How do I remove a heated grip? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jan 28th, 2008, 8:18 pm Thread Starter

How do I remove a heated grip?

Can someone tell me how to remove the heated grip on a 2000 LT?

Brian in Austin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Jan 28th, 2008, 11:05 pm Thread Starter

Dave,....wondered how that happened.....thought maybe Dick did it. Im guessing you are a moderator

post #3 of 8 Old Jan 29th, 2008, 8:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwestrider
Dave,....wondered how that happened.....thought maybe Dick did it. Im guessing you are a moderator
Nope - tweren't me. I skipped class when the "edit 101" subject came up!!

BTW - for a list of 'who's who', scroll down on this page.

post #4 of 8 Old Feb 9th, 2008, 8:05 pm Thread Starter

Is there a number I can call?

Dick,....I will be in San Marcos Saturday after next. Is there a phone number where I can call you to see if we can meet up on the windshield?

Brian

post #5 of 8 Old Feb 9th, 2008, 9:33 pm

Answered you by e-mail, Brian. Phone number and all. Hope we get a chance to meet up. Take care.
post #6 of 8 Old Feb 9th, 2008, 10:47 pm
KIC

Talking Sooo........

Ok.. so let me get this straight... the question was how to remove a heated grip on a 2000LT?

wildwestrider: Can someone tell me how to remove the heated grip on a 2000 LT?

Brian in Austin

The responses were:

DaveDragon: Hey Brian, I fixed your sig block so it shows the WU object correctly.

wildwestrider: Dave,....wondered how that happened.....thought maybe Dick did it. Im guessing you are a moderator

Dick: Nope - tweren't me. I skipped class when the "edit 101" subject came up!!
BTW - for a list of 'who's who', scroll down on this page.

wildwestrider: Dick,....I will be in San Marcos Saturday after next. Is there a phone number where I can call you to see if we can meet up on the windshield? Brian

Dick: Answered you by e-mail, Brian. Phone number and all. Hope we get a chance to meet up. Take care.

So... we talked about fixed Sig blocks, moderators, who did what to whatever, a trip to San Marcos, a windshield, ...... So not meaning to interrupt you all....
So...How do you remove a heated handgrip from a 2000 K1200LT ???

PROUD FATHER OF A MILITARY DAUGHTER !.
She's for sale
SOLD 7-19-08 [url]

There are those who ride BMW's.. and those who wish they did.

Ron's R11/1 Vergasser's - 1st Wingman

Sophmore : BMWLT - University of Luxury Touring Education

2000 K1200LTC Champagne SOLD 7-08
2006 KLR 650 - RED- The fast dual sport color !
2002 TW 200 - White/Blue - #1,The wife's CRF replacement.
2002 TW 200 - WhiteBlue - #2, My matching toy
2001 XT 225 - White/Blue - Sold 7/08
92 K75S Red and fast (sadly gone)

Yamaha YZ 250 for the dirt ( still good use for a smokin' 2-stroke !) In critical care 4/08
Honda CRF 230F - Wifey's dirt fun. (Sold)
Many Honda 750 F's (May they Rest In Peace)
post #7 of 8 Old Feb 10th, 2008, 2:30 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIC

So... we talked about fixed Sig blocks, moderators, who did what to whatever, a trip to San Marcos, a windshield, ...... So not meaning to interrupt you all....
So...How do you remove a heated handgrip from a 2000 K1200LT ???
Shame on me, Brian. I forgot to use the search feature to see if I could find your answer. I've never taken the grips off ole Toad, so can't give you any personal experience --- however, here is one post within a thread I found from back-when that might help.

BTW - see ya on the 23rd.
post #8 of 8 Old Feb 10th, 2008, 5:41 am Thread Starter

Thanks for the research, but trying to remove and replace the entire grip assembly

Dick,

Thanks for the research effort,....but my problem is that I bought a bike with no heated grip assembly whatsoever on the left side (just has the exposed handlebar tube with a wire hanging loose) and the chrome trimmed grip assembly on the right. I dont care how it happens or if it is chrome or all black.............but I want to have two matching heated grips on the bike.

Brian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in