Help finding dealers in Germany - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Oct 19th, 2007, 9:40 am Thread Starter

Help finding dealers in Germany

I will be traveling to Munich in March of 2008 to take delivery of a BMW auto on the euro deliveryprogram.

How can I get a list of BMW motorcycle dealers in the Munich Germany area?

I would like to purchase the BMW helmet that is not offered in the US, I am considering the carbon fiber helmet but, it may be too costly.

Thank you for any information.

Ralph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Oct 19th, 2007, 10:02 am

They do not have a European Delivery option for US motorcycle models like they do cars (unless something has changed). You could run into problems importing a European one to the US.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.

Last edited by dshealey; Oct 19th, 2007 at 10:09 am.
post #3 of 7 Old Oct 19th, 2007, 10:12 am

In August, a BMW System 5 helmet listed for E450 or US$670 (dollar ain't doin so good over there). If you are sure their shape fits you properly, the Schuberth C2 is a great alternative at US$449. Just got one from Xtreme Supply (free shipping!). The BMW website does list German dealers (if you can read German).

Jim Taylor
Minneapolis
07 Black LT "Dancing Heart", 03 Quantum "Ice"
02 Black LTC "Raven" (RIP 8/26/06)
08 Can-Am Spyder (hers) (#731)

post #4 of 7 Old Oct 19th, 2007, 1:25 pm

Just there in September. The flagship store in Munich is BMW Motorrad Zentrum Munchen, and if you are taking the U-Bahn (subway) get off at Frankfurter Ring and the dealership is on the Northwest corner of the intersection. I tried on the System 5 helmet but it was not comfortable for me, so I didn't pay much attention to the price. If you decide to buy remember the VAT tax is included in the price (about 19%) and you can get a refund at a booth in the airport as you leave the country. The BMW store has a cafeteria on the main floor - the food is good and the price seems to be subsidized, so a decent spot for lunch with new motorcycles all around!!!

All current models are also available for rent. No bargain on price, but all of the bikes are virtually brand new and most are fitted with system bags. I rented a R1200GS on the weekend special (anytime Friday return Monday same time of day) for around $450 with 1000 km included and standard insurance coverage. As you can imagine the riding is great.

If you leave the BMW store and walk west on Frankfurter Ring about 3-4 blocks there is a store called POLO on the northeast corner of the intersection. It has an enormous selection of motorcycle clothing and accessories, most at fairly good prices (better than the prices at BMW anyways!!!!!).

Steve Collier
'05 KLT

Last edited by HammerStar; Oct 19th, 2007 at 1:35 pm.
post #5 of 7 Old Oct 19th, 2007, 1:30 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by divedolphin
I will be traveling to Munich in March of 2008 to take delivery of a BMW auto on the euro deliveryprogram.

How can I get a list of BMW motorcycle dealers in the Munich Germany area?

I would like to purchase the BMW helmet that is not offered in the US, I am considering the carbon fiber helmet but, it may be too costly.

Thank you for any information.

Ralph

That's cool that you can still do Euro delivery on the cars. Does it cost any extra? How long to do get to drive it around over there?

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old Oct 19th, 2007, 6:09 pm Thread Starter

Euro Delivery

Actually, with Euro delivery you save money. I saved about $7,500.00 on my car since BMW has a discounted price for euro delivery. BMW also pays for insurance and gives you temporary plates for as long as four (4) weeks. They just built a new delivery center in Munich which opened in the last few days.
Euro delivery is the way to go for their cars.

Here is a link to the BMW Welt website for Euro Delivery:

http://www.bmw-welt.com/web/portal/e...l/en/home.html
post #7 of 7 Old Oct 20th, 2007, 4:48 pm

Also try the stores at Balanstrasse/orlianstrasse

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerStar
Just there in September. The flagship store in Munich is BMW Motorrad Zentrum Munchen, and if you are taking the U-Bahn (subway) get off at Frankfurter Ring and the dealership is on the Northwest corner of the intersection. I tried on the System 5 helmet but it was not comfortable for me, so I didn't pay much attention to the price. If you decide to buy remember the VAT tax is included in the price (about 19%) and you can get a refund at a booth in the airport as you leave the country. The BMW store has a cafeteria on the main floor - the food is good and the price seems to be subsidized, so a decent spot for lunch with new motorcycles all around!!!

All current models are also available for rent. No bargain on price, but all of the bikes are virtually brand new and most are fitted with system bags. I rented a R1200GS on the weekend special (anytime Friday return Monday same time of day) for around $450 with 1000 km included and standard insurance coverage. As you can imagine the riding is great.

If you leave the BMW store and walk west on Frankfurter Ring about 3-4 blocks there is a store called POLO on the northeast corner of the intersection. It has an enormous selection of motorcycle clothing and accessories, most at fairly good prices (better than the prices at BMW anyways!!!!!).

Steve Collier
'05 KLT
A few good stores like POLO and some others with great prices on MC stuff.Have fun.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in