Cee Baileys or Vstream ?? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 3:53 am Thread Starter

Exclamation Cee Baileys or Vstream ??

There are many threads about the subject but they are all so complicated.
Lets keep this simple, please.

Im 62" tall (626" to be precise, or 191 centimetres). I have 2002 LT with 24" BMW windshield. Its time to chance.

I like to ride it all the way up when riding in the highway here in Finland, mostly limit is 62 and in intersections 49.
In the rain i lower it so that i can see over the top (its aproximately half way down). Like this i can see road something like 60 feet in front of me.

Give me some clue what kind of shield should i get.
Im thinking ceebaileys #2 with wings (regular or +2) but after reading threads about Vstream..... Is it good.

Last edited by angelsnatcher; Oct 12th, 2007 at 4:15 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 6:32 am

I love my Cee Bailey. I have a friend that is about as tall as you and he purchased the VStream. He went back to stock... I am using a #2 -4 Cee Bailey which is just right for me since I am 5"9'. That is from what I understand 6" shorter then stock. So if you went with a +2, you would be at stock height.. Wish I had the wings. I purchased it second hand.

Someone else please confirm if I am correct or not... Good Luck.
post #3 of 5 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 8:46 am

As far as which height screen to get, I suggest reading the info on this site http://www.ceebaileys.com/cycle/height-width.htm. But if you want advice on which type, I suggest talking to to these people http://www.blue-job.co.uk/main.php?g...lt1wingsscreen, who are very knowleagable when it come to which type of screen to choose.

Dave

Last edited by Dangerous2; Oct 12th, 2007 at 11:57 am.

post #4 of 5 Old Oct 12th, 2007, 11:31 am

I have tried several..

Presently have and like the CB #1 Touring shield with side wings. The wings make a huge difference.

I tried the #2 that many people like but it's just too short and stands up too straight for me. It had so much resistance that my windshield motor stalled.

I don't like to have to ride with a screen up high- cost too much in gas and turbulence. A longer screen run lower works for me. 6'4", 30" inseam.

David Major
Charleston, SC
-2003 LT
-2007 GS Adventure. White
post #5 of 5 Old Oct 14th, 2007, 1:50 pm Thread Starter

After reading many many many posts and oppinions decided to order ceebaileys #2+2 with wings.
Thanks everybody for helping me to decide

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in