99 K1200lt Anti-Theft System won't deactivate - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 8:11 am Thread Starter

99 K1200lt Anti-Theft System won't deactivate

I had done a battery change, and since, have not been able to disarm the Anti-Theft system. Led, is always blinking, remote does nothing, inductive key does nothing. I disconnected the battery last night, hopeing to get the system to reset to off, but no luck. When I jump the progam wire to ground, nothing happens, because the system is armed. You can only access the program mode, with the system deactivated (unarmed).

Anyone?

This has happened once before, but I don't remember what I did, to fix it. I do remember calling the dealer, and they were no help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 11:16 am

Anti-Theft won't deactivate

In either the operator manual or technical manual of my 2002 LT there is a manual disarming procedure using the key. You have to have the PIN code from the alarm system card supplied with the bike to do it. I hade an alarm system that set all by itself in the parking lot of a H-D dealer, and I got a lot of "looks" when it went off as I got on the bike. Right - no remote with me. I was going to have someone drive 50 miles to bring me the remote, and then came across the dis-arming procedure in the manual. Hope it works for you.
Bill Jones
2002 LT "Travelor"
Crystal Lake, Il
post #3 of 7 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 11:30 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhound
In either the operator manual or technical manual of my 2002 LT there is a manual disarming procedure using the key. You have to have the PIN code from the alarm system card supplied with the bike to do it. I hade an alarm system that set all by itself in the parking lot of a H-D dealer, and I got a lot of "looks" when it went off as I got on the bike. Right - no remote with me. I was going to have someone drive 50 miles to bring me the remote, and then came across the dis-arming procedure in the manual. Hope it works for you.
Bill Jones
2002 LT "Travelor"
Crystal Lake, Il
Yeap, if you know the code I think you turn the key on alarm will go off, turn key off count flashes for firsts digit, turn key back on, turn off again count flashes for second digit, on/off count flashes until you done this through all 5 digits and it should disarm the alarm.

Manny
Where is the nearest Tims?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need to stay awake

post #4 of 7 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 11:30 am Thread Starter

Thanks, but not sure if the 99's are the same. I don't ever remember seeing a pin #, and I am looking at the factory install manual, for the anti-theft system, and it's doesn't mention, anything about a pin #. This one, is the original factory system, with a single wire, that gets grounded to enter the programming mode.

update, I was doing some continuity tests, and heard a beep. Since then, the system will let me start the bike, but I have to cycle the kill switch, or move the shift selector in and out of gear, to start it. Now the led light is always off. I'm thinking it might be toast.
post #5 of 7 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 11:38 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene
Thanks, but not sure if the 99's are the same. I don't ever remember seeing a pin #, and I am looking at the factory install manual, for the anti-theft system, and it's doesn't mention, anything about a pin #. This one, is the original factory system, with a single wire, that gets grounded to enter the programming mode.

update, I was doing some continuity tests, and heard a beep. Since then, the system will let me start the bike, but I have to cycle the kill switch, or move the shift selector in and out of gear, to start it. Now the led light is always off. I'm thinking it might be toast.

The code on my 05 is not in the manual. It is on a card that is in my wallet. I do remember mine as I have made that a point in case my wallet is locked in the bile;-)

Manny
Where is the nearest Tims?

Need to stay awake

post #6 of 7 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 12:28 pm Thread Starter

I did some digging, in my original papers, and did find a alfa numeric code. A letter, 5 digits, and another letter. This must be the code? Now how do get the system to arm again. It's off, all the time, now. No fuses blown, all connections good. hmmm
post #7 of 7 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 1:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene
I did some digging, in my original papers, and did find a alfa numeric code. A letter, 5 digits, and another letter. This must be the code? Now how do get the system to arm again. It's off, all the time, now. No fuses blown, all connections good. hmmm
Have no idea if this will help you, Gene. My '99 doesn't have an alarm, so I'm out in left field on how they operate. I just found this in the HOW pages and figgered it *might* help. Or at least give you a start on where else to look. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in