Need '05 or '06 owners in San Antonio - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Nov 29th, 2005, 3:53 pm Thread Starter

Need '05 or '06 owners in San Antonio

Expel products is located in your fair city, and as you may know makes a film headlight protector for '99-'04 LT's. They haven't yet done so for the '05 and '06, though, so I emailed them and asked if they were going to. This is their reply:
Mr. Degnan,

We will produce a headlight kit for the BMW K1200 LT motorcycle. Our BMW Motorcycle dealership is fairly small in San Antonio and it can be hit and miss on all models. I will make an effort to capture a design by the end of the week and will follow up with another email to let you know our progress.
Will Brunner
XPEL Technologies Corp.
Toll Free: (800) 447-7928
Cell: (210) 825-6967FOR THE ROAD THAT LIES AHEAD

Now, I'm not sure about the part about having a small dealer in San Antonio who may not always have LT's in stock, but perhaps one of you would like to give Mr. Brunner a call and volunteer your '05 or '06 for him to measure so he can make the kit. I used it on my 2000, and was very happy with it.

I need one for my new '06, so one of you get down there and give Mr. Brunner a hand!

Pretty please?

Phil Degnan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Nov 29th, 2005, 4:04 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Don't do it. The 05 and 06 headlights are not glass. They are plastic. Keith in UK did this and the lens cracked due to heat build up. Figure $300 to replace the headlight assembly.

The old site (archives) has the details.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #3 of 3 Old Nov 29th, 2005, 7:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffyK
Don't do it. The 05 and 06 headlights are not glass. They are plastic. Keith in UK did this and the lens cracked due to heat build up. Figure $300 to replace the headlight assembly.

OUCH. I'll take your word for it.

Dave ('06, _IN_ SAN ANTONIO)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in