Which Cee Bailey is like a BMW Euro in height? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 9:33 pm Thread Starter

Which Cee Bailey is like a BMW Euro in height?

I have ridden behind BMW Euro shields for eight years and don't find much fault with them, but so many of you are really strong on Cee Bailey, I thought I'd ask.

I don't sit very tall on the bike, wear a FF helmet always, and enjoy looking over the shield. My Euro shield is full down 95% of the time.

I see many threads with measurements but in so many cases, it sounds like apples and oranges in the comparisons. (I sure wish I could go to a shop and do some hands-on comparisons.)

I want the contour of a CB, but don't want the shield to be any taller in the full down position. I'm thinking I should try a #2 in -2, -3, or -4 but sure would appreciate some input from some who have faced this choice. Grateful for any input.

Bob in Indy

K12LT Black "Elvira"
'76 R75/6 "Old Blue"
Knights of the Roundel #333
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 11:17 pm

Im thinking to change my windscreen too.

On the web pages of ceebaileys they say -3 in the same hight as the original 24" tall screen, which is the taller of the two models.
If you ride with screen down, I recomend that you get the #2 -3. One guy here in Finland whos 59" + tall uses this one and he looks over.

My problem is that I like to ride windshield up on clear days and look through. Only on rain and in the dark I look over it. I may get the #2 +2. Im 62" tall(191 centimeters).
post #3 of 6 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 11:20 pm

I am 5'9" and had the euro on mine when new. I switched to the CB #2 at -4" and in the full down I look over all the time which is where it stays most of the time. There is much less buffeting that the euro screen. The center of the screen is taller but I can look over with ease. Here is a pic, the screen is light grey.

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350

post #4 of 6 Old Oct 13th, 2007, 2:59 am

I've read quite a bit on this board about Cee Bailey windscreens. I bought a 2005 a couple of months ago that had one on it.

Here's what I've surmised:

I'm 5'10" tall. The windscreen was a #2 with wings, -2"

I can't see over it no matter what. So what I'm guessing is - HOW TALL YOU ARE DOESN'T MATTER!

Think about it. I've got a 34" inseam. At 5'10" So I've got really long legs and a short body. What I'm saying is, someone who is 5'10" and a 28" inseam is going to look way over the top of this thing.

Without your inseam measurement, your height makes no difference (unless someone can explain where my logic is faulty).

I live about 10 minutes from the Cee Bailey factory. I went over there with my current screen. I ended up buying the same thing in -4" Now I can see over it, but I still want it shorter. So next week, I'm going over there again to have one inch cut off of it. When I bought it, they told me if I wanted it shorter, bring it back and they'd cut it down an inch while I waited for no extra charge.

Just so's you know - these people are awesome. They spent a long time checking out my windshield and my desires, and scouring the factory to find something that would work, then making sure I liked it.

I ended up buying the screen and the trunk liner and trunk-top bag. All top quality.

I have no affiliation with these guys, I just have read about their reputation and live close by. The guys in the motorcycle department are motorcycle nuts. When I came out to the parking lot to get something off my bike, it was surrounded by the guys running the shop admiring my bike, talking about LT's and how they can improve them! Park a bike near these guys and they come around like flies to honey.

How cool is that.

Let me know what you think.

mike
post #5 of 6 Old Oct 13th, 2007, 8:44 am
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

As I have posted before I have a #2 -6". Schweintechnik did a lot of measuring on this and told me to go -6 or I would be cutting the bottom as others have.

I did not listen and went -4 and it was in my site line. Had the opportunity to go -6 and it is great.

I cant find his thread on this but measuring as only a crazed Engineer can, he proofed out the height measurements of Cee and Stock. Unfortunately I cant find his thread but it was dead on in my pratical experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiker
I've read quite a bit on this board about Cee Bailey windscreens. I bought a 2005 a couple of months ago that had one on it.

Here's what I've surmised:

I'm 5'10" tall. The windscreen was a #2 with wings, -2"

I can't see over it no matter what. So what I'm guessing is - HOW TALL YOU ARE DOESN'T MATTER!

Think about it. I've got a 34" inseam. At 5'10" So I've got really long legs and a short body. What I'm saying is, someone who is 5'10" and a 28" inseam is going to look way over the top of this thing.

Without your inseam measurement, your height makes no difference (unless someone can explain where my logic is faulty).

I live about 10 minutes from the Cee Bailey factory. I went over there with my current screen. I ended up buying the same thing in -4" Now I can see over it, but I still want it shorter. So next week, I'm going over there again to have one inch cut off of it. When I bought it, they told me if I wanted it shorter, bring it back and they'd cut it down an inch while I waited for no extra charge.

Just so's you know - these people are awesome. They spent a long time checking out my windshield and my desires, and scouring the factory to find something that would work, then making sure I liked it.

I ended up buying the screen and the trunk liner and trunk-top bag. All top quality.

I have no affiliation with these guys, I just have read about their reputation and live close by. The guys in the motorcycle department are motorcycle nuts. When I came out to the parking lot to get something off my bike, it was surrounded by the guys running the shop admiring my bike, talking about LT's and how they can improve them! Park a bike near these guys and they come around like flies to honey.

How cool is that.

Let me know what you think.

mike

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic (Sold)
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 (Sold)
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Totaled 2010)
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959

Last edited by LAF; Oct 13th, 2007 at 10:29 am.
post #6 of 6 Old Oct 13th, 2007, 12:10 pm Thread Starter

Helpful input. You guys are great!
dmatson - The pic was a big help. Sharp ride! I'm a Ft.Worth rack fan too.
LAF - I dug out the Schweintechnik post you mentioned. Helpful.

That said, I'm about ready to order a #2 -4 but then I see on the Cee Bailey website that they offer a "Euro Cut". Choices, choices....... How does their Euro Cut compare to a #2? Does it have the reverse contour at the top like a #2.

Anyone have CB Euro Cut pics? If the CB Euro Cut eliminates to rounded top, i.e., has a shorter center like the BMW Euro, I would like that.

I've sent an email to CB Sales asking for comparison info but would be grateful for user info and pics if anyone can help.

Thanks

Bob in Indy

K12LT Black "Elvira"
'76 R75/6 "Old Blue"
Knights of the Roundel #333

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in