How to check your Cruise Control - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 3:51 pm Thread Starter

How to check your Cruise Control

Check this out . .

• 2005 LT - 17 countries, 2 CONTINENTS & counting !
  • MB SLK 350 MT
  • 1974 Triumph Bonneville 750

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 5:22 pm

Hard to impress in the days of X games, but not bad.

Indian Larry used to stand on his seat on a Harley or was it an Indian? Problem was one day Indian Larry fell off whatever bike it was and unfortunatly passed away.

Ian

2003 K1200LT
Aprilia Caponord

post #3 of 19 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 5:49 pm

Yea, Indian Larry was doing his 'flying cross' ride at some bike show and face planted - badly. C'ya Larry!

Ya know, I like these bikes as much as anyone else 'round these parts. They really are some nice.

But that there was one hard core demonstration of a total lack of thinking, common sense, responsibility or concern for other road users.

And then to make a movie of it *AND* post it on the internet!??!!

Tate

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and

post #4 of 19 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 6:32 pm

What you have never done that Wooly ? its harder on the L/T because of the Lumbar...i can for miles on the piilon of my wifs Vic.
post #5 of 19 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 6:50 pm

Lessee 'im do that at 40 mph with a worn and feathered set of Metzelers.

On second thought ... let's don't.

-----------------------------------------

The word motorcycle is a verb.

2005 K1200LT "Rolf"
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge
post #6 of 19 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 6:58 pm

Wooly... CUT IT OUT!

=)

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #7 of 19 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 7:15 pm

Wolly - that was YOU!!!???!???

Tate

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and

post #8 of 19 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 2:55 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotter
Wolly - that was YOU!!!???!???
No - I make sure there are no cameras about when I do that type of thihg

• MB SLK 350 MT

post #9 of 19 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 6:49 am
Lifetime Supporter

If over there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolly
No - I make sure there are no cameras about when I do that type of thihg
The vehicles were going in the wrong direction for England if it were you, correct?
Jer

Jerry Palma
99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 5)
97 K1100LT Aspen Silver Night High Line 'Silver Knight'
85 R80RT 'Lady in Red'
08 535xi Space Gray metallic
09 328i Silver Convertable
17 X3 Glacier Silver metallic

BMWMOA #157323 / ABC #11368 -- All-in-all a newbie!

I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!
post #10 of 19 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 7:12 am

Some folks really need to experience a tank slapper, no matter what they ride.

Nice jacket though...

Idiot.

2000 K1200LT
1981 Honda CBX ( kind of for sale)
post #11 of 19 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 3:20 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jers99lt
The vehicles were going in the wrong direction for England if it were you, correct?
Jer
1. Vehicles definately on wrong side of road!!!

2. From the license plate it's either a Brit or Dutch bike - hard to make out.

3. Funnily enough, most of my 14,000 miles have been done on the wrong side of the road

• MB SLK 350 MT

post #12 of 19 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 3:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1200LTryder
Some folks really need to experience a tank slapper, no matter what they ride.

Nice jacket though...

Idiot.
an idiot for sure......

But there are only a couple of people on the planet that I'd wish a real tankslapper on!!

Mike
post #13 of 19 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 4:11 pm
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Not sure why the guy is a jerk?

While I don't play like that others do, so what? Their Money, Bike and Skin.

I do drive no handed, so what? I have gone 1 finger for a hundred miles. My bike, my risk.

Seems there are a lot of very safety minded people here but that is YOUR choice, not others.

I don't wear gear except goggles. Winter I do wear Leather. Summer if I am going slab or distance, will wear a helmet because of crossing state lines.

Just don't get all the name calling and bigotry because of a trick move, or gear or anything like that.

I have been down in my life, and not because of a trick move, or no hands. Not everyone goes down in their biking career, others more then once. I don't think we get a choice in the matter. We can hedge our bets by gear and school and videos and forums like this, but still we have no choice in when it happens.

"Never go faster then your angel can fly"

Each to their own, but I think it was a pretty cool video, maybe I am still too "young" and have not forgotten the thrills of doing stuff just to get a rush................

