Alright, Let's Talk About Underwear... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 11:00 am Thread Starter

Alright, Let's Talk About Underwear...

What kind(s) of skivvies do you wear for long distance rides? Hey, I'm desperate!

Despite more than 30 years of motorcycle riding, and an eagerness to try all things new and comfrotable, I have yet to find the perfect underwear for long motorcycle rides.

Some bunch up, some get soaking wet, some cut into the leg joint area, some seem to help microbes find a place to stay. Dang it!

I wore some padded bicycle shorts under my jeans on a motorcycle ride once. It felt like I was wearing a diaper, and I think people were watching my behind when I walked out of the gas station.

I've gone commando a few times, and it wasn't bad, buty my wife is mortified that if we have an accident and are taken to a hospital, the people in the ER will find out that I'm not wearing anything under my motorcycle pants. It's her Catholic upbringing, I'm pretty sure.

I actually tried runners tights once, and it felt like I was going to slide out of my jeans at every stop light.

I wore some Nike compression shorts once, the ones I wear under my workout shorts at the gym. They felt okay for a while, but they also compress everything, especially the things I least want compressed on a ride.

So what works for you?

Inside my 60 year old body is a 35 year old brain wondering what the hell happened.
2005 K1200LT
2005 Suzuki Burgman
BMWMOA #130574
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 11:03 am

Girlfriend prefers the edible kind. Seriously, get a sheepskin.

Reido
K1600GTL...Blue Metallic
USMC 1971-1975
Ham Radio Call: W0FVR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
--H.H. Humphrey
post #3 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 11:17 am

Have you tried those LD Comfort m/c underwear? I purchased a pair but, have not tried them yet.

Does anyone know if the sheepskin approach works when you wear riding suits such as an AeroStitch?

post #4 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 11:21 am

I have both the Aerostich and the LD Comfort underwear. Both work fine for LD riding. I like the LD Comfort slightly better, mostly because it has a fly opening. No seams on either to chafe or burn after a long sweaty day in the saddle. Both can be found on the internet.

Rango Springer
Dumas, TX
2000 K1200LTC Champagne
Livin' life in the fast lane on the high plains of West Texas!
post #5 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 11:27 am

LD is pretty darn good.. love the fly..

Also really like the Under Armor. They serve as a compression short/shirt and really help by the end of a day. Wore them for 10 days in Italy and loved them.

David Major
Charleston, SC
-2003 LT
-2007 GS Adventure. White
post #6 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 11:30 am

Compression shorts

What works for me....

The closest i've come to comfort for my 1000 mile days is compression shorts that wick. The LD Comfort shorts are good but other compression shorts made of wicking material are equally as good in my experience. I've tried different brands from Underarmour to the Wal-Mart generic brand.

The key for success.....compression shorts do need to fit well...not too tight, not too loose.

I also use a sheepskin buttpad but don't prefer it in heat. Whether wearing jeans or 'Stitch', it provides extra padding/cushion.

BeemerRiderBob
Dallas/Ft. Worth

'82 R100 Sidecar
'91 R100 GS BumbleBee
'93 R100 GS/PD
'02 K1200 LTC- KIA 09/04/07
'03 KTM 450 Exc (living in Colorado)
'08 R1200 GS Adventure (Joy)

Only 41% of the World Left to Visit!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 11:35 am

I get asked this question ALL the time and here is my answer:

Under Armour 0669.

Why?

1. It has light compression.

2. It does NOT have the dangerous elastic bands around the bottom like "LD underwear" that can cause deep vein thrombosis. (and this is not my imagination, but advice from the Surgeon General of the Navy - a well known LD rider)

3. It has a generously sized ventilated pouch that keeps your junk cool without squashing it too tight.

4. Designed for heat and moisture transport and lord knows it gets pretty damn hot and moist down there.

5. Chicks dig 'em!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Under Armour.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	14696  

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #8 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 11:46 am

Another thing to try is medicated powder like Gold Bond. Talc is not good. The medicated stuff works much better.

