BoneYard Service Items for 60K Inspection - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Dec 29th, 2007, 8:00 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up BoneYard Service Items for 60K Inspection

I Recently placed an order for a service kit with Beemer BoneYard. They put together a collection of sparkplugs, and filters for what seems like a reasonable price.
I have to say their response time to my online order was very good. Seems like a good outfit there. Give 'em a try. I wonder if they supply valve buckets?

On another note:
So what kind of oil should I use? Is it too early to switch to synth?
Does it matter what color anti-freeze I put in there? What is everyone's favorite color antifreeze? Is it okay if my pets drink the old antifreeze? They seem to like it.
How do I drain the transmission ?
Is there a way to tell if my final drive is going to fail?
While I am changing all these fluids, should I change the air in my tires too?
Is there any information about the oil level site glass on this sight?
And what is the recommended procedure for braking in new break pads?
I am thinking of switching to a Harley. Are they better bikes? I hear they can go faster, are more reliable, and are easier to work on.

Oh, never mind...
Sufferin symptoms of PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome) in the deep south of Vermont. It's rain'n on the snow here tday.

Happy New Year everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Dec 29th, 2007, 8:43 am

Hey Charlie, I think you need to move south during the winter, that way PMS won't be so bad and you can unfreeze your brain a little bit.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #3 of 7 Old Dec 29th, 2007, 8:48 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieVT
I Recently placed an order for a service kit with Beemer BoneYard. They put together a collection of sparkplugs, and filters for what seems like a reasonable price.
I have to say their response time to my online order was very good. Seems like a good outfit there. Give 'em a try. I wonder if they supply valve buckets?

On another note:
So what kind of oil should I use? Is it too early to switch to synth?
DO NOT switch to synth before 18,000 miles, else the natural hormonal balance of the bike will be destroyed, and the bike will become Gay.
Quote:
Does it matter what color anti-freeze I put in there? What is everyone's favorite color antifreeze? Is it okay if my pets drink the old antifreeze? They seem to like it.
I would use blue, unless you switched to synth before 18K, then a mix of red and yellow to get a nice pink color to match the bikes new hormonal balance would be nice. I would not let your pets drink it, however the neighbor's barking dog probably needs the vitamins.
Quote:
How do I drain the transmission ?
Pull the fill plug and lay the bike on it's right side over a large, deep, baking pan.
Quote:
Is there a way to tell if my final drive is going to fail?
It is not if, it is when. The if is easy, the when more difficult.
Quote:
While I am changing all these fluids, should I change the air in my tires too?
Yes, it MUST be changed to Nitrogen! If you use plain air, the tire will rot out from the inside, and the air will leak out, especially at high speed.
Quote:
Is there any information about the oil level site glass on this sight?
Well, I see you have a good grasp of where to use the two words properly.
Quote:
And what is the recommended procedure for braking in new break pads?
See above answer
Quote:
I am thinking of switching to a Harley. Are they better bikes? I hear they can go faster, are more reliable, and are easier to work on.
Yes, it is well known that the larger number of owners speaks volumes about the masses capability of reasoning.
Quote:

Oh, never mind...
Sufferin symptoms of PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome) in the deep south of Vermont. It's rain'n on the snow here tday.
It is no match for NMS!
Quote:

Happy New Year everyone!
Now just what did you mean by that? Should we take the opposite meaning? Oh, you did say never mind, so never mind.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.

post #4 of 7 Old Dec 29th, 2007, 9:28 am

Charlie, if you hold your lips in a kind of a lopsided, sneering, smile during the service everythang will work out just fine.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #5 of 7 Old Dec 29th, 2007, 9:18 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Charlie, if you hold your lips in a kind of a lopsided, sneering, smile during the service everythang will work out just fine.
Yes but..... you forgot to tell him to hop on his left foot counter clockwise while chanting the preamble to the BMW code of honor

Stevie Shreeve
post #6 of 7 Old Dec 29th, 2007, 11:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn
Yes but..... you forgot to tell him to hop on his left foot counter clockwise while chanting the preamble to the BMW code of honor
I don't think Charlie uses a hammer like you and me.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #7 of 7 Old Dec 30th, 2007, 6:26 pm

Quote:
I Recently placed an order for a service kit with Beemer BoneYard...
I had a pleasure to meet the operators in person. Good guys, two brothers working out of their garage. Got the service kit for my GS, plus brake pads for the LT. As Charlie says, highly recommended!

Quote:
...While I am changing all these fluids, should I change the air in my tires too?
Don't laugh, may years ago I worked with a practical joker who actually did convince the new guy that air in his car's tires had to be changed. The kid let all 4 tires down - then realized that he had no pump!

Quote:
Sufferin symptoms of PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome) in the deep south of Vermont.
You too? It's an epidemic... Can't wait for spring myself...

Happy riding in the New Year!

Robert in Northern NJ

'09 R12GS, '08 R12RT, '03 R1150RT, '01 F650GS - time to thin the herd?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in