Oil filler plug - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Jul 25th, 2007, 6:54 pm Thread Starter

Question Oil filler plug

I have two things to ask about , the frist one is a box in the right bag . It has plugs on it and in the glove box is a plug small like for Ipod . The next is oil filler plug . Hard to get loss , need to make a wrench to fit over it . Thanks . Dan Sorry I put on two times . Sorry

Last edited by Rabbit; Jul 25th, 2007 at 9:05 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Jul 25th, 2007, 8:20 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit
I have two things to ask about , the frist one is a box in the right bag . It has plugs on it and in the glove box is a plug small like for Ipod . The next is oil filler plug . Hard to get loss , need to make a wrench to fit over it . Thanks . Dan
Dan,
If you are referring to the "big box" in the right case it is a CD player. Not sure which year you have or if any "farkles" have been added but the connection may be for the input to an iPod or other audio device in the "oddments" box. BWM sells a specific filter wrench to remove the oil filter. Check HERE for an example
Hope this helps.

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2005 Pyrenees of France & Spain
2006 Tuscany
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 South Africa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Northern & Central Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

2019 Maritime Provinces of Canada & New England 3,500 miles

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #3 of 10 Old Jul 25th, 2007, 10:40 pm

Oil filler plug:

Shouldn't need a wrench to loosen it. Should be 'hand tight'. Thing is made outta plastic after all. So, loosen it up - then hand tighten. It just needs to not fall out on it's own. That's why it has such a beefy "o" ring on it - slight compression - it absorbs the vibrations that might work it loose.

Just for asthetics, I like to put the handle of my filler cover to vertical. Works for me!

Tate

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and

post #4 of 10 Old Jul 26th, 2007, 12:57 am

Thumbs up try the plug when engine is warm

Quote:
I have two things to ask about , the frist one is a box in the right bag . It has plugs on it and in the glove box is a plug small like for Ipod . The next is oil filler plug . Hard to get loss , need to make a wrench to fit over it . Thanks . Dan Sorry I put on two times . Sorry

I bought my bike used and the plug seemed awfully tight too. I rode the thing home and tried it again after reading the book to make sure it was the oil fill plug. Engine was still warm and the plug came loose. Good luck.

====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====
post #5 of 10 Old Jul 26th, 2007, 9:23 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernvernvern
I bought my bike used and the plug seemed awfully tight too. I rode the thing home and tried it again after reading the book to make sure it was the oil fill plug. Engine was still warm and the plug came loose. Good luck.
Yeap, Mine was a little tight when the engine was cold also.

Manny
Where is the nearest Tims?

Need to stay awake

post #6 of 10 Old Jul 26th, 2007, 5:01 pm Thread Starter

Question

Quote:
Ok I got oil filler plug out . On the box in the right side bag it has on it Blitz Safe advanced technologies made in the USA . Hope someone can tell what or how I can get help how to use . Thanks Dan
post #7 of 10 Old Jul 26th, 2007, 7:59 pm

The Blitz Safe is used to power a satellite radio. It plugs into the CD harness and allows you to use the controls on the handlebar for volume.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #8 of 10 Old Jul 26th, 2007, 10:15 pm

Thumbs up I googled Blitz Safe

Seems the Blitz Safe will make you hear an IPod like never before.

It's out of my league!

I just enjoy the CD player on every ride! If I had all those gizmos I wouldn't know which to use. LOL

Good luck.

====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====
post #9 of 10 Old Jul 27th, 2007, 9:07 am Thread Starter

Ipod plug

Quote:
Time to plug in ipod and see what will happen . Hope it will work . Dan
post #10 of 10 Old Jul 27th, 2007, 4:42 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Time to plug in ipod and see what will happen . Hope it will work . Dan
It works great , great sounds . Thanks to all . Dan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in