Anybody looking for a Rick Mayer seat? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Oct 10th, 2007, 7:25 pm Thread Starter

Anybody looking for a Rick Mayer seat?

Rick has an October Special going on where he's offering a second seat for half price if two people buy seats at the same time. I think I'm going to give a custom seat a try and after doing some research I've decided to try a custom Rick Mayer seat for my LT. Here's his web site:

http://www.rickmayercycle.com/

The offer ends on November 1, 2007. If you're interested we'll split the cost savings 50/50 so that we each receive the same cost break. You can send me a PM if you're interested in this offer.

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Oct 10th, 2007, 8:05 pm

You'll really enjoy the change from the OEM seat...

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
post #3 of 8 Old Oct 10th, 2007, 10:34 pm

His brother in Ojai did mine on a ride in. Great job and feels great on the 500mi. + days.

Craig Hutchison
02 Pac Blue (Aka Blue Ox)
34 14 12.63 N
119 01 21.64 W

Why coast through Life when you can Corner it.

post #4 of 8 Old Oct 10th, 2007, 11:08 pm

i sent you a PM.

Mike
73's ka0mlh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old Oct 11th, 2007, 7:59 am Thread Starter

Rick Mayer seat offer

This is going quite well. I've already had several inquiries from individuals wanting to take advantage of the half price discount offer from Rick Mayer. I'm going to get a full seat replacement in leather and am looking for someone else that is going to do the same so that we maximize our savings. I'll collect the contact information from everyone that sends me a PM and then get everyone in touch with each other so that we can pair up. If you want to get in on this "collective purchase" send me a PM soon so that I can have a complete list of individuals. Offer ends on November 1 but we'll need to coordinate in advance of that date. Looking forward to a much improved riding experience after upgrading the factory seat on the LT.

Tim
post #6 of 8 Old Oct 11th, 2007, 11:21 am Thread Starter

Also...

I just wanted to clarify that you don't need to get the dual seat upgrade (rider & passenger) that I'm doing to participate. I'm hearing from various members and some want the dual seat and others only want the rider seat. I'll pair everyone up if possible so that singles are with singles and duals are with duals.

Tim
post #7 of 8 Old Oct 14th, 2007, 11:31 pm Thread Starter

Follow-up

Just following up to let those that have sent me PM to buy a seat that the wheels are in motion (so to speak). I have teamed up with an individual that's buying a dual seat. I have the user names from everyone that has let me know that they also want to buy a seat at a 25% discount and I'll follow up with them to allow them to exchange information and place their order.

If anyone else wants to get a seat go ahead and send me PM and I'll include you in the final communication to place the order and pair you up with another forum member.

Tim

2007 BMW R1200RT - Silver
Safari-pegs, Bakup Backrest, Zumo 550, Ztechnik windshield
post #8 of 8 Old Oct 19th, 2007, 10:54 pm Thread Starter

Lightbulb Thanks for the interest

Just wanted to tell everyone that I've had a total of six members contact me to take advantage of the Rick Mayer offer that's valid for this month. I paired up with one member and the other five are going to coordinate with each other and place their orders. This seems to have worked out very well and I appreciate all the interest from everyone that's participating. Can't wait to get the new seat and try it out!

Thanks,
Tim

2007 BMW R1200RT - Silver
Safari-pegs, Bakup Backrest, Zumo 550, Ztechnik windshield

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in