J&M - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Aug 9th, 2007, 4:51 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up J&M

When't to Sturgis and J&M was one of the venders there. Took my head set to them to check a short out that I had in right speaker they told me they had good news and bad the bad was a broken wirer on the speaker the good news was they replaced freee . Not to many companys do that on a 3 or 4 year old head set. Got to give credit to them for standing behand there producted . 03LT jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Aug 9th, 2007, 6:02 pm

That's good to hear. I wonder if they would have done the replacement had you just sent it in to their shop?

Mine has been acting a little hinkey lately, but it could be the pigtail just isn't plugged all the way in. Doesn't happen often enough to fully diagnose it.

Kevin
'06 K1200LT
post #3 of 4 Old Aug 9th, 2007, 7:48 pm
Premium Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnata
That's good to hear. I wonder if they would have done the replacement had you just sent it in to their shop?

Mine has been acting a little hinkey lately, but it could be the pigtail just isn't plugged all the way in. Doesn't happen often enough to fully diagnose it.
You may be right. It's always easy to blow off a customer on the phone or email. Human nature makes it's harder to give someone crap if you are looking them in the eye. Glad to hear that the outcome was good.

Tony 05

post #4 of 4 Old Aug 10th, 2007, 8:49 am

J&M customer service

Glad you had a good experience with J&M. I was told to see them at a big meet they are attending and your needs would be heard.

I have had simply a terrible experience with them via phone. First I had a right head phone problem too. Called and they suggested buying new head sets. I did because I figured their new ones were better according to their advertizing hype. Installed but same results no sound in the right side.

AND second, the only info you get with the system is a far less than stellar manual that offers nothing technical i.e. like a wiring diagram/color code of the harnesses/plugs.

SO, I called and asked some relatively simple questions and the folks on the phone always referred me to John Lazzaroni, AKA as the owner, and to speak with him via e mail only.

WELL this was the most agonizing two weeks I have ever spent getting info from anyone on anything. I was first told that anything of technical perportions is not published as they are affraid of someone stealing their technology. Pooy-if I wanted to steal their relatively stale technology I would simply reverse engineer it on the kitchen table and move on. Plus having been in the race car/car restoration business for over 40 years, and have installed every radio known to man other than a J&M product, they always published color coded wiring diagrams and performance data.

Upon disrobing the K1200LT I found a connector where two wires had pulled out. Asked for a diagram or color match and it took two weeks to get an answer.

And to top off the end of the two weeks it was suggested that I "might" need a special cable/harness but Lazzaroni was "not sure". AND if I bought it meaning paid for it, and it did not work I was SOL and could not return it.

Then I was berated and relagated to one of the apparently many who in their/his mind ask "cock-a-mamy" questions. All the while never once getting on the first e submitted an upfront direct straight answer.

FRANKLY, my experience has soured me on anything about J&M products. Their customer service and Lazzaroni stinks.

Soon to move on to another product.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in