Join Date: May 2005
Location: Littleton, CO, USA
I use a BMW lower seat on my '03 LTC. I actually purchased it to replace the regular seat and resold the regular seat to another LT Owner. After putting about 12,000 miles on it, here is my feedback:
1) It brings the height down almost 2 inches and narrows the seat as well
2) There is definately less padding and you will notice a difference
3) On longer trips, I do not find it particularly uncomfortable, but I stop usually every 100 - 150 miles for a break anyway.
4) It is not as comfortable as other seats on bikes that I have owned but is also not the least comfortable seat either.
5) I find that the lower seating position is quite helpful with my 30" inseam.
6) The lower seat will bring you closer to the driver pegs as well. So, that will also change your riding position and put more stress on your legs and knees. I found the Suburban peg relocation kit mandatory. That lowers the pegs and decreases maximum lean angle before scraaappppeeeee...