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

post #9 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 11:58 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsdad
Another thing to try is medicated powder like Gold Bond. Talc is not good. The medicated stuff works much better.
Absolutely. The "Anti Monkey Butt Powder" that is sold for an outrageous amount of money is talc with some calamine mixed in. What a crock...

Zeasorb AF powder costs the same but actually has active ingredents that will help to "calm" irritation. : 2% Miconazole Nitrate, Aldioxa, Carbohydrate Acrylic Copolymer, Chloroxylenol, Fragrance, Imidurea, Microporous Cellulose, Talc

The miconazole is an anti-fungal that helps to prevent jock itch and the microporous cellulose and acrylic copolymer allows it to absorb much more moisture than simple talc alone. Aldioxa is an anti-perspirant. Imidurea is anti-bacterial.

Yes, I got an A in chemistry in college.

Available usually only at drug stores.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Zeasorb.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	14697  

"Like Butt-ahh!"

Last edited by RonKMiller; Oct 12th, 2007 at 12:12 pm.
post #10 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 12:11 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

I have tried and liked the Bodz under wear as it has no seams at all. It just did not work well with my physique. Belly bigger than waist so I end up with a rolled up waist band (material was too thin). I fell in love with the LD comfort shorts - just be sure to get a large enough size so those bands at the legs are not an issue for constricting blood flow. They are a much thicker material but the waist band stays put and the fly is fantastic. 18 hour days in the saddle and you don't need the monkey butt powder!

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #11 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 12:39 pm

well...I'm sure this will get a response....but...............................
BMW underware (wicking and no seams) and anti monkey butt powder..........
I'v tried a lot of different brands including those designed to be wet in kayak..
BMW the best so far................

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure

post #12 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 1:32 pm

UA gets my vote!

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

post #13 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Non-cotton stuff from REI

I've been happy with boxer or boxer/briefs stuff from REI, which I originally got for backpacking. They're not cotton (that's key!), and don't have seams where it would matter. These aren't what I have, but seem to be the closest from the REI online catalog: SmartWool Microweight Boxer Briefs

When it's cold out I wear the same long underwear I use for snowboarding. Again, not cotton, and no seams at the butt/upper thigh area.

Another nice thing about the smartwool is you can hand wash it in a hotel room or campground bathroom and wear it again the next day -- it dries fast.

Really the only time I've appreciated cotton was riding across the mojave in the summer -- I soaked my Tshirt and opened my jacket and for about 30 minutes I felt cooler.
post #14 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 2:46 pm

I have LD and Under Armor. Either one is more comfortable than my day to day skivvies on a long ride, with or without a sheepskin. The LD is probably twice as expensive as the Under Armor but I couldn't say they were twice as comfortable. YMMV

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #15 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 3:02 pm

UA gets my vote!

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

post #16 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 3:15 pm

UA again here, top and bottom.

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350
post #17 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 3:17 pm
Gold Supporter

Get the Under Armor Heat Gear "LONG" Compression shorts. Don't get the short ones cause they have a seam where you don't want seams. The long ones are great and keep you cooler. I have put in a few 1200 mile days with them and had no problems.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #18 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 3:28 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDragon
I use Pro-Player Brand Underware from JC Penney.

I can attest to the dangers of the lower leg elastic bands in the LD briefs causing DVT.

I like these also, but they became really hard to find here for some reason - and they raised the price after they got some really good press from somewhere.

Lee Nowell
Black 01, LTC
BMWRA & MOA, AMA, IBA
post #19 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 3:39 pm

Real silk boxers is all that has worked for me - tried all the others listed above.

I do use UA trainers over the boxers for those times when disrobing in public. UA long and short sleeve T's work great for on top also.

I'm a skinny, boney assed guy - so ymmv.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #20 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 3:42 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller

Under Armour 0669.

Why?

