This newbie LT guy was in bike accident - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 10:20 am Thread Starter

This newbie LT guy was in bike accident

Folks,

Some of you may have seen my previous posts about buying a '99 LTC. Well, last Wednesday - after installing the replacement left mirror that came in the mail - I took the bike out and must have hit some black ice going around a right sweeping curve. Instantly the bike went down on the right side and my right foot got trapped under the bike. Eventually, the bike side a little further and stopped on the centerline facing me. I stopped in the opposing lane. There was nobody in that lane thankfully. I was wearing all my gear (Tourmaster) of course. My helmet did not have a scratch. It had now become dark outside.

I noticed my right foot was pointing in a most wrong direction and I believed something had to be broken. Many fine folks stopped to help me out. I called my wife from the side of the road. In the hospital, they gave me some powerful drugs to reset my dislocated foot. Next day (Thursday) I was operated on with a plate and 8 screws. I have X-rays to prove it! I am home now. Doctors says no weight on the foot until further notice. Plate and screws can come out in 3 months. Cast stays on for 6 to 8 weeks. Expect full physical recovery. I got zero roadrash and am not sore anywhere else - the "body armor" in the Tourmaster jacket and pants did their job very well.

I have yet to see the bike. My wife and I are going over to where they towed it to see if it can be seen and if so, what can we see. I hope that nobody messed with it too much but I just don't know what to expect here. I was so excited going for the bike only to have it messed up so soon. A friend is goming over tomorrow with a U-Haul bike trailer so we can get the bike home and put in the garage.

I have a few months to have it fixed up. Depending on the damage - it may take that long to afford it. I will be posting questions and both bike and myself work our way back to riding. My wife and I have places to see and you kind folks to meet.

Jon

2011 R1200RT - not named yet

2005 K1200LT Blue - "Sapphire" - gone
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 ST1100 Red - "Red Rider"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMW MOA #139052
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 10:31 am

Bummer... Glad you're OK.

Jim
'06LT - Magnesium Black Graphite (light black)

post #3 of 44 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 10:35 am

Glad you are ok.

Question??? How long did you have the bike out before hitting the curve?? I am a firm believer that tires need to be warm before attempting any type of lean. Instead of black ice, cold tires????

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
Contact me 4 motor training 1&1
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (Contact me)

post #4 of 44 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 10:35 am

Jon,

Sorry to hear about the bike crash, but glad to hear that you are going to have a full recovery. Let us know how we can help. When the time comes, you get right back on that horse and ride her!

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA
'06 Goldwing - "The Black Pearl"
Too many others to list...

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 44 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 11:16 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman587
Glad you are ok.

Question??? How long did you have the bike out before hitting the curve?? I am a firm believer that tires need to be warm before attempting any type of lean. Instead of black ice, cold tires????
Cold tires - perhaps? I had been riding for maybe 10 miles. Air temp in the 30's and falling. Metzeler Marathon 880's.

BMW MOA #139052
post #6 of 44 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 12:11 pm

Glad to hear your ok........

How fast were you going? I am thinking that 30 degrees and 10 miles seems to be the recipe for ice, not cold tires. Let us know how the bike ended up.

Kevin - "06" Lt (Magnesium Black Graphite)

"A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it."

post #7 of 44 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 2:33 pm
KIC

Jon,

Glad your OK. Scary stuff. How's the wife taking the accident ? Got a feeling that with the recovery will come boredom.

By the time you can ride again you will have:

1) Repaired all damage on the LT.

2) Completed all services due

3) Completed all services (in advance) needed in the next 60K miles to come.

4) Researched this web site including the HOW to the point of knowing the exact location, date and topic of each thread ever posted.

5) Bought and installed every farkle ever made for the LT.

6) Bought, modified, and installed on your LT every farkle designed for any bike.

7) Exceed 5000 posts on this site.

Take care and heal fast.

Oh yea....and stay OFF the black ice. That's why we out here in the west prefer to keep our ice in the freezer.

