radio control switch - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Nov 26th, 2005, 12:49 pm Thread Starter

radio control switch

i'm having difficulty removing the radio remote switch from the clutch lever assembly. i'm attempting to get to the clutch switch for the cruise control. i believe the clutch switch is sticking as pushing out on the clutch lever would allow me to engage cruise although that won't work now. i have removed the two screws below the radio switch as well as the one in front of the switch. these are the screws shown in the repair manual. can anyone help me? any help at all is appreciated. thank you very much. omurphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Nov 26th, 2005, 1:42 pm

switch trouble

I've had the same trouble. But as I remember you can loosen the small screws that hold the switch and move it slightly back to get the microswitch away from the lever. Mine does this twice in 3 yrs always works for me. You can also spray a very small amount of wd40 on it or what ever you have that will work with electric parts.

Zeke

45 years riding and still more places to see.
2002 K1200LT
2016 R1200RT
IBA # 41935
post #3 of 5 Old Nov 27th, 2005, 6:58 am Thread Starter

Question problem

the problem in part is that i don't know where any of the parts are located with in the clutch lever housing. can anyone tell me with respect to another part i can see where the cruise control clutch switch is located? say for example with respect to the two allen screws on the bottom of the radio remote control, is the switch located on the outboard side forward or aft? which way should i direct the contact cleaner or wd40 so that it will penetrate the cruise control switch? also wd40 will affect the rubber on the handle bar grip, it seems that contact cleaner would also affect it, is that so? is there a better way or back to my original question how do i get the radio remote switch on the handle bar off so that i can proceed to get at the clutch cruise control switch. it may be that the cruise switch is loose within the clutch lever assembly. i was able to get the cruise to come on briefly yesterday after i posted my question and i had to literally hold the clutch lever in the forward position.thanks omurphy

Last edited by omurphy; Nov 27th, 2005 at 7:25 am. Reason: to add more to post

post #4 of 5 Old Nov 27th, 2005, 8:53 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by omurphy
the problem in part is that i don't know where any of the parts are located with in the clutch lever housing. can anyone tell me with respect to another part i can see where the cruise control clutch switch is located?
look at #11

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old Nov 27th, 2005, 9:14 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by omurphy
also wd40 will affect the rubber on the handle bar grip, it seems that contact cleaner would also affect it, is that so?
WD40 isn't the best choice as a lubricant or a cleaner. "WD" stands for water displacement. Use it to protect stuff like fishing reels, etc from moisture damage. People use is as a lube all the time, but it dries to a sticky film and attracts dirt.

I actually doubt that either WD40 or contact cleaner would do any harm to rubber.

I'd pick a spray of something designed to clean or lubricate, or both.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in