Power Commander PCIII Update - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Nov 26th, 2005, 1:52 pm Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 520
Power Commander PCIII Update

For those who have been anxiously watching and waiting regarding the PCIII for the LT, it is still on, but on the back burner at the moment. DynoJet still fully intends to release an LT version.

As some of you know, Dynojet worked with San Jose BMW (call and talk to the service manager) and setup several LT's with this model http://www.powercommander.com/914-611.shtml This is the one for the 1200 RS/GT and the exact same one they put on my LT. The only and I mean only issue that has been identified is an occasional starting issue (as if the TPS lost its base). If you crank the throttle while starting it you've now bypassed the issue. Everything else is terrific on this unit.

So, if you can't wait for them to iron out the starting issue, you can in fact install this unit and expect to get the results you've wanted.

The one FARKLE I'd like to see developed is the ability to hook a usb cable to the PCIII then to a small dash mounted Palm Pilot device running a lite version of Windows so I can have the Dynojet application active and could change my A/F ratio on the fly! Imagine, hit rush hour traffic...no problem, adjust down to 13.1:1 A/F and now you can zip around all you want with max power or rolling down the highway and need max fuel mileage...simply set it to 14.7:1 and keep on riding.

I hope to get to the dyno soon and have back to back runs with it set to either A/F ratio range to see what if any difference exists.

TX03LTC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old Nov 26th, 2005, 4:31 pm
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX03LTC
...the ability to hook a usb cable to the PCIII then to a small dash mounted Palm Pilot device running a lite version of Windows so I can have the Dynojet application active and could change my A/F ratio on the fly! Imagine, hit rush hour traffic...no problem, adjust down to 13.1:1 A/F and now you can zip around all you want with max power or rolling down the highway and need max fuel mileage...simply set it to 14.7:1 and keep on riding.
Now that's what I'm talking about!
messenger13 is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old Nov 26th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Member
 
riderup1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Macomb, MI, USA
Posts: 99
how much power difference are we talking about here?

If its got tits or an engine you're gonna have trouble with it

05 Graphite K1200LT
riderup1 is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 Old Nov 26th, 2005, 5:08 pm
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 820
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX03LTC

The one FARKLE I'd like to see developed is the ability to hook a usb cable to the PCIII then to a small dash mounted Palm Pilot device running a lite version of Windows so I can have the Dynojet application active and could change my A/F ratio on the fly!
Im sure i have seen a power commander that had a switch attched to the side of it and you could go just this, but, u had to stop the bike, flick the switch and go again.the switch let you change maps after you turn the bike off.
please correct me if im wrong
Dezrae is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old Nov 26th, 2005, 5:24 pm Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by riderup1
how much power difference are we talking about here?
That is a hard question to answer, first because each and every bike is different and will produce different results even with the same aftermarket parts.

I know that others say, you'll get this much power with our exhaust or with our chip and they may be right from a peak power perspective. What I want is an increase across the whole curve without destroying the stock curve characteristics.

BMW has to meet US Federal emission guidelines and therefore can't maximize the motor potential from an A/F view. To me, this box simply does this based on the target you set.

As far as your question, I won't know till I get it on the dyno to see what changes it makes. When I do, I'll post them, good or bad.
TX03LTC is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old Nov 26th, 2005, 5:28 pm Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezrae
Im sure i have seen a power commander that had a switch attched to the side of it and you could go just this, but, u had to stop the bike, flick the switch and go again.the switch let you change maps after you turn the bike off.
please correct me if im wrong
Hmmm, I've run these on my bikes for the last 5 years and haven't seen that feature yet. I've seen them on units for autos. I can tell you though, that the change is dynamic. With the bike idling, you attach your laptop to the PCIII, start the power commander program and it then starts talking to the PCIII via a usb port. You then tell it what A/F ratio you want to set, set it and bam you watch the A/F ratio monitor change on the screen. Dynojet uses an expensive 'wideband' O2 sensor in place of our stock one so it can be dynamic enough to keep the targeted A/F ratio.
TX03LTC is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problems with Hoon Hardware Power Supply LT05RT04 Satellite Radio 3 Nov 28th, 2005 4:45 pm
Bike power to the trailer for accessories Dezrae Australia, New Zealand, and AsiaPac 2 Oct 25th, 2005 5:43 am
Delayed Power to Headset and Detector Canabarry K1200LT 8 Oct 15th, 2005 10:20 pm
power commander rtgrey K1200LT 2 Oct 1st, 2005 11:02 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome