New to the Community - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 7:24 pm Thread Starter
JPS

Post New to the Community

Hi all. I am new to the community. I have been riding BMW's for some time now and enjoy them.

My current bike is a 2002 BMW K1200LT Elite. I see a lot of really nice add ons that everybody has put on their bikes here.

I plan on doing a few add-on's like, new windshield, J-pegs, and lowered foot pegs. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

I look forward to being apart of your community, thanks.

Patrick Saunders, Pres./Senior Editor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 7:39 pm

Welcome! Im in the same position with getting something to stretch out my legs. I sat on Randy's bike down in NC saturday and i thought the Highway Ottomon's felt very comfortable. You can adjust them quite a bit for your liking. Plus they are a lot cheaper. Coming home i fould the rubber on the fairing sides is very comfortable for a little while. Hope you enjoy your LT as much as me.

Only having mine for about 2 months. This weekend I learned to shift with as little clutch as possible. Makes it much nicer.

Also when i bought it, the bike was supposed to be serviced and my brake fluid looked horrible. Even if they said they did service it, I would double check it.

Neil '00 K1200LT '08 KLR
"Far away, is far away...
Only if you don't go!!!"
post #3 of 12 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 7:56 pm

Smile

Welcome to the forum

post #4 of 12 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 9:00 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS

Hi all. I am new to the community. I have been riding BMW's for some time now and enjoy them.

My current bike is a 2002 BMW K1200LT Elite. I see a lot of really nice add ons that everybody has put on their bikes here.

I plan on doing a few add-on's like, new windshield, J-pegs, and lowered foot pegs. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

I look forward to being apart of your community, thanks.

welcome to the mad house Patrick.... You might look at a set of "Mick-o-Pegs" instead or J-Pegs They let your foot hang more strieght down but.. with suport

Stevie Shreeve
post #5 of 12 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 9:36 pm

Advice... uh, too late, you are already here!! hahaha..

Welcome aboard!!!

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #6 of 12 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:49 pm

Total immersion means signing up quickly for Curve Cowboy Reunion

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

post #7 of 12 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:57 pm

Thumbs up Welcome

Been hanging around here for a little over one year. Put about 27,000 miles on my LT and got a heck of a lot of help from the guys on this sight to service my bike.

None other like it on the net that I've found.

====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====
post #8 of 12 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 9:49 am Thread Starter
JPS

Post New to the Community

Thanks for the welcomes. I only have 5800 miles on my bike right now. I hope to hook up with other Michigan BMW riders so we can at least break this bike in

post #9 of 12 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 9:53 am

That will take another 19k... get busy..not much "riding" time for youze guyz

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #10 of 12 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 9:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS
Thanks for the welcomes. I only have 5800 miles on my bike right now. I hope to hook up with other Michigan BMW riders so we can at least break this bike in
Hey Patrick,

Let's do a RTE for a Sunday breakfast or lunch. (Although this Sunday is shot.) I'm sure we can russle together some other LTers al well. I look forward to meeting you and checking out the new ride.

Matt
95 Honda Magna (sold)
97 R1100RT (sold)
00 LTc, Canyon Red "Tarkus" (sold)
01 F650GS (wifey's, sold)
01 Ducati S4 Monster "LittleOne"
04 R1150RT (turned to scrap)
99 R1100RT Tundra Green
Kalamazoo, MI
"Worry does not rob tomorrow of it's sorrow. It saps the strength of today."
post #11 of 12 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 9:24 pm
fas

Talking Welcome to the K riders

Patrick,

Welcome. If you get to OH, let me know. Rode my LT hard for four yerars then moved to the GT last summer. You can meet a lot of good people in this gang.

Rob Nelson

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.
post #12 of 12 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 9:24 pm Thread Starter
JPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Hey Patrick,

Let's do a RTE for a Sunday breakfast or lunch. (Although this Sunday is shot.) I'm sure we can russle together some other LTers al well. I look forward to meeting you and checking out the new ride.

That would be great if we could get a group together and do a breakfast ride Matt.

Rob, how do you like the GT?

This weekend is shot for me too. I have some spare time over the next few weeks, then it is a week at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes doing a film shoot with the Can-Am Renegade 800

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in