Cup holder - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Aug 10th, 2007, 10:57 am Thread Starter

Cup holder

This is a must have piece of bike bling.

not is it just somewhere to put your special brew but it pisses other bikers off so much that it is worth the $65 just for that.

nobody seems to mind too much the electric stand, the reverse gear, the cruise control or the central locking but the cup holder really sticks it to them.

please get one immediately just for the crack of it.

Steve

Fat bikers bounce better
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Aug 10th, 2007, 12:31 pm
Gold Supporter

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 Old Aug 10th, 2007, 12:42 pm

I have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboybmw

not is it just somewhere to put your special brew but it pisses other bikers off so much that it is worth the $65 just for that.

nobody seems to mind too much the electric stand, the reverse gear, the cruise control or the central locking but the cup holder really sticks it to them.

Steve
Got one and already broken. The BMW cup holder that is. Still works though.

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
Contact me 4 motor training 1&1
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (Contact me)

post #4 of 12 Old Aug 10th, 2007, 2:11 pm

Quote:

Steve
$65.00 is a steal. Up here they are $192.00 CAN. Now we all know our dollar is a lot closer than that:-)

Manny
Where is the nearest Tims?

Need to stay awake

post #5 of 12 Old Aug 10th, 2007, 4:11 pm

He's from the UK & talking about Pounds Sterling.....
post #6 of 12 Old Sep 5th, 2007, 4:17 pm

Cup Holder

Quote:

Steve
Hey, where did you get the cup holder for $65. Please let me know. Is it the original BMW cup holder
Thanks,
JLF
post #7 of 12 Old Sep 5th, 2007, 5:01 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephFry
Hey, where did you get the cup holder for $65. Please let me know. Is it the original BMW cup holder
Thanks,
JLF
That's UK pricing...

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #8 of 12 Old Sep 5th, 2007, 8:35 pm

I was also looking for a drink holder, but out here in the desert a cup or even can holder won't cut it for me, so I fabbed up my own. It will hold a 1 liter bottle and mounts using two screws that are already there, behind the mirrors. It doesn't interfere with anything except the movement of the lower air deflector, which must be in the open position to have the holder in place. I coated the thing in the plastic dip stuff. It isn't as cosmetically perfect as I'd like, but when I get time I'll make another set. It did fine on the maiden voyage last Sun, so monday I made one for the right side too. I can now have 2 liters in easy reach. I don't know how to attach a photo yet, how do I do that? I tried the little "insert image" icon at the top of this text box, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Steve
Chandler, AZ
2000 BMW 1200LT

post #9 of 12 Old Sep 5th, 2007, 8:44 pm

http://www.glassact.com/

I really like my "Butler".. and I personally can vouch for the creators.. He and his wife are "top shelf" folks..

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #10 of 12 Old Sep 5th, 2007, 10:00 pm

How exactly does it attach to the LT handle bar?

http://www.glassact.com/galleryBMW.htm

Gary & Mary Droege
1999 K1200LT
2008 K1200LT

"Life ain't about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce."
post #11 of 12 Old Sep 5th, 2007, 11:44 pm

Like so...

Like so.. These pics included in the detailed instructions which include a template for cuts.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMW_1200_LT_FRONT.pdf (1.08 MB, 64 views)

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #12 of 12 Old Sep 5th, 2007, 11:46 pm

and like so..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMW_1200_LT_BACK.pdf (1.71 MB, 49 views)

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in