crap Cd player - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 8:14 am Thread Starter

crap Cd player

The Cd player on my brand new LT is shite . it jumps all over the place just like the one I had on my RT.

I now want to connect an ipod to the bike so i can use the bikes radio controls.

I am sure this has been covered many times before but please give me some wisdom on how to do this.

Ta

SC

Fat bikers bounce better
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 10:58 am

I converted mine by using a Soundgate brand aux. out adapter, plugs in between the changer and factory harness. Rocker switch controls feed to 2 aux jacks + setting for CD. Aux cable was run to coverter to drop voltage for XM, ran feed up to stingray cubby where XM resides. I believe a search of the forum will yield some pretty good instructions, along with exactly what is needed. I believe the same setup will work for Ipods,etc. Well worth the effort IMO.
post #3 of 12 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 11:08 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboybmw
The Cd player on my brand new LT is shite . it jumps all over the place just like the one I had on my RT.

Ta

SC
My CD player works fine, except when riding over severe bumps, then it pauses to recover from the shock. If the roads you're riding on are in bad shape then, yeah, there're other options. If not, then I would look into why the player skips. It could be that the shipping screws weren't removed. Don't ask my why I know this .
Jer

Jerry Palma
99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 5)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
97 K1100LT Aspen Silver Night High Line 'Silver Knight'
85 R80RT 'Lady in Red'
08 535xi Space Gray metallic
09 328i Silver Convertable
17 X3 Glacier Silver metallic

BMWMOA #157323 / ABC #11368 -- All-in-all a newbie!

I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!

post #4 of 12 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 11:32 am

I cleaned mine with compressed air with a thin nozzle extension. I then ran a cleaner disc through a few times and it improved 99%.

Hello 07 R1200S
Bye2006 LT
1982 R65
Buy More Warranty!
post #5 of 12 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 2:03 pm

If you have a new bike all you have to do is get a three conductor patch cord with miniplugs. It plugs from the earphone plug on my MP3 player to the Aux plug on the Voice II. Press the lower left button on the stingray until Aux appears on the computer screen and you are all set. I have about 10 gigs of albums on my player and I just set it to shuffle and let it rip. Hours of music with no DJs. I got a 12in patch cord from Radio Shack for about $4.00.

Bruce

Bruce Buchner
2017 R1200RT Platinum Bronze Metallic
2012 R1200RT Fluid Grey Metallic (Little Girl) Traded on the 2017 RT
2007 K1200LT Storm Grey Metallic (Big Girl) Traded on the 2017 RT
2001 325XI 4dr Sold
1967 2000CS Coupe (Left it in Germany)
post #6 of 12 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 2:38 pm
Premium Vendor

Did they mount the unit in the foam casing? Mine can hits some good bumps or multiple railroad tracks and it still stays in play.

Tony 05
post #7 of 12 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 6:38 pm

What seems to be typical (of the newer LTs) is the CD player works fine over big bumps, but skips over the smaller (stutter) bumps. I guess that means that if you have REALLY bad roads, you're good to go, but if you have California concrete freeways, better step up to an iPod....
post #8 of 12 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 6:57 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

make sure the screws holding the CD case down are properly tightened/loosened or replaced with different lengths. Specially the back ones. This was brought up several years ago and adjustment to the screws is all it took.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy

Last edited by RaffyK; Aug 1st, 2007 at 6:58 pm. Reason: added more info
post #9 of 12 Old Aug 26th, 2007, 4:07 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buchnerb
If you have a new bike all you have to do is get a three conductor patch cord with miniplugs. It plugs from the earphone plug on my MP3 player to the Aux plug on the Voice II. Press the lower left button on the stingray until Aux appears on the computer screen and you are all set. I have about 10 gigs of albums on my player and I just set it to shuffle and let it rip. Hours of music with no DJs. I got a 12in patch cord from Radio Shack for about $4.00.

Bruce
Hi,

I have 2 questions:

I have BMW original CD player on my 2005 LT and would like to replace it with CD player that supports MP3...and other. Any ideas?
I can get to AUX on my screen but do can not find where is the cable to plug my small MP3 player .

br, and thank you,

Slavko
post #10 of 12 Old Aug 26th, 2007, 8:47 am

If you have the VoiceII comm system then the control panel is in the oddments box. To the right of the big knob there are three sockets. One should be marked Aux. You need to buy a patch cord to go from your player with a 3.5mm plug on the other end. Plug the cord in, star your player and use the CD button to switch the input to Aux on the screen. If you do not have a VoiceII I cannot help because that is the only one I am familiar with.

Bruce

Bruce Buchner
2017 R1200RT Platinum Bronze Metallic
2012 R1200RT Fluid Grey Metallic (Little Girl) Traded on the 2017 RT
2007 K1200LT Storm Grey Metallic (Big Girl) Traded on the 2017 RT
2001 325XI 4dr Sold
1967 2000CS Coupe (Left it in Germany)
post #11 of 12 Old Aug 28th, 2007, 5:47 am Thread Starter

I do not see an aux socket on the front panel so I assume I need to get to the rear of the Cd / radio unit. Is this easy to get too or do I have to take loads of plastic off?

thanks

Fat bikers bounce better
post #12 of 12 Old Aug 28th, 2007, 6:27 am
cws

Garage
You have to remove plastic and remove the stingray to be able to install the additional cable required if you want an "aux" input if you have an older model (pre '06, I think) radio (Professional 2000). I did it at the same time as installing the HID's and motolights, just for "fun"......

Use the search, there are some good articles explaining the procedures (look at Doug Matson's post here). It was easy to follow and works just fine.
The part you need is available off Ebay here for US $32.95, although you might be able to get it in UK. Not available in Oz.

Good luck

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in