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic (Sold)
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 (Sold)
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Totaled 2010)
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959
post #14 of 19 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 4:30 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF

I do drive no handed, so what? I have gone 1 finger for a hundred miles. My bike, my risk.

Seems there are a lot of very safety minded people here but that is YOUR choice, not others.

I don't wear gear except goggles. Winter I do wear Leather. Summer if I am going slab or distance, will wear a helmet because of crossing state lines.

Just don't get all the name calling and bigotry because of a trick move, or gear or anything like that.

I have been down in my life, and not because of a trick move, or no hands. Not everyone goes down in their biking career, others more then once. I don't think we get a choice in the matter. We can hedge our bets by gear and school and videos and forums like this, but still we have no choice in when it happens.

Each to their own, but I think it was a pretty cool video, maybe I am still too "young" and have not forgotten the thrills of doing stuff just to get a rush................
Like the atitiude - I often sit on the back seat on long rides (never actually thought bout leaving the bars alone though (might have to try that!!), often sit up front, no hands - no big deal. Once rode up through Morrocco on their main motorway(totally deserted road), no hands but using the wind on my hands to try & slalom through the white lines (but, luckily, no-one filmed me!!).

• MB SLK 350 MT

post #15 of 19 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 5:10 pm
2-K

Hi,

it's a Brit...UK rider judging by the licence plate, also I looked through the rest of the guys pictures on photobucket...plenty of clues there

Each to their own I suppose, it's just when riders do these things on a public road/highway it's not just the rider that could suffer IMHO

Rob
post #16 of 19 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 5:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-K
Hi,

it's a Brit...UK rider judging by the licence plate, also I looked through the rest of the guys pictures on photobucket...plenty of clues there

Each to their own I suppose, it's just when riders do these things on a public road/highway it's not just the rider that could suffer IMHO

Rob
If I had to ride next to a bike, it would be an LT (followed closely by any other beemer) just because I assume they are older, more experienced, in most cases more educated and have more to lose that's with or without hands. I'm assuming this guy pays taxes and therefore if he wants to ride like that (in his lane) more power to him.

Ghaison (Jason)
99 K1200RS Silver and Blue (Sold!)
2004 K1200LT FOR SALE!!!
Bluefield, VA
Sometimes you can get so fixated on the fact that you are right that you lose sight of the reality that it doesn't matter.
-some guy named Ghaison circa 2002

post #17 of 19 Old Aug 8th, 2007, 5:25 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-K
Hi,
also I looked through the rest of the guys pictures on photobucket...plenty of clues there

Rob
I know the guy who originally posted it on Photobucket - he's definately a Brit (well, Yorkshire), but he can't remember where he found it. As I said, it's either a Brit or a Dutch license plate, but they're definately riding that dual carigeway in a non-brit direction!!

• MB SLK 350 MT

post #18 of 19 Old Aug 9th, 2007, 2:41 am
2-K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolly
but they're definately riding that dual carigeway in a non-brit direction!!
Hi Woolly, that reminds me of what happened the other day.

My 75 year old father-in-law had just left our home after a visit and was on his way home, his route would take him along the motorway, after ten minutes of him leaving we heard on the radio police were warning drivers to careful on the same motorway as there was a car travelling in the wrong direction.

I phoned father-in-law on his mobile to warn him and told him there was car travelling in the wrong direction of his motorway…he said “ one car! There’s bloody dozens of them”

I wonder if anyone has done this on their LT http://m-kobayashi.cocolog-nifty.com...3/051218-1.jpg

Rob
post #19 of 19 Old Aug 9th, 2007, 2:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF

Working in the medical field, I unfortunately see the results of motorcycle stunts that have not made it to completion.

Most injured riders do not carry medical insurance, so we have to foot the bill.

If you want to fool around and maybe hurt yourself, go right ahead.

Doing it on a public road where you can hurt others, makes you WIDE open for liabilities. ( but you aint gonna get sued if you are dead, right?)

Darwin award candidates are everywhere, but they just seem so more pronounced when they demonstrate their candidacy on a mortorcycle.

2000 K1200LT
1981 Honda CBX ( kind of for sale)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in