Thanks to MikeERideWNC! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Oct 16th, 2007, 4:26 pm Thread Starter

Thanks to MikeERideWNC!

Just got back from an extended ride down to Western North Carolina. As I mend my right hand from blisters and numbness,(too many curves----NOT!), I wanted to extend many Thanks to MikeERideWNC for agreeing to hook up with some friends and I to show us many of the wonderful roads in his backyard. Mike didn't know us from Adam, with the exception of the posts on this great site. He, his SO ,(who rides the pants off an SV650), and a friend with a recently acquired Duc 1098 met up with us this past Saturday and spent their whole day leading us around some of his stomping grounds.
I don't think Mike would mine me saying that he speaks his mind, however I can say without hesitation that he speaks the truth. He rides the tires off that LT! He rides a very quick pace, although not unsafe. He is in control at all times. I saw his tires at the end of the day. He does eat tires, strictly from the lean angles and railing the turns. I am not surprised he yields only a few thousand miles out of set. I thoroughly believe he can outride many, many sportbike riders on that bike.
Mike was patient with us, waited up as needed and showed us some excellent local food. It was the best road action our group had seen, 3 of the four of our group from home have quite a bit of roadracing history behind us, so we have a pretty good grasp on road skills and knowing where to draw the line concerning safety on the streets.
A few of my friends hadn't ridden the Tail of the Dragon, Mike set up the days ride to end there. He made a statement that the Dragon would be a bit anti-climatic in comparison to the other roads we road earlier in the day. He was right!
I know the internet contains many mistruths and bogus claims, but Mike is the real deal. Thanks again for a wonderful experience!
Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Oct 16th, 2007, 10:36 pm

I have been meaning to drop you an e-mail.

It is good to know that you got home safely.

As I let you know Saturday, it was my pleasure riding around with you guys on Saturday. It is actually rare to hook up with a group of riders that knows how to ride safely at a quick pace. Man! We were running a quick pace. I couldn't shake that 9RR.
I hope you all let me know when you come to visit again, so I can make plans.
I have several other routes up my sleeve as well. Since your stay is so local to the twisties, there is no bad direction to go.

Side Note:
I am always open to riding with out-of-towners, so if anyone on this site wants to hook up for I day of extreme canyon carving, don't hesitate to contact me.
Have a destination that you want to see in Western NC, and I will route out a very twisty indirect route to that location. Please avoid contacting me if there will be a trike or Harley in your group. They will not be able to hang.

[email protected]
I am located in Murphy. Murphy is probably the best centralized location for riding the four state mountain area. Murphy is one hour south of Deal's Gap, Cherohala and Fontana Village. It is one hour north of T.W.O. in Suches. Also it is a half an hour from Nantahala and Ocoee Rec. areas.
With killer roads like 60, 28, Wolf Pen Gap, Wayah Road and Yellow Creek there are days worth of good riding.

Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
_ Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it over?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in