Now it's a Morgan I'm looking for... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 7:51 pm Thread Starter

Now it's a Morgan I'm looking for...

Adore my new LT, of course, but still loving my wife, too. She's gone through a lot with a health issue (BC/Stage IV) but Deb now seems stabilized and ready to join me on some touring adventures. That said, she will hop on the LT mostly to humor me, but her first love in "rides" is the Morgan horse, and I'm thinking of surprising her with a young, affectionate filly of that breed. (Her "little Farley" died suddenly.) And although I've got the room and the stable for the animal, I know far less about horses than motorcycles--have intentionally kept it that way, you see, because I didn't want to clean up after them.

Now, in carefully reading this board for several weeks, I have been truly impressed at the diversity of skills and backgrounds demonstrated herein. Surely someone here breeds Morgans or knows a trusted friend who does. If this assumption proves correct, please let me know. We are situated in New England (and me a Mississippi boy, at that), but I'll travel wherever for the right steed. But it has to be a Morgan, for whatever reason.

P.S. I have already learned lots from this board, but the most important bit of knowledge acquired is the awareness you guys are terrific!

-Clark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 9:47 pm

It's been awhile since we had horses up in Colrain, MA in our second home. There certainly were a lot of Morgans around. They are a prized New England breed.

My wife however was partial to Quarter horses. Me, I liked Appaloosas!

I did a little Googling and turned up a number of prospects in your general area, here's a nice sounding filly to start your list off with...

http://horsetopia.horse-for-sale.org...fieds/ad226885

Denlore Farms in Vermont is a very well respected breeder, check out their site:

http://www.denlore.com/

Good luck and wishing you and your wife the best!

J. Averill Townsend
Bloomfield Hills, MI

IBA# 24374

2002 K1200LTC - Silver
1978 R100/7 - Very, very Black
2004 Bushtec Quantum - Silver, of course...(SOLD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 10:26 pm

Giddyup! Morgans are fine, friendly beasts... tho much bigger than my dog. If I were in position to provide that gift to my lovely bride, we would probably have at least 2 of them.

Good luck...

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 6:10 am

And there was me thinking you were talking about Morgan cars - from down the road from me in Malvern UK

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

post #5 of 9 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 7:37 am

I hear the backstrap is pretty good if properly marinated and grilled over mesquite.....better than manatee !!!

2000 K1200LT
1981 Honda CBX ( kind of for sale)
post #6 of 9 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 7:49 am

[QUOTE=c00k1e]And there was me thinking you were talking about Morgan cars - from down the road from me in [url="http://www.mw

Was thinking the same thing. But that photo can't be a real Morgan. Where is the big leather strap across the bonnet? I know I know progress, would love to find one of the old ones that I could afford.

Fred Rosenbaum
NF1U
2006 K1200LT Totaled
2005 R1200GS
post #7 of 9 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 8:23 am

Morgans

My mother used to breed Morgans. Famous mare name of Rena had several champion foals here. That was many years ago, now we have one Quarter Horse as a family pet; nice horse but Morgans are also a wonderful breed.

Morgan history can be seen at:

http://www.morganmuseum.org/html/links.html

Here's a link to a page which will help you find a farm by geographic location.

http://www.morganhorse.com/marketplace/farm.php
post #8 of 9 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 8:35 am

[QUOTE=FredR][QUOTE=c00k1e]And there was me thinking you were talking about Morgan cars - from down the road from me in http://www.morgan-motor.co.uk/lifecar/lifecar.html

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

post #9 of 9 Old Aug 7th, 2007, 11:21 am Thread Starter

Exclamation Morgan horses v. Morgan cars

Well, it is true one learns something every day. Never heard of a Morgan car before now, but I conclude from the picture that the vehicle is far prettier than the steed. Looks out of my price range, though...Especially, her!

Thanks for all the replies and the helpful backround info. Using your helpful leads, I can now get started seeking out Morgan horseflesh.

-Wish me luck, Clark

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in