Pinging?? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Oct 9th, 2007, 9:32 pm Thread Starter

Pinging??

I did my 36K maintenance back in August. It seems, but I can't tell for sure, that there may be some pinging in the engine under certain limited loads (i.e., well loaded and going up a nice incline, even at in an appropriate lower gear). The bike (2003 LT) didn't do this before. I have been using the "alternative" fuel map due to the hotter weather; but, I was doing that before. (I have the "brown wire" thing on a switch.) The gap on the plugs I installed at the 36K maintenance "seemed" a bit tight. Could that possibly be the cause? Oh, and yes, I AM using the highest octane I can buy at every gas station. I would greatly value learning from the many of you who know this marvelous machine much better than I. Thanks!!!!

NVRider
IBA #28356
2003 K1200LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in