She is topless. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Aug 12th, 2007, 1:42 pm Thread Starter

She is topless.

Or bottomless. I just wanted to see if I like the look or if I was just bored.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of P8120026.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	13687   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of P8120027.JPG
Views:	372
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	13688   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of P8120031.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	13689  

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
Contact me 4 motor training 1&1
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (Contact me)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Aug 12th, 2007, 1:58 pm

A month ago my wife said I want to go ride sometime with you! So I put the top box back on, since then everytime I suggest we go for a ride something happens to make it a no go. Since I put the box back on the LT it just felt fat and heavy, but when i took it off and put the FT. Worth rack back on, wow what a difference.. she like to move again. I think I am going to figure out a way to put another Backup on the rack for her comfort, I just don't like the feel of that box now. If you have never taken your top box off, do it and see the difference.

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350
post #3 of 12 Old Aug 12th, 2007, 2:06 pm

Took It All Off

Friend of mine give me a short sporty windshield for the LT. I took the topcase off in 20 minutes the first time. Hereafter I should be able to do it in 10. There was an amazing difference in the way the bike handled. I am not a daredevil but it was much easier to get the bike over in the curves and felt a lot smoother/safer. Now if I could just convince MY wife to get her own bike! I looked at the 650 and really wanted it but I knew the first long trip we took (assuming I could get her to ride the 650) she would be two up behind me on the second day! We are headed for CCR in a couple of weeks so I have refitted the bike for two up. It's too hot to ride for fun right now so I went ahead and got ready for the trip. When I get back I will try to post some pictures. The bike looks really cool with the windshield and the Ft. Worth rack.

I didn't get here dressed this way!

post #4 of 12 Old Aug 12th, 2007, 2:11 pm

To each his own I guess. Those Ft Worth racks look pretty neat, but I'd never take the top box off my bike as I use it everytime I ride it. I just think it takes away the looks of the bike, but that's just MHO.

One of the big reasons I bought my LT was the storage, and the SO loves the back seat ! ( that's HER lazyboy)

2000 K1200LT
1981 Honda CBX ( kind of for sale)
post #5 of 12 Old Aug 12th, 2007, 2:27 pm

Just one of the many thangs I like about the GT. In about 5 seconds the top box comes off. Both side cases come off just as easily. It's like having 3 bikes in one with very little hassle.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 Old Aug 12th, 2007, 2:39 pm

That top box is a work of art and it is very well built. I have the Harley rack on mine so it empty weighs almost forty lbs. When you compare it to the Harley and GW box it is a step above. I love the fact that they come off so easy and it gives us the ability to enjoy the bike both ways. I think the LT's lines with the FT. Worth rack on the back is beautiful.

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350
post #7 of 12 Old Aug 12th, 2007, 4:39 pm

Thumbs up Agreed...3 Bikes in One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Just one of the many thangs I like about the GT. In about 5 seconds the top box comes off. Both side cases come off just as easily. It's like having 3 bikes in one with very little hassle.
Yep! On my ride around the country, there were days when I had it fully-dressed complete with topbox, seatbag, and saddlebags. When touring a certain area for a day, I'd remove the topbox and seatbag and just around with the saddlebags. For even shorter rides through some serious twisties, I'd remove everything and ride my K1200GT-SBE (SportBike Edition ).
post #8 of 12 Old Aug 12th, 2007, 5:33 pm

I love mine with the top off..

I really do use the storage and find that it overcomes my preference in the way it handles, but it seems to ride so much better topless. Wouldn't think that 35 pounds would make it handle differently, but it sure feels that way. First time I took it off, I felt like I was cheating on the Big Fat Pig.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #9 of 12 Old Aug 12th, 2007, 5:40 pm

Put it back on!
post #10 of 12 Old Aug 13th, 2007, 9:29 am
kip

topless

too mine off about a year ago
so far every time ive thought id have to put it back for a trip or something ive figured out how to get everything in the side bags...

im sure ill put it back for some trips with my wife this fall but the bike is alot easier to handle to me with it off....

luckily it only takes about 15 minutes max to put it on or take it off

if you havent tried it off.....u should!

Kip
99 LT
97 Shadow 1100
Jefferson, Ga
post #11 of 12 Old Aug 13th, 2007, 10:00 am

I prefer the look with the top on

I've had mine off a few times and I really do like the way it handles without the top, but it just seems to look better and complete with the top on. Just cant see how the removal of 35 pounds can make such a difference. Must have something to do with the height of the weight. I can take off the top, add a 120 pound passenger and it still handles better!

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #12 of 12 Old Aug 13th, 2007, 10:26 am

I bought a Ft Worth rack and put it on this summer. I do like the way the bike handles and the way it looks. I do miss the extra storage space, so I probably won't keep it off all the time. As far as a passenger back rest goes, I knew my wife would not ride on the bike without a back rest, and I didn't want to pay $350 + for a bakup back rest, so I purchased a back rest from best rest products (www.bestrestproducts.com) for about half that much, and mounted it on the Ft Worth rack. It does take up some room on the rack, but it works for me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in