good tire pressure gage - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2007, 4:58 pm Thread Starter

good tire pressure gage

any suggestions for an acurate tire oressure gage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2007, 5:06 pm

I use a radio shak talking digital gauge. It was a gift I received last Christmas from my MSF boss. I also have a Campbell Hausfield gauge. As far as acuracy, they both are close to each other and air gauge on my pump.

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2007, 5:43 pm

The $25 one with the tread gauge can be had at Target for 7 bucks. It's a good one.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok

post #4 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2007, 8:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
The $25 one with the tread gauge can be had at Target for 7 bucks. It's a good one.
Why would it be $25.00 if you can get it for $7.00

Manny
Where is the nearest Tims?

Need to stay awake

post #5 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2007, 9:14 pm
was

BMW analog gauge with the rubber armor. Hose is plenty long, numbers and markings are very legible, gauge holds it's reading until you reset it, has a little button that will bleed air from the tire to reach the psi you want, stainless steel bezel, rubber armor provides protection from shock due to dropping it, handy little carrying case.

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike
post #6 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2007, 9:17 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newf
Why would it be $25.00 if you can get it for $7.00
Same as Roadgear. I went for Target offering. This is the only model that fits well on the stem with the LT's rotor configuration.

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

2019 Maritime Provinces of Canada & New England 3,500 miles

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #7 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2007, 9:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMitchell
Same as Roadgear. I went for Target offering. This is the only model that fits well on the stem with the LT's rotor configuration.
ditto that, I bought the roadgear one for, yes, 25 dollars, it lasted three months before the non-replaceable battery died. Roadgear said they'd replace it if I could return it with my receipt...who the hell keeps a receipt for a friggin air gauge? Needless to say, I didn't get a replacement...

The Target version, in their automotive dept, is the exact same thing, you have to get the hang of placing it on the valve stem just right without losing air pressure though.

I do lust for one of those BMW analog ones with the long hose (does that mean I have gauge envy?). Saw one, want one!!! Wouldn't keep it in my lil' bag o' tools for the bike, too big and too fragile (and too pricey), but would love one for the garage.

P

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
post #8 of 11 Old Aug 11th, 2007, 11:20 am

I have been using this Michelin one for a few years now.

Always accurate and easy to use, but difficult to find a new one.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/michelin-tyre...QQcmdZViewItem
post #9 of 11 Old Aug 11th, 2007, 2:29 pm

Thumbs up Check / Add / Release Without Removing Guage

This one really simplifies an unnecessarily PITA chore on the LT.

http://www.sierrabmw.bigstep.com/ite...7&PRID=1546525

Warren
Chipley, FL
'05 LT - Gold
She was a fast machine, She kept her motor clean
She was the best damn woman I had ever seen -- [ac/dc]

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
Yogi Berra
post #10 of 11 Old Aug 11th, 2007, 2:54 pm

I own three upper price range digital tire gages. One of them I bought from a BMW dealer... all three of them are different.

I own about 3 of the old fashion kind of tire gages that have been around forever. None of them read the same either.

I took all 6 of them, threw out the one that was way off, and averaged my reading and then I picked the one electronic that was closest in pressure to the average.

A man with two tire gages is like a man with two watches who never knows what time it is! Average a few gages and use the one that is closest to the average and go on with your life!
post #11 of 11 Old Aug 11th, 2007, 7:26 pm
Enthusiast - KI6CDF

Thumbs up BMW Analog

I went through 3 or 4 electronic pieces of crap from China including the RoadGear tire gauge. I always wanted the BMW analog gauge but throught it cost too much. With the money I've spend on junk I could have bought 2 of the BMW analog gauges.

Accurate? Who knows - but I rely on it and don't have to worry about batteries wearing down or failing.

Tom Becker
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270

2003 Titan Silver LTE "Cantabile"
2001 Black R 1150 GS

BMWMOA
AMA
IBA (SS1000, B2B-36)

KI6CDF

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in