Today we completed Mike's (Sheldan2) 2002 K1200LT repair. He noticed tranny gear oil dripping out of the hole he drilled in the interdediate housing. Cause of the leak was a worn bushing on the input shaft (front side) on the tranny. Here's what we did:
1. Replaced Engine Main Seal while in there
2. Replaced all clutch components while in there
3. Replaced transmission with a used one.
4. Installed all new seals in the tranny (John Bowles tool worked GREAT!)
5. Replaced rear shock (not associated with this breakdown)
6. Diagnosed and repaired an electrical problem we created
7. Relocated Stiebel air horn (loud as crap!)
8. Changed oil and filter
9. Installed "Hippo Hands"
(How did they work Mike?)
Thanks to all on this site who helped. It truly was a blessing to be able to gain your assistance. Special thanks to Mike St. Just, Joe Gottenberg, Wes Phillips, John Bowles and everyone else!