BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Help wanted: ID that windscreen

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  sparky_k1200lt 
#1 ·
Earlier this year I bought a few used windshields from another forum member. I've now had the opportunity to try my stock shield, 2 shorter BMW shields, and an 'unknown' (the seller did not remember the brand name). Well, the 'unknown' is by far my favorite, but is a bit taller than I like it. Even in the lowest position I get no wind buffeting my helmet like the BMW shields. However, I'd like it to go lower since I live 1½ miles down a gravel (usually mud) road/private drive and want to see every soft spot. I prefer to look over the shield. Yes, I know some of you have cut the bottom off to make a shield shorter but I'm confident I am lacking the skills to do that. I'm OK with a chainsaw or sledge hammer but could not do finish work to save my life.

Check out the attached photos - does this shield look familiar to anyone? There's no ID markings on it anywhere. I would like to find another one similar but shorter.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
info said:
Could be a Cee Bailey #2???
Nope! The CB only has a curb at the top, not to the sides. I do believe it is a parabellum.

#5 · (Edited)
Parabellum

There's no doubt in my mind, it's a parabellum. If you decided to cut it down, don't cut the top off, it will change the airflow and you may not be happy with it. You can order a new one in a shorter version from Parabellum.
If you decide not to use it and it's in good shape, I may be interested in buying it from you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.