PROUD FATHER OF A MILITARY DAUGHTER !.
She's for sale
SOLD 7-19-08 [url]

There are those who ride BMW's.. and those who wish they did.

Ron's R11/1 Vergasser's - 1st Wingman

Sophmore : BMWLT - University of Luxury Touring Education

2000 K1200LTC Champagne SOLD 7-08
2006 KLR 650 - RED- The fast dual sport color !
2002 TW 200 - White/Blue - #1,The wife's CRF replacement.
2002 TW 200 - WhiteBlue - #2, My matching toy
2001 XT 225 - White/Blue - Sold 7/08
92 K75S Red and fast (sadly gone)

Yamaha YZ 250 for the dirt ( still good use for a smokin' 2-stroke !) In critical care 4/08
Honda CRF 230F - Wifey's dirt fun. (Sold)
Many Honda 750 F's (May they Rest In Peace)
post #8 of 44 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 2:52 pm

Sorry to hear the news. Sounds like you're alive to fight another day. As for the bike, they are all either fixable or replaceable. Sounds like you rode plenty long enough for the tires to get warm enough for grip. There has been a LOT of black ice in my area over the past couple of weeks . . . that's why I ain't riding, even on the days when snow isn't an issue.

And now for s'more potentially bad news. There's a small frame tab on the LTs that often gets broken during a crash. When that happens, the insurance companies will total the bike. Let us know if this happened to your LT. Keep up up-to-date. And again . . . sorry to hear about the crash.
post #9 of 44 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 2:57 pm
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Sorry to hear that man.

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope it all comes out well for you.

I rode Wednesday also. After our weekend I was very cautious. I always stick to slab and that helps take the sun/shade issue that my back roads have. Just got in from 100 mile slab ride to see my son and it was all good, just 17 degrees warm.

Again I wish you well.

If you need ANYTHING you have my e-mail address.

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic (Sold)
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 (Sold)
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Totaled 2010)
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959

Last edited by LAF; Jan 20th, 2008 at 3:03 pm.
post #10 of 44 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 3:59 pm
Cooler on the east coast!!!

Jon sorry to hear about your misfortune. Good luck on the recovery, that is to say the yourself and the bike

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #11 of 44 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 4:13 pm Thread Starter

wife wants me to be riding as soon as I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIC
Jon,

Glad your OK. Scary stuff. How's the wife taking the accident ? Got a feeling that with the recovery will come boredom.

Oh yea....and stay OFF the black ice. That's why we out here in the west prefer to keep our ice in the freezer.
Wife has been very supportive. She knows I'm a pretty fair rider and she is almost as anxious to have me in the saddle as I am for she loves loves to ride along with me.

I agree 1000% where I prefer the ice to be as well!

As for boredom, I have thought about that. Getting the bike fixed (as well as myself, of course) will occupy me - provided that "tab" is not broken. If they must total it - so be it and I can concentrate on just getting another.

What are the opinions on getting it repaired at a dealer? Versus doing it one self?

Jon

BMW MOA #139052
post #12 of 44 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 4:17 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF
Sorry to hear that man.

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope it all comes out well for you.

I rode Wednesday also. After our weekend I was very cautious. I always stick to slab and that helps take the sun/shade issue that my back roads have. Just got in from 100 mile slab ride to see my son and it was all good, just 17 degrees warm.

Again I wish you well.

If you need ANYTHING you have my e-mail address.
Thanks Lee.

If the bike is not totaled (I would be surprised if it was but as others has mentioned, sometimes you don't see the key damage at first) you may wish to dust off that windshield...

BMW MOA #139052
post #13 of 44 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 10:25 pm

Really sorry about your fall... all the best for a full recovery!

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #14 of 44 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 11:53 pm

Glad to hear you injuries weren't major Jon. Quick healing. I hope the bike comes out okay.

When a government takes over a peoples economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs.
- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT
post #15 of 44 Old Jan 20th, 2008, 11:59 pm

Heal fast. Ice sucks!

