Rick Mayer Seats - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Oct 31st, 2007, 11:22 pm Thread Starter

Rick Mayer Seats

The following text is displayed on Rick Mayer's web site:

"If you and a friend order together get one seat half off! Discounted seat to be of equal or lesser value."

You should be aware that this discount only applies to a "basic" seat cost. This means that the amount used to compute the discount does not include the extra amount required to obtain leather versus vinyl ($200). It also doesn't include the amount that we pay extra for the K1200LT seat since it's a little more complex than a basic seat.

The discount is still better than the regular 10% discount that is offered but the text on the web site is a little misleading relative to the interpretation that several of us had when we ordered our seats. Just wanted to pass this along for future reference in case this kind of offer is utilized again by Rick. I ordered a seat with a friend from this forum and several others ordered seats and I'm sure we're all anxious to try the new level of comfort that we hope to achieve.

Tim

2007 BMW R1200RT - Silver
Safari-pegs, Bakup Backrest, Zumo 550, Ztechnik windshield
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Nov 1st, 2007, 10:17 am

When I spoke with Tessa at Rick's store we went over the pricing and she didn't correct my assumption that the 25% discount was for the leather set...

We'll see if I get a call today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbuyer
The following text is displayed on Rick Mayer's web site:

"If you and a friend order together get one seat half off! Discounted seat to be of equal or lesser value."

You should be aware that this discount only applies to a "basic" seat cost. This means that the amount used to compute the discount does not include the extra amount required to obtain leather versus vinyl ($200). It also doesn't include the amount that we pay extra for the K1200LT seat since it's a little more complex than a basic seat.

The discount is still better than the regular 10% discount that is offered but the text on the web site is a little misleading relative to the interpretation that several of us had when we ordered our seats. Just wanted to pass this along for future reference in case this kind of offer is utilized again by Rick. I ordered a seat with a friend from this forum and several others ordered seats and I'm sure we're all anxious to try the new level of comfort that we hope to achieve.

Tim

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old Nov 1st, 2007, 4:38 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the note. Please post any updates on this topic since it makes a difference to several other members that are currently buying seats with the 1/2 off discount option. I received a voicemail from Rick recently and he said that they only discount the "basic" cost since they don't have any profit built into the leather option. Sounds like I should speak with Tessa and let her handle the discount amount...

Thanks,
Tim

post #4 of 7 Old Nov 1st, 2007, 5:25 pm

I also got a call from Rick this week informing me that the discount for the second seat was off the basic (vinyl) seat also.
post #5 of 7 Old Nov 1st, 2007, 6:11 pm

I ordered with Gilles.

I'd have to talk to Gilles about what to do.

There's no fine print on the web site. There's no way to read other than - buy a seat, get the other for half off. There's no fine print or qualifiers.

You send the money then he changes the deal? That's not cool. If he made a mistake he should honor the offer. This took a lot of coordination and time to set this up with a buddy.

Does he want to lose $1,200 worth of business (from TWO customers) and good will on this site for his $54 (total) mistake?

For those of you who got the call from Rick, what was the end result?

mike p

mike p
2005 BMW K1200LT (got it in July 2007)
2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R (parked next to the LT)
1982 Suzuki GS-750EZ (paid $500
for it in 1985, sold it for $450 in 2000)
1978 Honda CB-500F (sold in 1980)
1976 Honda CB-400F (drowned to
death in the blizzard of 1978 in Boston)
post #6 of 7 Old Nov 1st, 2007, 6:59 pm

Many of us in NorCal have been doing business with Rick for years, I don't belive he would purposely mislead anyone. I saw the offer and believe it did state the basic seat - options at regular price.
The ad has been extended for November in a family theme so I can not review last months add. But I can tell you I have had three different seats made and Rick has adjusted the seats for me when ever I asked and he has replaced any flaws. My experience has been great with Rick and the products outstanding.

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
post #7 of 7 Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 9:08 am Thread Starter

I spoke to his daughter, Tessa, yesterday. She also stated that the offer would only apply to the "basic" seat cost. The original offer on the web site did not specify that the discount only applied to the basic cost (see my original post in this thread) and that's what has caused all the confusion and perception of Rick changing the rules for his offer. They updated the web site recently with the additional information and I would assume that's because of all the questions they've received.

I told Tessa about the conversations regarding this issue on this web site and wanted to let her know this was not a concern by only one or two individuals. She apologized and was grateful for all the orders that this forum has provided for them. Even though I would certainly like to receive the discount on the full cost of the seat, I am still going to continue with my order and accept the discount based on the basic cost of the seat. It's still a much better discount than the regular 10% discount that is offered.

However, if anybody convince Rick to discount the perceived amount from his original offer please let everyone else know.

Tim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in