Print 2005 Manual From CD - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Nov 28th, 2005, 10:56 pm Thread Starter

Question Print 2005 Manual From CD

I have the service manual on CD for the 2005LT. Would like to print the whole thing and keep it in a binder on my work bench. I am not able to find the trick in printing it, only sections at a time. I had the older manual and had no problem printing it. Can some one give me a clue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Nov 29th, 2005, 12:08 am

First of all, make sure you have the latest version (7.x) of Adobe Acrobat. Then all you need to do is open the document, close the left side of Acrobat (the 'Bookmarks' section...there's an X at the top), then you should be able to print all 400-some pages at one time.

Having said all that, I really think you should just take the CD down to Kinko's and have them print it, and bind it for you. Call them up for a quote. I think you'll be surprised how cheap it is. Especially once you factor in the real costs of you doing it yourself. Your time, ink cartridges, paper, etc... And it won't be done at the level they will do it (i.e. double-sided printing, bound, ink quality, etc...). Just some food for thought.

HTH
post #3 of 7 Old Nov 29th, 2005, 12:11 am
Gene

Can' Print

Try this link. Some PDF documents won't allow you to print them unless you have the whole Adobe program installed.

http://www.scottelkin.com/archive/2005/05/19/570.aspx

Gene

post #4 of 7 Old Nov 29th, 2005, 2:06 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

I don't believe the 05 manual is just a pdf. It looks more like the IETMs (Integrated Electronic Technical Manuals) the Military uses. It took me three hours to copy it all to the hard drive out in the shop. Thought I was doing a manual windows XP install, folder by folder.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old Nov 29th, 2005, 11:45 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
First of all, make sure you have the latest version (7.x) of Adobe Acrobat. Then all you need to do is open the document, close the left side of Acrobat (the 'Bookmarks' section...there's an X at the top), then you should be able to print all 400-some pages at one time.

Having said all that, I really think you should just take the CD down to Kinko's and have them print it, and bind it for you. Call them up for a quote. I think you'll be surprised how cheap it is. Especially once you factor in the real costs of you doing it yourself. Your time, ink cartridges, paper, etc... And it won't be done at the level they will do it (i.e. double-sided printing, bound, ink quality, etc...). Just some food for thought.

HTH
Hi Joe,
Tried what you suggested. However which file? Could not find a "manual" file anywhere on the Disk. Gave up on that and went down to the local Kinko; they could not print it either. ?????????
Ron
post #6 of 7 Old Nov 30th, 2005, 1:02 am

Unhappy

Ron, It seems as though the genius minds at BMW found it necessary to change the format of the new CDs (post '04). Sounds like you may be stuck printing a section at a time. Sorry I'm not much help.
post #7 of 7 Old Nov 30th, 2005, 1:26 am

Wink Printing Service Manual

I took a COPY! of the disc to Office Depot. They made me a great Black and white 2 sided hole punched copy on heavy stock. I bought a 2 " 3 ring binder when I went to pick it up and have a printed copy. If I remember right it cost me about $40.00 including the binder.

Dave Lancello
Indianapolis Indiana
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
2003 K1200LTE
2006 Harley Street Rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in