Hello 07 R1200S
Bye2006 LT
1982 R65
Buy More Warranty!
post #16 of 44 Old Jan 21st, 2008, 6:35 am

Sorry to hear the news. I rode on Wednesday also. It was a tough week compared to last. May you have a speedy recovery! The weather will be allot nicer, the days will be longer, and in 2 months and you'll be ready to roll!
Been thinking about warm tires. How long does it take to warm them up at different temps? Or do they ever?
post #17 of 44 Old Jan 21st, 2008, 7:08 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsd-tourteam
...I have X-rays to prove it!
The ankle biter strikes again! My LT fell on me in a parking lot with fine gravel scattered about. It was dark, and I fell for the trap. Here's a pic of my pins, so I know just how you feel. Sorry to hear it, friend, and heal fast and well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pins.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	16168  

Blessings!
munson+

The Rev. John Munson
Vicar,
, Burkburnett, Texas
Vicar,
, Wichita Falls, Texas
2007 R1200RT "REV ZM"
IRON BUTT ASSOC. #37813
See my video:
post #18 of 44 Old Jan 21st, 2008, 8:17 am

Sorry to hear about your accident Jon, but glad to hear you are fixable and on the mend. It happens quick, huh? I always try to keep my "assurance" paid up, 'cause you just can't anticipate all the "imponderables".

Here's to a speedy recovery

Rodney

2000 Canyon Red LT [I]
2005 Sportster XLCH 1200C
2006 Mongoose XR250
Make sure your Life Assurance is prayed up. Don't leave home without it.
post #19 of 44 Old Jan 21st, 2008, 9:05 am
KIC

Impressed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by munson
The ankle biter strikes again! My LT fell on me in a parking lot with fine gravel scattered about. It was dark, and I fell for the trap. Here's a pic of my pins, so I know just how you feel. Sorry to hear it, friend, and heal fast and well.
Now that is a unique way to carry extra hardware for those breakdowns in far-a-way places !

Let us know how the bike is Jon !

She's for sale
SOLD 7-19-08 [url]

Yamaha YZ 250 for the dirt ( still good use for a smokin' 2-stroke !) In critical care 4/08
post #20 of 44 Old Jan 21st, 2008, 9:11 am

John if someone was to tell you that you have a screw loose you just may

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #21 of 44 Old Jan 21st, 2008, 9:13 am Thread Starter

screws and plates oh my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by munson
Ahhhh yes! Good pic on the X-ray. I will see how I can take a pic of mine. I have a plate as well as screws - all parts that the company I work for makes - Synthes. So not only am I an employee of Synthes, but a customer as well.

Are you still wearing the hardwear?

Jon

BMW MOA #139052
post #22 of 44 Old Jan 21st, 2008, 1:22 pm

Thanks for posting about your unfortunate accident. I hope you heal well, but if nothing else, from this round, I have learned to NEVER ride with tennis or street shoes whatsoever.............
post #23 of 44 Old Jan 21st, 2008, 1:42 pm

Jon Synthes good products now you can speak to their clinical applications

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #24 of 44 Old Jan 21st, 2008, 3:17 pm

Quote:
What are the opinions on getting it repaired at a dealer? Versus doing it one self?
Do you know what to look for as far as broken frame tabs go? I suspect like some of us you don't. Let the dealer look at it, they will be able to tell you very quickly.

As far as repairs go, that depends on how good a mechanic you are. provided the frame tabs aren't broken.

Like me you walked away from one, relatively speaking.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #25 of 44 Old Jan 21st, 2008, 7:59 pm Thread Starter

saw the broken bike today

With wife, buddy and a bike trailer, we went to the place where the bike was towed. I could not believe what I saw - it is a mess. Other than the plastic right at the very rear, every other piece of tupperware is either cracked, missing chunks, or plain missing. The windshield is badly scratched (though intact). No mirrors left on the bike. The side bumpers (and chrome strips) are blown - both sides! The area outside the rear left speaker is ground away. The top of the zumo GPS - mounted on the clutch cover) was ground away. I didn't think the bike ever was off the right side. Looks like the bike tumbled after it was no longer weighed down by me!

