Parabellum Windshield Opinions - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Oct 14th, 2007, 8:47 pm Thread Starter

Parabellum Windshield Opinions

I plan to replace my windshield soon and was wondering if anyone here has any experiece with parabellum windshields. I had one a few years back on an R69/S and really liked it. I haven't seen one on an LT, but they do make them for the LT. I'm hoping to get an opinion or two before I spend the money for something I'm not going to be happy with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Oct 14th, 2007, 9:12 pm

I'm happy with mine...

I replaced a BMW tall on my '06 with a Parabellum -2 and like it very much. The -2 is still a bit taller than the BMW shield due to the different shape. Getting a windshield with good visual clarity was my primary goal. The BMW windshield distorted the view when looking anywhere but straight ahead. The Parabellum is crystal clear.

Jim
'06LT - Magnesium Black Graphite (light black)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old Oct 15th, 2007, 2:50 pm

parabellum

i repaced my tall BMW shield with the same one as Jim and also got the vents...let me tell you, this baby is visually clear...zero side bendage as i call it...have had it for about 3000 miles and have been very happy...Mike

post #4 of 7 Old Oct 15th, 2007, 3:37 pm

I have two

I got one for the K75 and one for the LT.

It is very clear with no distortion. I got the plus 2 and am happy with it. Rode to CCR and back with no problems.
post #5 of 7 Old Oct 15th, 2007, 4:59 pm

Have one on my 2005 LT. Have ridden over 30K miles with it and loved every mile of it..
post #6 of 7 Old Oct 15th, 2007, 7:28 pm Thread Starter

Smile Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who posted their opinion. Your comments are right in line with my impression of the Parabellum that I had on my R69/S, it was the clearest windshield I've ever owned. They seem to resist scratches much better than the stock windshield also. Thanks to you guys my mind is made up, I'll order one.
Thanks again,
Jim
post #7 of 7 Old Oct 16th, 2007, 9:53 am

I think I'm with you. I am looking at one with the vents but I do not really know if I want the -2 or standard hight.
Anybody got one with the tent? How dark is it?

"BONES" <///><
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in