Pms Relief - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Dec 24th, 2007, 9:58 am Thread Starter

Smile Pms Relief

I read a post that spoke about that dreaded symptom called Parked Motorcycle Syndrome and realized I was experiencing it in a most acute manner until Saturday afternoon here in Southern Indiana. I'm happy to report a total cure after the first day of winter offered up 65 and sunshine here in the Louisville KY area. I and my Beemer Babe went on a nice ride 100 mile ride through some of the best riding area here in the southern part of Indiana had lunch at the Overlook Restaurant in Leavenworth IN then headed toward Marengo and other small towns before it got dark. I'll take winter days like that anytime ,Christmas Day is going to be 50 and sunshine so another dose to ward off PMS will be taken then also. Blessing to all may the Lord keep you safe in your journey down the next lane of beauty you travel with your SO or friend and riding buddies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Dec 24th, 2007, 10:05 am

Up here in Minnesota it is 10 with a brand new 4 inches of snow. I hate you and all southern riders. Ride safe and enjoy, I'll be back out in early April.

Tim Reed
02 Toscana Green "The Toad"
post #3 of 6 Old Dec 24th, 2007, 12:08 pm
KIC

Hey...I represent that remark ! It's a hard life riding year round. Your maintenance costs increase, tire wear etc.

Do you know how hard it is to decide on CHRISTmas Eve Day whether to ride the bike in the miserable 60 degree, clear blue, non-windy skies ?

Do you realize the agonizing pain of kicking back while cruising down the street, dodging snowbirds while listening to Jimmy Buffett's CHRISTmas Island or Manhiem Steamroller's CHRISTmas CD's?

Well let me tell you how bad it is....it is....well.....hummmm...guess it isn't bad at all !!!

OK...enough of the "rubbin' it in"..or maybe not..

But anyway....MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU... where ever that may be !

P.S. Ironically, my wife noticed that my Tahoe was also an LT designated as LT Auto Ride. Telling me it is the "Auto Ride" will keep me from getting confused on which one is the SUV and which one is the Light Truck .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BEAMER CHRISTmas.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	15750   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tahoe LT.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	15751  

PROUD FATHER OF A MILITARY DAUGHTER !.
She's for sale
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOLD 7-19-08 [url]

There are those who ride BMW's.. and those who wish they did.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ron's R11/1 Vergasser's - 1st Wingman

Sophmore : BMWLT - University of Luxury Touring Education

2000 K1200LTC Champagne SOLD 7-08
2006 KLR 650 - RED- The fast dual sport color !
2002 TW 200 - White/Blue - #1,The wife's CRF replacement.
2002 TW 200 - WhiteBlue - #2, My matching toy
2001 XT 225 - White/Blue - Sold 7/08
92 K75S Red and fast (sadly gone)

Yamaha YZ 250 for the dirt ( still good use for a smokin' 2-stroke !) In critical care 4/08
Honda CRF 230F - Wifey's dirt fun. (Sold)
Many Honda 750 F's (May they Rest In Peace)

post #4 of 6 Old Dec 24th, 2007, 12:15 pm

I even got my bike out for a few hours Saturday evening. The lane was finally about melted alowing me to get to the road. If I wasn't busy today working I would be out again today. Maybe it won't snow so I can get out a little tomarrow. I don't think I have ever been able to ride this late in the year.

Neil '00 K1200LT '08 KLR
"Far away, is far away...
Only if you don't go!!!"
post #5 of 6 Old Dec 24th, 2007, 1:20 pm
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Got out for 75 today. Thunderstorms and rain yesterday here in Pennsatucky cleared the streets, 45, and a nice sunny ride.

Life is good

Will use it to commute tomorrow for Christmas, will get another 100 in

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic (Sold)
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 (Sold)
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Totaled 2010)
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959
post #6 of 6 Old Dec 24th, 2007, 2:58 pm

Garage
Wink

It was 36 degrees this morning when I left my house.

Belstaff jacket with a sweatshirt
BMW Electric Vest
Tecknic Sirocco Pants

Very nice and toasty on my bakery run. I even picked up an extra long loaf of Italian bread that I strapped to the seat.

All total = 122 miles!

White Christmas- Bah Humbug! Global Warming rocks!

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in