2. It does NOT have the dangerous elastic bands around the bottom like "LD underwear" that can cause deep vein thrombosis. (and this is not my imagination, but advice from the Surgeon General of the Navy - a well known LD rider)

3. It has a generously sized ventilated pouch that keeps your junk cool without squashing it too tight.

4. Designed for heat and moisture transport and lord knows it gets pretty damn hot and moist down there.

5. Chicks dig 'em!
Ahhh, the Vented Performance Pouch!

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2005 Pyrenees of France & Spain
2006 Tuscany

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Northern & Central Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

2019 Maritime Provinces of Canada & New England 3,500 miles

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #21 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 6:21 pm
Lifetime Supporter

For long trip ,I like Winter Silks http://www.wintersilks.com/viewprodu...ilk+long+brief . They pack up small , & you only need a few pairs . One to wear one to spare , & one in the wash . You can wash them out in a sink at night . Hang them out , and there dry by the morning . , ....Patric ...

Patric Blackman
2002 K1200LT/Hannigan2+2
2010 R1200GSA ...1987 Helix...
AMA Charter Lifemember
37 Year Member of both BMWMOA & BMWRA

post #22 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 7:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patric
For long trip ,I like Winter Silks http://www.wintersilks.com/viewprodu...ilk+long+brief . They pack up small , & you only need a few pairs . One to wear one to spare , & one in the wash . You can wash them out in a sink at night . Hang them out , and there dry by the morning . , ....Patric ...
Wash???? Damn! I never thought of that. I just turn 'em inside out. As often as needed.

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

post #23 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 9:38 pm

Quote:
Wash???? Damn! I never thought of that. I just turn 'em inside out. As often as needed.
No, no NO! You do not have to turn'em inside out if you change'em every day. I change with you, you change with him, and he changes with me. Thay way we all have a new pair on!!!

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #24 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 9:38 pm

Quote:
EWWWwwwww.

I usually just change mine - with someone else!

Well, since we're talkin' underwear I could not resist throwing this in:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Brief safe.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	14700  

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #25 of 46 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 10:17 pm

Under Armor

Under Armor briefs. Took me to Alaska and back. I also use them for work.

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
Contact me 4 motor training 1&1
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (Contact me)
post #26 of 46 Old Oct 13th, 2007, 3:37 am

To start with, the "Brief Safe" has got tears rolling down my cheeks - and I can't even smell 'em!

That's the funniest/most disgusting thing I've seen in my life! I'll have to get me a set!!!!

Now back to the topic:

Ex-Officio Give N Go tee shirt and Give N Go boxer briefs.

Bought them to travel to Costa Rica in for 2 weeks in 2005, wore 'em in Italy for 3 weeks in 2006 (including 4 days down the Amalfi coast on a rented Duc ST3).

In 2007, Motorcycle Consumer News rated the T-Shirt as the top pick of all tested T-Shirts.

Wore 'em on my swing around the Southwest last week.

NEVER been uncomfortable.

Anti-bacterial, weigh about an ounce, wick away moisture, breathable, easy to wash, dried in about an hour - except in Costa Rica where they dried in about 24 hours (95% humidity).

I brought two pairs of each and washed them every day or so - next time I'll bring three briefs and three T-Shirts. They just DON'T take up any space!

Did come across a 45 year old woman riding a big Harley around the southwest for 10 days, and she swore by her Under Armor. Never heard of it until she told me. I've got to get me some and try 'em out.

My $ .02

mike
post #27 of 46 Old Oct 13th, 2007, 5:55 am

Quote:
Miconazole Nitrate,

The miconazole is an anti-fungal
Also the main ingredient in those creams your wife/girlfriend uses in her personal parts for thrush ....
post #28 of 46 Old Oct 13th, 2007, 9:13 am
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

I have been wearing Long Silks from Sierra Trading Post. They have the greatest selection of Long Johns I have seen and CHEAP. I have some expedition weight long johns also but day to day in winter it is the silks, Ex Officio or Wickers. Take a look at their site. I have a couple different types but as I said day to day the silk allows me to work inside without changing after I get there.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/d/1...Baselayer.html

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic (Sold)
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 (Sold)
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Totaled 2010)
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959
post #29 of 46 Old Oct 13th, 2007, 9:36 am

All LD drawers should be brown, it is in the IBR handbook (I made that up)

If you have ever sat in a port-a-john after a 1200 mile day and cut your skivies off with your knife, you know exactly what I mean.