The bike was laying on it's right side (like how it was found in the road) at the towed location and no one was big enough (wife or buddy) or physically able (me with broken leg) to right it up. I sure wanted to try but luckily my brain kicked in and I figured that would be ever so stupid. Did not see any leaking fluids.

At that point I figured to put it in the insurance's hands and after a 80-some minute talk with the insurance company, it will be transported to a BMW bike dealer (but not the one I purchased it from - that one is twice as far). The insurance adjuster and dealer will figure out what will happen.

My wife thought she was taking loads of photo's with the digital camera. I just looked and the camera was on "file download" setting. Not a pic was taken. Probably a good thing.

Jon

BMW MOA #139052
post #26 of 44 Old Jan 21st, 2008, 8:08 pm
KIC

Well

Jon,

Heal up, take it easy, don't spend the insurance settlement and we all will help locate you a new LT to ride !

Now you can decide if they total it, whether to buy it back and sell the parts. I hear there is a great market for the final drive !

She's for sale
SOLD 7-19-08 [url]

post #27 of 44 Old Jan 21st, 2008, 8:20 pm

Thanks for posting your account of your accident and follow-up fetching the bike. Let us know how the damage/repair situation develops. Glad you're OK, relatively . . . bike can be replaced, but you can't! Wonderful that your wife is so supportive! Heal well.

John

John Roadhouse
'08 K 1200 LT
'07 R 1200 GS
post #28 of 44 Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:54 am

I'm glad your on the mend. I'm curious what type of boots were you wearing?
post #29 of 44 Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 1:19 pm

Sorry to hear your crash,Iĺl have in october a little crash but Im ok only my LT need a new forks.

ATOS

2001 LT BLACK
1993 Piaggio Ciao red

Im a lucky man,have two beautyful childrens and my LT.
post #30 of 44 Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 2:14 pm

I had a similar accident

I broke my ankle when I crashed on my LT and got my foot stuck under the bike. It was totaly my fault. I had been served divorce papers an hour earlier and just finished reading them when I got on the bike angry and took off hard making a left turn. Bike went down and I slid about 40 ft with the bike facing me. Almost no damage to the bike. I couldnt believe it. I have dropped dirt bikes and suffered more damage. The bike slid on the tip over wings and the centerstand with some damage on the shifter and a little scrape on the rear side bag chrome plastic trim. The only item I had to purchase was a plastic cover for the tip over wing.

My ankle wasnt as bad as yours, it was just a torn ligament, but I broke my wrist when I crashed on my ATV a little over a year ago. 3 days in the hospital, plate in my wrist, 6 screws and 8 months of recovery. I hope you have better luck with your ankle.
post #31 of 44 Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 5:23 pm Thread Starter

boots I was wearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nplenzick
I'm glad your on the mend. I'm curious what type of boots were you wearing?
I believe they were the Teknic Stinger II Waterproof Boot. Not to be gross, but they seemed to have kept everything "contained".

I really like them. The soles were starting to get worn. They had to cut the right boot off. It had a bit of road rash. I had zero road rash.

I shudder to think what would have happened if I was not wearing cycle boots.

ATGATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BMW MOA #139052
post #32 of 44 Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 5:30 pm Thread Starter

wonder if getting a foot caught is common

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_nj1
I broke my ankle when I crashed on my LT and got my foot stuck under the bike.
Bike went down and I slid about 40 ft with the bike facing me. Almost no damage to the bike. I couldnt believe it.
The only item I had to purchase was a plastic cover for the tip over wing.
Wow. Similar indeed. It could have been worse for you. (And for me too!)

My bike looked like it did a 'brake dance' on the road. I was stunned when I saw it.

