Tank Bag - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Jan 26th, 2008, 7:20 am Thread Starter

Question Tank Bag

Hey everyone!

Looking for a nice tank bag for my LT. I like the looks of the Chicane, but after calling and leaving emails for them (10 times) with NO return calls, I have given up buying one from them.

Any used bags for sale, or links for bags that you came guide me too?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Jan 26th, 2008, 10:25 am
Cooler on the east coast!!!

I am in the same boat, I hear nothing but great things about the Chicane, and I do like the looks. I also have called and e-mailed them ALOT over two months with out any response. To me not a great way to run a business!

If you search the site many are liking the BMW bag and RKA(not sure this is right)
Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Hey everyone!

Looking for a nice tank bag for my LT. I like the looks of the Chicane, but after calling and leaving emails for them (10 times) with NO return calls, I have given up buying one from them.

Any used bags for sale, or links for bags that you came guide me too?

Thanks!

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #3 of 13 Old Jan 26th, 2008, 11:04 am

I'm curious. Everytime I see one of these threads about tank bags, I expect to see someone comment on the Wolfman Explorer Lite. It looks like it would be ideal for an LT or RT. I have talked to them and they indicate that they think it is too wide for either bike but it measures 8.5" wide which is as narrow or narrower than any of the other bags I see mentioned and their quality and responsiveness is great. Anyone out there have a Wolfman bag in use?

Dan Forker

post #4 of 13 Old Jan 26th, 2008, 2:35 pm

Unhappy Chicane Tank Bag

I have the Chicane tank bag for the LT, which works great, is expandable, attaches in seconds and comes with a rain cover. The one down side is the clear map pocket on the top, very small. They do sell a separate map pocket which is much larger and attaches to the existing rings on the bag. Now as already reported, you will not find it on there web site, regardless of the number of e-mails they typically do not respond and many, many phone calls also go unanswered. (The original purchase of the tank bag was done through a dealer when I was traveling through the US a couple of years ago). The reason I know about the contact issues with Chicane is that I have been trying to purchase the extra map pocket for a couple of months but no luck. Maybe the Chicane brothers will read some of these posts and get the hint!
post #5 of 13 Old Jan 26th, 2008, 3:04 pm

I use my Honda ST1100 tank bag. Massive storage. Holds all my cook gear, documents, maps, gadgets.
Full sting ray use and no bar interferance

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 Old Jan 26th, 2008, 3:31 pm

tank bag

I like my expandeble RKA tank bag. large removable map pocket and they can be ordered in a few custom colors.
post #7 of 13 Old Jan 26th, 2008, 9:47 pm

Try contacting BMW of Denver they are a dealer and know him (Randy), he rides a lot but the bags are great!

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350
post #8 of 13 Old Jan 27th, 2008, 4:08 pm

Garage
Wolfman Tank Bag!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanForker
I'm curious. Everytime I see one of these threads about tank bags, I expect to see someone comment on the Wolfman Explorer Lite. It looks like it would be ideal for an LT or RT. I have talked to them and they indicate that they think it is too wide for either bike but it measures 8.5" wide which is as narrow or narrower than any of the other bags I see mentioned and their quality and responsiveness is great. Anyone out there have a Wolfman bag in use?

Dan Forker
I have used a Wolfman Explorer on my LT for 4 plus years and other than honking the horn once in a while as I move around in the barn "I think it works great" I keep my SLR, lens, flash, extra gloves, mounted my GPS to the front, along with a couple of cup holder (one for water, one for a spray unit in hot weather) com cords when not in use, air gauge, muilt tool, and then there are the side pockets, really the list goes on and on and on..The map holder is removable, and because it velcros on I'm in the process of making a larger one to take our Texas maps without having to fold them so many times. Again I could go on and on just like my list of content. Bottom line I think it is the greats bag out there...

Bill Jennings, fhp
Denison, TX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMW States
BMW years and miles, 32 years 500K+

AMA, CMA, IBA, POG, MSF, FHP, etc

'99 K1200lt
'76 R900/6
Various Vintage Dirt Bikes
-Greeves (Sold), Pentons, Hodaka, etc.

Remember you are not lost till you run out of gas!
post #9 of 13 Old Jan 27th, 2008, 4:14 pm
Gold Supporter

Lone Star BMW in Austin has Chicane Tank bags in stock. You can get one from them.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #10 of 13 Old Jan 28th, 2008, 8:32 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewuff
Lone Star BMW in Austin has Chicane Tank bags in stock. You can get one from them.
I have just purchased a 2002 LT from USA,but haven't recieved it yet.Just wonder which tank bag and tail bag from Chicane that fits the LT.The bike has a BMW trunk rack.Thankful for an answer
post #11 of 13 Old Jan 28th, 2008, 8:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisern
I have just purchased a 2002 LT from USA,but haven't recieved it yet.Just wonder which tank bag and tail bag from Chicane that fits the LT.The bike has a BMW trunk rack.Thankful for an answer
Hans (silverbuffalo) has a Chicane trunk rack bag for sale in the classified forum. And I 'think' there might be a Chicane tank bag listed somewhere in there also. Chicane does make an LT-specific tank bag, so make sure you obtain that one as opposed to a regular m/c tank bag. Good luck.
post #12 of 13 Old Jan 28th, 2008, 9:55 am
Lifetime Supporter

Red face

Some of you forgot that the two front straps on the Chicane tend to pull loose at the stitching. An upholsterer and $25 can fix this problem because you can't count on the Chicane brothers to respond.
I still have no response from them since Nov. '07.

Benton Blalock
"I ride.....the bike doesn't"

'18 Honda Africa Twin Adventure SportDCT
'12 Kawi KLR 650 "Dirty" - traded in
'08 LT Black "Fireball" 113,000+ miles(RIP- transmission - may be seen on the road again)
'05 LT Yeller er Gold? "Ophelia"(RIP- fire) 80,000 miles
'04 R12CLC (RIP- hurricane) 36,000 miles
230,000+ BMW miles
'Rounder'
post #13 of 13 Old Jan 28th, 2008, 9:59 am

Right............

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblalock
Some of you forgot that the two front straps on the Chicane tend to pull loose at the stitching. An upholsterer and $25 can fix this problem because you can't count on the Chicane brothers to respond.
I still have no response from them since Nov. '07.
NO CHIT

D.Kinsey
Santa Fe, Tx.
15 R1200RT
13 Ducati Panigale Tricolore

12 Ducati Diavel Carbon(SOLD)
08 K1200LT (born 12/19/07)(SOLD)

09 Triumph Sprint ST...RED(SOLD)
00 K1200LT Custom Painted(SOLD)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in