Finally got my new Russell seat! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Oct 16th, 2007, 7:54 pm Thread Starter

Finally got my new Russell seat!

If only it would dry out a little in Minnesota so I can give my seat a good try out. Took it out in the rain because I couldn't wait, much better than my stock seat. I should have gotten custom seats on all of the bikes I've owned. Even the Mick O Pegs are more comfortable because they raised the seat up. I totally can't wait for it to dry out a bit. The backrest makes a HUGE difference in comfort. Definitely would recommend a custom seat, whichever company you get it from.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Oct 16th, 2007, 8:30 pm

Turn the heat on and it is always dry.

Manny
Where is the nearest Tims?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need to stay awake

post #3 of 6 Old Oct 16th, 2007, 9:20 pm

Oh let me know

I also live in Minnesota or is it London. Tomorrow is supposed to be dry so I'll ride.

Please let us know what you think of the Russell seat. Did you get leather, vinyl, or velour?

Steve

post #4 of 6 Old Oct 16th, 2007, 9:46 pm

pictures, man, pictures

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
post #5 of 6 Old Oct 17th, 2007, 5:12 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheinzer
I also live in Minnesota or is it London. Tomorrow is supposed to be dry so I'll ride.

Please let us know what you think of the Russell seat. Did you get leather, vinyl, or velour?

Steve
I got leather. rode around this afternoon. I think they did a great job on the seat. they raised it up a few inches which makes it a lot more comfortable in the riding position. Before I could put my whole foot flat on the ground, now it's just the balls of my feet. Now I'm worried that the windshield I got isn't high enough for the wife. I got a cee bailey shield a couple months ago, the wife loved it, but if they raised the height of her seat too, I may be selling the shield and getting a new one again. Live and learn I guess. I'll try to put pictures of my seat on here.
post #6 of 6 Old Oct 18th, 2007, 8:53 am

If you sell the windshield, let me know..
Also, what year is your LT? I have a 04 and the seat really seems o.k. (put 7K on this summer) But if it can be improved.....
It seems like the factory seats from the 05s & newer must be different from the 04s & older.
Waiting for pics.
Jeff

08 R1200GSA
04 K12LT (Sold)
97 R1100GS (Sold)
SS1000--IB # 32778

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in