BMW MOA #139052
post #33 of 44 Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 5:39 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIC
Jon,

Heal up, take it easy, don't spend the insurance settlement and we all will help locate you a new LT to ride !

Now you can decide if they total it, whether to buy it back and sell the parts. I hear there is a great market for the final drive !
Thanks man. I want to put my right foot down and walk on it! But the doc said no weight on it until further notice. Currently, the pain is not very bad at all. Just spasms every now and then - probably means things are healing.

I am curious as to what will happen with the bike. Also to my insurance policy!

But one thing is clear in the little time I had it - the LT is one heck of a machine. If they total it, you can be sure that I will be asking you and the rest for help in getting a new LT!

Jon

BMW MOA #139052
post #34 of 44 Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 6:27 pm

Jon, just remember, you are not bionic now . Sad to hear you lost it already, I came close on Sunday in a car park, took off, stalled , bike went left down past CG luckily my rather strong ex-cyclist legs pushed us back upright. I am sure you will recover and get another LT and ride again with even more respect for that black stuff. A lesson everyone should have learned by now, good gear saves you.

Tony Carpenter

BMW K1200LT 2008
post #35 of 44 Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 7:17 pm Thread Starter

Tony,

Dang! I should have realized it for I'm sure the bill was not $6 M! Plus I still have the same eyes! Can't zoom!!

Like you, I'm a bicyclist (have three different styles of bikes) and have been riding for a long time. For me, once I got my big 'bike thighs' decades ago, I've retained them. The doctor also told me "No running" until further notice. Guess he thought that my 'bike' legs were runners legs.

Jon

BMW MOA #139052
post #36 of 44 Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 4:23 am

Sorry to read of your accident. Heal well!

Steamboat John
Magnesium Black 2006 K1200LT

Honda Ridgeline
Dean Ti 29r Mtn bike with XTR group
Dean Ti Road Bike with Dura Ace group
post #37 of 44 Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:32 am

About 11 months ago Iwent out for a winter ride and didn't hit black ice, rather big white dog. Broke my right foot, not under the bike but was thrown off and landed on it. Very fortunate. As for the damage to your bike, I would bet the ranch that who ever towed your bike did more damage than the wreck. Thats what happened to me, one guy comes out puts straps on it and pulls it up sliding all the way. Then wraps straps around the handle bars ruining master cylinder, handle bars, fairing support, etc. As I had cancelled my Collision and Comp 200 miles before (lesson learned) I chose to rebuild the bike. Had fun, but would probably take the insurance money and get something else if I had the choice.

I was kind of thinking I might get sketish riding again, several friends said once they got on after a wreck they were no good. I was out in my drive way helping my wife with her f650 and instantly caught the fever again!

You might consider something lighter until you are competely healed. I rode her f650 and then bought a k1200rs. Light is good on mended parts. Will probably be selling the LT when I can bring my self to do it!
post #38 of 44 Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 1:25 pm

Jon, sorry to hear of your recent accident. I haven't experienced a crash with the LT but we did go down with my Honda GW. Fortunately, it was more minor than your incident. Cuts and bruises but the bike was totalled. I bought it back and had it fixed and rode it for a few thousand miles before graduating to the LT.

Heal well and fast. Listen to the doctor, that is his expertise.

Be blessed!!

Larry Norris
99 K1200LTC w/custom trailer (Champ)
Olympia, WA
post #39 of 44 Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 8:27 pm Thread Starter

bike fever - waiting for the cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by haji3
About 11 months ago Iwent out for a winter ride and didn't hit black ice, rather big white dog. Broke my right foot, not under the bike but was thrown off and landed on it. Very fortunate. As for the damage to your bike, I would bet the ranch that who ever towed your bike did more damage than the wreck. Thats what happened to me, one guy comes out puts straps on it and pulls it up sliding all the way. Then wraps straps around the handle bars ruining master cylinder, handle bars, fairing support, etc. As I had cancelled my Collision and Comp 200 miles before (lesson learned) I chose to rebuild the bike. Had fun, but would probably take the insurance money and get something else if I had the choice.

