Can't believe I did that! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Jan 10th, 2008, 3:55 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Unhappy Can't believe I did that!

I recently mangled my radio antenna by parking to close to the garage door track. After contemplating why the garage door wasnít closing all the way and several attempts, I finally realized my antenna was caught in garage door track. Up until that time I had great radio reception Ė much better then my 01 had. I called a local dealer to order a replacement mast. This is when I nearly had a coronary. They quoted me a $131 just for the mast. I couldnít believe it so I call another dealer and got the same quote. I may opt for one of the electronic hidden antennas if I canít find a less expensive replacement. Does anyone have a source for a good alternative antenna mast? If memory serves me correctly, my 01 had a metal mast and my 05 is fiberglass and I donít know if they are interchangeable.

Doug Sorchilla
La Quinta, CA
2012 K1600 GTL

Growing Old is Mandatory Ė Growing Up is Optional
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Jan 10th, 2008, 4:28 pm
Cooler on the east coast!!!

Man that is a bad day. $131 is a lot of money. You can try Chicago BMW they have a 20% discount.

Dave where can I see this hide away antenna?

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #3 of 10 Old Jan 10th, 2008, 4:46 pm
Cooler on the east coast!!!

Thanks dave!

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC

post #4 of 10 Old Jan 10th, 2008, 5:16 pm

I did the exact same thang and bought one of those leetle rubber ducky antennaes. I had to grind on the mount some and rattle can it, but it worked great and looked even better.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old Jan 10th, 2008, 8:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorchilla
I recently mangled my radio antenna by parking to close to the garage door track. After contemplating why the garage door wasnít closing all the way and several attempts, I finally realized my antenna was caught in garage door track. Up until that time I had great radio reception Ė much better then my 01 had. I called a local dealer to order a replacement mast. This is when I nearly had a coronary. They quoted me a $131 just for the mast. I couldnít believe it so I call another dealer and got the same quote. I may opt for one of the electronic hidden antennas if I canít find a less expensive replacement. Does anyone have a source for a good alternative antenna mast? If memory serves me correctly, my 01 had a metal mast and my 05 is fiberglass and I donít know if they are interchangeable.
Go to http://webparts.com/cycles/fichefram...lename=K1200LT
Part number 65 21 2 337 379 which is just the mast cost $27.59 new.
I have ordered from the before, fast shipping.
post #6 of 10 Old Jan 10th, 2008, 10:10 pm
KIC

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
......... I had to grind on the mount some and rattle can it, .....

OK.. I give ..what does "rattle can it" mean?

PROUD FATHER OF A MILITARY DAUGHTER !.
She's for sale
SOLD 7-19-08 [url]

There are those who ride BMW's.. and those who wish they did.

Ron's R11/1 Vergasser's - 1st Wingman

Sophmore : BMWLT - University of Luxury Touring Education

2000 K1200LTC Champagne SOLD 7-08
2006 KLR 650 - RED- The fast dual sport color !
2002 TW 200 - White/Blue - #1,The wife's CRF replacement.
2002 TW 200 - WhiteBlue - #2, My matching toy
2001 XT 225 - White/Blue - Sold 7/08
92 K75S Red and fast (sadly gone)

Yamaha YZ 250 for the dirt ( still good use for a smokin' 2-stroke !) In critical care 4/08
Honda CRF 230F - Wifey's dirt fun. (Sold)
Many Honda 750 F's (May they Rest In Peace)
post #7 of 10 Old Jan 10th, 2008, 10:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIC
OK.. I give ..what does "rattle can it" mean?
You shake the can till it rattles real good and then you spray it. Spray paint= rattle can.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #8 of 10 Old Jan 10th, 2008, 10:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
You shake the can till it rattles real good and then you spray it. Spray paint= rattle can.

Or...as we say in North Carolina, "Spray bomb" it!

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA
'06 Goldwing - "The Black Pearl"
Too many others to list...

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #9 of 10 Old Jan 11th, 2008, 9:22 pm

Careful: That part number is for the CB antenna mast. The radio antenna is part
65 21 2 305 986, for $40.07 - still a big improvement over the prices you were quoted!
post #10 of 10 Old Jan 13th, 2008, 9:09 pm

Exclamation

Doug, why don't you PM Tony (Deputy5211) or check his site (www.ltparts.com). Or as mentioned earlier get a Hide-away antenna, but keep it mind that you need to use a switched power source for it or you'll discharge your battery. You know you can always call me if you have any questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorchilla

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in