Stupid "Which LT have I got?" question - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old Jul 29th, 2007, 8:46 pm Thread Starter

Stupid "Which LT have I got?" question

I'm thinking about trading in my '02 K1200LT on a newer BMW (K1200GT), but realized when looking at the Kelly Blue Book that I don't know if I've got an LTC, LTS, or LTwhatever. I know there's got to be a list somewhere that makes it easy to tell, but I can't find it. I've got the remote 6 CD changer, which I seem to remember meant a particular letter, but I honestly don't remember.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old Jul 29th, 2007, 8:55 pm

You need to specify if you have the chrome accents, the trip computer, heated seats, intercom...

Not sure what my 99 was; no chrome, no heated seats, but had the trip computer and CD changer.
Not sure what my 03 was either; no heated seats, and no trip computer, but it had chrome accents and CD changer.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 Old Jul 29th, 2007, 9:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg
Not sure what my 99 was; no chrome, no heated seats, but had the trip computer and CD changer.
Zippy, Your '99 was an "Icon"....

99.. no computer , chrome, or CD changer a standard..

Chris

Hiddenite NC

'99 LTi Champagne

GTHC

post #4 of 16 Old Jul 29th, 2007, 9:50 pm Thread Starter

It's got chrome accents. I don't know about the trip computer, but it has temp/mpg/miles remaining on tank/average speed on the readout. It has the CD player in the top of the tank and the remote 6 pack in the right side bag. It has heated grips and heated seats, and an AUX input on the stereo but I've never used it. I was told it had an intercom when I bought it though. It also has the jacks for the heated clothing front and back as well, if that matters.

Here's a pic if it helps

Thanks again!
post #5 of 16 Old Jul 29th, 2007, 9:53 pm

Sounds like a "custom" to me, LTC that is...

Chris

Hiddenite NC

'99 LTi Champagne

GTHC
post #6 of 16 Old Jul 29th, 2007, 9:55 pm Thread Starter

Cool, thanks. I've got a backrest as well, that should have come standard!
post #7 of 16 Old Jul 30th, 2007, 2:51 am

If you have intercom it is not an LTC, it is the next one up, whatever it was that year, but if it is, should also have a GPS I think.
post #8 of 16 Old Jul 30th, 2007, 7:18 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost55
If you have intercom it is not an LTC, it is the next one up, whatever it was that year, but if it is, should also have a GPS I think.
I've got an intercom on my '99 icon, you can buy them at purchase from dealer you know.....that's what I did, not (at least on '99) a sign of which model....

Chris

Hiddenite NC

'99 LTi Champagne

GTHC
post #9 of 16 Old Jul 30th, 2007, 10:50 am Thread Starter

It doesn't have the GPS, and I think it's only setup to have an intercom added to it. If I need it I just stick the Garmin into the tank bag with the EZ Pass :lol:
post #10 of 16 Old Jul 30th, 2007, 2:47 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost55
Gary, not sure just which year they started changing the names around, but for the first few years (99-01? 02?) there were three models: Standard; Icon; Custom. The Custom, which is what I have (2000) was the top model, and as such was the one that came with the Intercom normally. It could also be ordered up as an option on the other models as I recall.

Later on they came up with some other names for the top model, and I'm sure someone else can chime in on those names.

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #11 of 16 Old Jul 30th, 2007, 3:33 pm
was

In 2002 there were three models: Standard, Custom, and Elite. The Elite had an integrated communication system, CB radio, and Garmin GPS, along with everything on the Custom. The Custom had chrome trim, heated seat, 6-CD changer and radio/cassette player, on board computer (temp, miles remaining to empty, avg speed, avg mpg), and luggage rack with brake light. So, the question would be, is yours a Custom that was upgraded (communication system and in-dash CD player) or an Elite that lost it's GPS and CB radio? I'm guessing Custom that was upgraded, since the Elite came with a AM/FM radio-cassette. Just a guess.

See this link: http://www.motorbyte.com/mmm/pages/2...s/review49.htm

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike
post #12 of 16 Old Jul 30th, 2007, 3:45 pm

That would be the LTE model.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #13 of 16 Old Sep 17th, 2007, 3:01 pm

Icon, Standard, or...

Ok, mine is a 2001 LT with a cd player in the right case, intercomm, cassette and AM/FM radio, basic trip computer, heated grips but not seat (that I can find)...and no chrome. ??? Appreciate any advice...
post #14 of 16 Old Sep 17th, 2007, 3:37 pm
was

Hey, Tim. You will probably get more replies if you post a new thread rather than adding to the bottom of someone else's old thread. From what I can tell from your description, you have the 'Icon' model with significant optional upgrades. HTH.

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike
post #15 of 16 Old Sep 17th, 2007, 7:59 pm

What is it

Yeah, just hated to start another "What is it?" thread....I certainly can't tell by the options list. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by was
Hey, Tim. You will probably get more replies if you post a new thread rather than adding to the bottom of someone else's old thread. From what I can tell from your description, you have the 'Icon' model with significant optional upgrades. HTH.
post #16 of 16 Old Sep 17th, 2007, 8:08 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueMan
Ok, mine is a 2001 LT with a cd player in the right case, intercomm, cassette and AM/FM radio, basic trip computer, heated grips but not seat (that I can find)...and no chrome. ??? Appreciate any advice...

Sounds like you have and LT Icon that had an intercom added...

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in