I was kind of thinking I might get sketish riding again, several friends said once they got on after a wreck they were no good. I was out in my drive way helping my wife with her f650 and instantly caught the fever again!

You might consider something lighter until you are competely healed. I rode her f650 and then bought a k1200rs. Light is good on mended parts. Will probably be selling the LT when I can bring my self to do it!
Ouch... both the accident and the insurance aspect. I have to eat a $1000 bucks in my case (repair or - total).

I hear you about returning to riding with a light(er) bike until I'm fully strong again. I do have another - my ST1100 (which I consider a featherweight compared to my limited experience with the LT). I'm aiming for being back in the LT saddle on a regular basis by mid-summer so that after Labor Day, my spouse and I will go on our trip out west. Well... that's the goal!

As all here know, riding is something that provides for a variety of wonderful experiences that even partially defines ourselves. If I am able, I will ride until I no longer can. I know of that "fever" you mention. Crazy me... I have it now!

Jon

BMW MOA #139052
post #40 of 44 Old Jan 24th, 2008, 4:04 pm
VTO

Glad to hear your OK. May your healing be fast and painless.
best to you,
Steve
post #41 of 44 Old Jan 24th, 2008, 6:13 pm Thread Starter

Insurance says they will total it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIC
Jon,

After the adjuster saw the bike, he calls me up and said he was planning to total the bike. It did not sound like he wants to see how much it would cost to repair it. And he did not yet have a value on the bike.

This is my first time I've totaled a bike. Anybody know how I can determine if the insurance company will give me fair value?

Jon

BMW MOA #139052
post #42 of 44 Old Jan 24th, 2008, 9:45 pm
KIC

I have a friend who had a Chevy truck that he had taken great care of and had recently painted it using Mercedes Paint. The truck was real nice and clean but not "over done".

He was a State Farm insured. While driving to his shop one day, a State Farm adjuster driving a State Farm car turned in front of him totaling the truck. I figured he had it made. They tried to offer him less for the whole truck then he paid for the paint job. ( and he painted it himself !) Since he "restored cars" he needed a nice truck as part of his business.

Anyway, he documented the "market value" of similar trucks in great condition, obtained written statements from people who knew the truck and had a car specialist who knew the truck write a "value estimate".

He obtained a much better settlement.

So, do your homework ( your only sitting around healing anyways ) document bikes for sale all around your area including other states.

Be prepared to fight for actual market value of the bike. Unless of course they offer you more than market value or what you paid for it....then you sit on your tongue and smile !

Also, see if you have medical on your policy as they might pay you a lump sum medical payment regardless of how your medical bills are paid/reimbursed. That might off-set the 1K loss on deductables.

Good luck !

Heal fast Jon so you can ride fast !

She's for sale
SOLD 7-19-08 [url]

post #43 of 44 Old Jan 25th, 2008, 9:23 am

Quote:
This is my first time I've totaled a bike. Anybody know how I can determine if the insurance company will give me fair value?

Jon
I was in a car smash five years ago and it totaled my car. It was not my fault and the other agent wanted to give me about $2K less than what I thought it was worth. She told me that if I could show her why I thought it was worth more then she would work with me. I went to every online seller I could find and printed out page after page or cars that were the same year as mine with the same features. I found somewhere around 80 cars nation wide and asked her how to get them to her. It took me about five days to get them all and a whole reem of paper to print them.
I started to fax them to her office and after about 25-30 she called me to stop! I told her I was not through and she agreed to work with me then. It was worth my time.

"BONES" <///><

2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #44 of 44 Old Jan 25th, 2008, 9:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbones
... and a whole reem of paper to print them. I started to fax them to her office and after about 25-30 she called me to stop! I told her I was not through and she agreed to work with me then. It was worth my time.
Awesome!!! I'll remember this one for sure!

And Jon - heel fast and well, and good luck on the valuation front.

Mark
'07 RT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in