Newbie 2008 LT Bluetooth Phone issues - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 8:54 pm Thread Starter

Newbie 2008 LT Bluetooth Phone issues

Have a question...just bought new headsets for my new LT. These were installed by the dealer and are hard wired to the communcation system. I also have the Motorrad III nav and it seems to link up with my bluetooth phone. The problem is I can hear when I'm receiving a call but I can't pickup (the answer key is grayed out)?? Does the Nav only work with bluetooth headsets? Thanks for the help!!
MRod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Nov 5th, 2007, 1:09 pm Thread Starter

Answering my own thread!!!

The answer is yes, only with Bluetooth headsets...has anyone figured out a workaround? This is really bugging me!!
Thanks,
J7
post #3 of 7 Old Nov 5th, 2007, 1:37 pm

Well, my Navigator III lets me answer the call and I can hear the caller, but they can't hear me. So, I'm not sure the headset is required, but it still doesn't quite work as advertised.

Cheers,
DaleB

2007 K1200LT

post #4 of 7 Old Nov 6th, 2007, 10:48 am Thread Starter

Nav Issues

Understood, these are the details the dealer chose not to share with us about the Nav... So close, yet so far...Oh well, maybe sometime in the future this'll be resolved. Probably in a NavIV rollout
MRod
post #5 of 7 Old Nov 6th, 2007, 12:41 pm

Yes You Need A Mic

If the phone is setup to link then it should connect to the nav when it is turned on. I have a Garmin zumo and my LG phone works well but my Motorola phone will not stay connected. You may need to try several phones to find one that works well.
post #6 of 7 Old Nov 7th, 2007, 6:24 am

The problem is more with the NAV III GPS unit. The GPS is not designed to run the voice to the COMM unit. You can bluetooth you phone to the GPS and it will work in the sense when your phone gets an incoming call it lets you know on the GPS screen. However the software and circuitry within the GPS unit does not allow for voice output communications from the the headset thru the COMM to the GPS to the phone. This information was provided to me by Garmin. You must have a bluetooth device to connect the GPS to the COMM unit. An automotive hands free device like the Motorola HF-820 will work. You connect it via cable to the input of your COMM unit and bluetooth link it to the GPS. Then bluetooth your GPS to your Cell phone and all will work pretty good. When you receive an incoming call the caller ID will come up on your GPS unit. If you want to make a phone call you can even call up your call list from your phone on the screen of your GPS. However if your phone DOES NOT ring thru the headset in normal operations it will not ring or give an indication other than the GPS screen when you get an incoming call. If you have it all hooks up and working and your music stops... wait about 5 seconds and say "Hello!"
I use a Motorola Razor phone with a Motorola HF-820 hands free and bluetooth link both to the Motorrad NAV III GPS. When i see an incoming call on the GPS I just press answer call on the GPS screen or you can send it to voicemail...(best option lol)

Mike
06 K1200 LT
01 Corvette Conv (RED)
BMWMOA # 128948
IBA #19196
post #7 of 7 Old Nov 8th, 2007, 8:14 am Thread Starter

Bluetooth Issues

Thanks for the info Mike, I had a question though...does it matter what input I use on the comm. system? phone, CB input or does it matter? I'm using the aux for my IPOD. I'm definitely going to try this!!
Thanks Again!!
MRod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in