Rock

I'll will poisons the soul
Living well is the best revenge

Rock

post #30 of 46 Old Oct 13th, 2007, 10:42 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbeemer
Also the main ingredient in those creams your wife/girlfriend uses in her personal parts for thrush ....

I've checked under the bonnet in my lorrie, but darned if I can find the thrush!

Time for a new girlfriend.

I'll keep the wife.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #31 of 46 Old Oct 13th, 2007, 12:40 pm

Quote:
I've checked under the bonnet in my lorrie, but darned if I can find the thrush!

Time for a new girlfriend.

I'll keep the wife.
Thrush is an infection of the mouth caused by the candida fungus, also known as yeast. Candida infection is not limited to the mouth; it can occur in other parts of the body as well, causing diaper rash in infants or vaginal yeast infections in women.

Thrush can affect anyone, though it occurs most often in babies and toddlers, older adults, and people with weakened immune systems.

Have fun with this one now.
post #32 of 46 Old Oct 13th, 2007, 9:55 pm

REI Polypropolene (sp?) light weight. Pretty good for most of the riding I do. Sometimes I'd like Expedition weight. Normally, I also wear a pair of Frank Thomas Riding Pants when it's cold (27 - 39 degrees F on my outside airtemp gage.) Up-top, I also use my Gerbings full liner when it gets really cold. Hope this helps.

Bruce

BMW MOA# 130127
IBA# 49203
MSF RiderCoach
USN (Retired)

'13 R1200GSA (Magma Red)

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of All Who Threaten It."

post #33 of 46 Old Oct 14th, 2007, 8:34 am

Ride naked.

2000 K1200LT
1981 Honda CBX ( kind of for sale)
post #34 of 46 Old Oct 14th, 2007, 9:01 am

Riding Undies

I never ride without my barbed wire thong...............

2006 R1200RT
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue
2003 K1200LTE Black
Totaled Oct 2, 2010
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000
Most of us would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.
post #35 of 46 Old Oct 14th, 2007, 10:06 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRock
All LD drawers should be brown, it is in the IBR handbook (I made that up)

If you have ever sat in a port-a-john after a 1200 mile day and cut your skivies off with your knife, you know exactly what I mean.

Rock
Uncle Rock, Definitely TMI !

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2005 Pyrenees of France & Spain
2006 Tuscany

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Northern & Central Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

2019 Maritime Provinces of Canada & New England 3,500 miles

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #36 of 46 Old Oct 14th, 2007, 10:45 am

Quote:
EWWWwwwww.

I usually just change mine - with someone else!

Well, since we're talkin' underwear I could not resist throwing this in:
I knew at the outset this thread was gonna get sticky and stinky!!!!!!!

Reido
K1600GTL...Blue Metallic
USMC 1971-1975
Ham Radio Call: W0FVR

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
--H.H. Humphrey
post #37 of 46 Old Oct 14th, 2007, 12:13 pm

Micro-fleese boxers, under full length compression long johns.
Top quality talc.
Should last 2 weeks with care.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

post #38 of 46 Old Oct 14th, 2007, 1:12 pm

Ok everybody, I've been trying lots of "non cotton" products for many years. One of the best that I've found is Terramar products. www.terramarsports.com. Look in the "body sensors category and then look for "essentials".

Also try www.wickers.com, made in the USA. That means a lot these days. Merino wool products are very nice but they're pricey. www.smartwool.com makes really great socks for almost any sport you can think of. Those of us that wear body armor to work everyday have been using this stuff for a long time. Check some of the police supply sites like, www.qmuniforms.com, www.uscav.com, www.elbeco.com, www.chiefsupply.com, www.amazingsocks.com there you should find products from wigwam, duofold, under armor etc..just look for any product that wicks.

Last but not least, try a beaded seat cover. Best inexpensive upgrade to any seat. www.beadrider.com.

