Proud New Member of BMW community - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 7:17 pm Thread Starter

Proud New Member of BMW community

Hello to all,

I just got my 2005 LT in September out in Fresno, CA. I was looking for a Harley and ended up at the BMW Dealership in Fresno looking at a used Harley when I saw the new LTs and test rode one. I loved it but they were out of my price range. The head of sales asked me if I really liked the LT because if I did He wanted to sell his. Well I took a look at it and it looked brand new and had every BMW option on it, even the 125.00 cup holder, and only had 19,000 mIles on it with all seviceing records on it. Long story short he made me a deal I couldn't refuse and now I am a proud owner of a blue and silver K1200LT. When my job was through in Fresno I shipped my luggage home and loaded the bike and headed for Alabama and that is when I found out I was not as young as I used to be. I had planned to ride to Kingsman AZ the first day, made it to Neddles, Ca with my tail dragging and my plan of a 4 day trip turned into 8 Days but I made it with a sore butt and tired as heck and glad I was not on a Harley. What difference 30 years makes, I rode to CA on a 73 Superglide when I got out of the Air Force in 1976 with no problems and sleep in a sleeping bag on the ground when I stopped, Thank God for motels. I hope to see ya'll out on the road sometime but don't expect me to do 2,500 miles straight through with you for a while. LOL

Charles Sizemore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Got some pictures?

Big-E

1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 800
2001 Yamaha Venture- most comfortable bike on the road- Gone
2004 Honda Goldwing- Didn't like it- Gone
2005 BMW K1200LT- Great bike!- Lives on with another member
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14- Loving it for now
1998 Suzuki Bandit S-1200- Fun, just got it.
post #3 of 6 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 7:51 pm

Seat Makes a Difference

Charles, if you plan on spending any time in the saddle, you may want to invest in a good seat. It truely does make a difference, to the point where you could do 700 miles with no problem.

Have fun with the new bike.

Tim Hustead
Sea Marshal, U.S. Coast Guard
Sector Seattle

post #4 of 6 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 8:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMarshal
Charles, if you plan on spending any time in the saddle, you may want to invest in a good seat. It truely does make a difference, to the point where you could do 700 miles with no problem.

Have fun with the new bike.

Read and Heed. Bought a new Nightrain in '02 and could make about 50 miles before the buns went numb. A new Corbin seat and I could do 500 miles in a day with no problem. I don't think 700 would be possible on a Nightrain, at least 700 enjoyable miles.

Riding an '06 KLT with stock seat (and digging the bike) and after 300 or so miles, I'm thinking a new seat would be a good addition. Still looking at the options and would welcome suggestions.

As for the ride from CA to AL, I'm only a few years your junior and I say 'rock on' Nothing wrong with taking a little extra time to enjoy the ride.

cisdoz
2009 Triumph Bonneville
2006 K1200LT
2003 Triumph Bonneville T100
2002 Harley Night Train
1980 Harley Sportster
1970 Honda SL70
1966 Bridgestone 60
1968 Coyote

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"At this speed, I can't stop. I have to slow down first"
post #5 of 6 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 8:11 pm
KIC

Welcome tho the fold.. All you need now is gas and this forum. Read, learn and ride safe.

PROUD FATHER OF A MILITARY DAUGHTER !.
She's for sale
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOLD 7-19-08 [url]

There are those who ride BMW's.. and those who wish they did.

Ron's R11/1 Vergasser's - 1st Wingman

Sophmore : BMWLT - University of Luxury Touring Education

2000 K1200LTC Champagne SOLD 7-08
2006 KLR 650 - RED- The fast dual sport color !
2002 TW 200 - White/Blue - #1,The wife's CRF replacement.
2002 TW 200 - WhiteBlue - #2, My matching toy
2001 XT 225 - White/Blue - Sold 7/08
92 K75S Red and fast (sadly gone)

Yamaha YZ 250 for the dirt ( still good use for a smokin' 2-stroke !) In critical care 4/08
Honda CRF 230F - Wifey's dirt fun. (Sold)
Many Honda 750 F's (May they Rest In Peace)
post #6 of 6 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 8:16 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanblee2
Hello to all,

I just got my 2005 LT in September out in Fresno, CA. I was looking for a Harley and ended up at the BMW Dealership in Fresno looking at a used Harley when I saw the new LTs and test rode one. I loved it but they were out of my price range. The head of sales asked me if I really liked the LT because if I did He wanted to sell his. Well I took a look at it and it looked brand new and had every BMW option on it, even the 125.00 cup holder, and only had 19,000 mIles on it with all seviceing records on it. Long story short he made me a deal I couldn't refuse and now I am a proud owner of a blue and silver K1200LT. When my job was through in Fresno I shipped my luggage home and loaded the bike and headed for Alabama and that is when I found out I was not as young as I used to be. I had planned to ride to Kingsman AZ the first day, made it to Neddles, Ca with my tail dragging and my plan of a 4 day trip turned into 8 Days but I made it with a sore butt and tired as heck and glad I was not on a Harley. What difference 30 years makes, I rode to CA on a 73 Superglide when I got out of the Air Force in 1976 with no problems and sleep in a sleeping bag on the ground when I stopped, Thank God for motels. I hope to see ya'll out on the road sometime but don't expect me to do 2,500 miles straight through with you for a while. LOL

Charles Sizemore

Pictures man...pictures! Welcome to the fold. Lot's of help and friendly folks here. Check out the Southeastern forum on here. We have a Spring Training Camp coming up. Would love to meet ya and see that bike! Click here for the STC information:

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31335

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA
'06 Goldwing - "The Black Pearl"
Too many others to list...

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in