where do you mount sat nav - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 1:42 pm Thread Starter

where do you mount sat nav

Hi all
I have just bought a garmin zumo and have been wondering where the best place is to mount it.
Cheers Hovis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 1:50 pm

where you don't have to take your eyes too far from the road......................
mounted my 2720 on a copilot shelf right in the middle (bottom) of the windscreen

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 1:56 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Up high and centered, usually on some sort of a shelf. Don't want to have to look way down while riding.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

post #4 of 5 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 2:02 pm

Garage
I mounted my Iway 500 right above my radio controls. I'm sure you can set up the Zumo the same way with the right Ram mount.

I took about the front tupperware and radio off. I pryed off the BMW roundel that was right ontop of the radio display. I then drilled the hole for the mount. I mad it slightly oversized for the wires to squeeze in.

I ran the power right to the battery. The audio is stored for now under the driver's seat until I can afford to buy the audio cable from Raffy to my Baehr intercom.

I wish I could take credit for the idea but I copied another board member who posted their directions here on the board. If you use the search feature, I'm sure you'll find it.

Good Luck!

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #5 of 5 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 2:07 pm
was

Click on any of the links below this post and you will get additional ideas and pics. Then go the Accessories and Gear forum, GPS subforum, and do a search on GPS mount. All kinds of pics showing shelf mounts, handlebar mounts, RAM mounts, etc.

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in