Good luck,

Brian
post #39 of 46 Old Oct 15th, 2007, 4:29 am

I don't wear underwear. TMI I know...
post #40 of 46 Old Oct 15th, 2007, 5:50 am

Smile I second the motion

I wear under armour every day and it is great for LD rides. No seams to bother you. works great with the any riding gear.

Quote:

Under Armour 0669.

Why?

5. Chicks dig 'em!

looking around for a possible replacement

2001 K1200 LTC Mauve (Hi-Way Star) may she rest in peace!

CCR'2001 Hotsprings, AR., Sante Fe, NM., Gatlinberg, TN.
Breckinridge, CO., Grand Teton Nat. Prk, WY.
Chateau Elan, GA., Tan-a-Tar-A missed it!
post #41 of 46 Old Oct 15th, 2007, 8:58 am

Yes I do wear underwear when riding

Manny
Where is the nearest Tims?

Need to stay awake

post #42 of 46 Old Oct 15th, 2007, 11:26 am
Lifetime Supporter

Travel boxers from Exofficio. A pair to wear...a pair to spare.

Life happens...you control your reaction.

2018 Honda CRF250L Rally (fun in the woods)
2015 R1200 RT (holy cow…what a bike)
2007 K1200 LT (sold)
2005 DR 650 (sold)
2002 Harley Ultra (sold)
1999 Harley Road King (sold)
1996 K1100 LT (sold)
1990 Honda Shadow (sold)
1978-1993 Raising Kids; Paying Mortgages
1975 Honda CB550 (sold but wish I still had)
Homemade Motor Bike (mounted a 3.5 HP Briggs & Stratton on my bicycle at age 12)
post #43 of 46 Old Oct 15th, 2007, 12:51 pm

Eat my Shorts!

When tackling a long distance trip I don a pair of my cycling shorts under my normal rider gear. Cycling shorts al-la Lance Armstrong cycling are made with a synthetic chamois liner that is very comfotable. Imagine sitting on a bicycle saddle for a few hours. It's the cycling shorts that give comfort. So I wear them on long rides - fantastic! Go to a pro cycle shop and buy a pair of these. Besides being comfy, your SO will comment on how sexy your ass looks in these lycra shorts!

I would rather be riding my bike and thinking about God than sitting in Church thinking about my bike!

Regards
Allen
post #44 of 46 Old Oct 15th, 2007, 3:40 pm
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

As I posted almost all these items including socks can be found at Sierra Trading Post for a fraction of the cost.

Not affiliated in any way, just know value when I see it.

Besides I am saving up for my FD failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-NC
Ok everybody, I've been trying lots of "non cotton" products for many years. One of the best that I've found is Terramar products. www.terramarsports.com. Look in the "body sensors category and then look for "essentials".

Also try www.wickers.com, made in the USA. That means a lot these days. Merino wool products are very nice but they're pricey. www.smartwool.com makes really great socks for almost any sport you can think of. Those of us that wear body armor to work everyday have been using this stuff for a long time. Check some of the police supply sites like, www.qmuniforms.com, www.uscav.com, www.elbeco.com, www.chiefsupply.com, www.amazingsocks.com there you should find products from wigwam, duofold, under armor etc..just look for any product that wicks.

Last but not least, try a beaded seat cover. Best inexpensive upgrade to any seat. www.beadrider.com.

Good luck,

Brian

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
BMW MOA #135959
post #45 of 46 Old Oct 15th, 2007, 6:22 pm

Lee, You're right to shop at Sierra Trading Post. My only problem is that a lot of times, they don't have the sizes I'm looking for. If you hit em at the right time then you're good to go.

Brian
post #46 of 46 Old Oct 15th, 2007, 7:18 pm
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-NC
Lee, You're right to shop at Sierra Trading Post. My only problem is that a lot of times, they don't have the sizes I'm looking for. If you hit em at the right time then you're good to go.

Brian
Yep me too, but I order a bit early on my winter stuff so usually not an issue.

You just need to check in on the site every now and then.

I spent a lot of money before a friend turned me onto the site. I got so many kinds of socks now that I needed another drawer

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
BMW MOA #135959

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in