Help - 05 lt - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Dec 16th, 2007, 11:06 pm Thread Starter

Smile Help - 05 lt

Two questions, one.. my battery got low since I haven't started it in about 6- 8 weeks. charged it this morning and now it won't start? Everything powers up, but it is acting like the side stand is down. Nothing happens when the ignition is pressed. How does one check the kill switch on the side stand?
My second question is the automatic locks work, but the glove box one is stuck locked. has anyone had to solve that problem? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Dec 16th, 2007, 11:29 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryneil
Two questions, one.. my battery got low since I haven't started it in about 6- 8 weeks. charged it this morning and now it won't start? Everything powers up, but it is acting like the side stand is down. Nothing happens when the ignition is pressed. How does one check the kill switch on the side stand?
My second question is the automatic locks work, but the glove box one is stuck locked. has anyone had to solve that problem? thanks
Sounds like your alarm auto-armed.

The glove box lock has been known to stick. Might need a trip to the dealer for that one...

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old Dec 17th, 2007, 12:37 am Thread Starter

Tryed the alarm and locks and it doesn't seem to help with getting ignition or any starter activity??

post #4 of 10 Old Dec 17th, 2007, 12:58 am
Super Moderator

Are you sure the bike is in neutral? I know, obvious question, but sometimes we miss those.

AS for the glove box, yes, they do. It happened to me and the dealer hd to short the connection to get it unlocked. Got it replaced under warranty.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old Dec 17th, 2007, 7:54 am

If you push down on the unlock/lock button for the lid at the same time you push the unlock button on your FOB it will sometimes unlock the lid.
post #6 of 10 Old Dec 17th, 2007, 8:48 am
Cooler on the east coast!!!

Sorry to hear about your problems. I had trouble after my battery go low and could not start my bike but nothing worked after charging the batttery. I had to get the alarm reprogramed. Sorry can not be of any help.
Good luck.

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #7 of 10 Old Dec 17th, 2007, 9:18 am

I haven't messed with my battery on my 05.

One of the stupid things I did was accidently hit the the handle bar kill switch. Took me 5 or 10 minutes.

Go through the simple stuff first.

You said the locks open and close, does the alarm work? Can you get it to arm, sound the alarm, then clear? If so, I'd assume it works fine.

Check reverse as well.

Joe

2005 KLT "Old Blue"

Bruno the "Bugg"

Democracy will only exist until 51% of the population believes they can live off the other 49% .
post #8 of 10 Old Dec 17th, 2007, 3:58 pm

I believe that if the battery is below 80% of capasity it will fire everything up but refuse to start. Happened to me after I forgot to switch the GPS off. A small push start and it worked.

I have now bought that darn expensive BMW Battery Tender and the bikes takes turns on it every 5 days.

A bad day on the bike beats a good day in the office.
post #9 of 10 Old Dec 17th, 2007, 6:20 pm

Before you haul her down to the dealer, try to disconnect the positive leads to battery for around ten minutes, it worked for me!

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #10 of 10 Old Dec 17th, 2007, 10:21 pm

BTW-
I haven't had an opportunity to ride in awhile (Howard may disagree )
so my dead LT took about 15 minutes on a standard (read cheap) charger and fired well..........it's an 05 and seems to suffer battery death-especially when me and my 2 yr old grandson play on it w/some power initialized!!!!!

MORAL......don't be a stupid papa and guide them from their Dad's HD by showing them all the cool stuff on our Beemers!!!!!!!

Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in