Friend selling his 05 LT,questions about the price - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:31 am Thread Starter

Friend selling his 05 LT,questions about the price

since I'm interested. It's an 05 with 6 cd changer,am/fm radio,trunk and bag liners, J-pegs cruiser pegs,driver pegs lowered and extended,Bailey windshield, putting a new rear tire on. Has 25k miles on it and has just had 24k service done. Its in pretty good condition and I know it's been well maintained....He's asking 15k$ for it. What do you think about the price??? thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:43 am

I think it is a fair price. I wouldn't sell my '05 with 23,940 miles for any less. If you can spring for and get an 'extended' warranty, do it for the peace of mind.

My bike's never towed a trailer.. which is a small consideration for the price match.

Buy it and have fun!

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:43 am

2005 with 20 k

Never pull back from an LT that is clean
I bought a 99 with 20 K without fear.
dings here and there but the smile factor was within my price range at 9500
Go for it

post #4 of 15 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 12:14 pm

I just looked at a blue 05 LT with 5800 miles in great shape with liners tank bag comm cables 6disc etc..... Dealer said they would include the 6000mile service For $15,500.

Just to give you a idea on prices.

John
post #5 of 15 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 12:23 pm

I just bought a 05 w/ 24k miles, 6 disc, 24k service, highway pegs, autocom, ce baileys windshield, piaa's for 16k. The bike is real clean. I thought it was a fair price
post #6 of 15 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 1:38 pm

Sounds like a fair price . I paid 19,995 CDN for my 05 last Oct with 33,600 klms on.

I know how but you can do the math for US dollars and Mileage.
Our dollar was not as strong last Oct.

Manny
Where is the nearest Tims?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need to stay awake

post #7 of 15 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 5:47 pm

where in w.h. are ya ? theresa bunch of us in ct. im in wallingford
post #8 of 15 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 9:11 pm

Right down the street from Chicks on the beach. The Mrs and myself took a ride over to Cliffs in Danbury to check out the LT didn't buy yet but soon .

Don't see many Beemers in West Haven nice to know there are a few around.
post #9 of 15 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:15 pm

Here's another benchmark:

In March 07, paid $14k for 2005, 8k miles, HID hi & lo, JPegs, Voice II, GPS Mount/wiring, CD changer, comfort seat, 9 mos remaining on factory warranty. Purchased from a BMW M/C dealer. Others were available in this equip/price range at various dealers I contacted.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #10 of 15 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:51 pm Thread Starter

Thanks on all the responses. I'm a little concerned about the mileage(25k) for that year and his asking price of 15k$s. I would think 14k or 13900 would be more appropriate, Anybody let me know If i'm on the right track. Don't want to shaft him but i don't take shafts well either.. Thanks again.
post #11 of 15 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 1:06 am

I though I got a smokin' deal and you guys prove I did.

2005 bought last Wednesday (7/18/07), 15,800 miles. Nothing but miniscule stone chips - and none anyplace important.

Fresh tires 2k miles ago.
All BMW options (heated everything, 6 Disk, BMW top rack, etc.)
Cee Bailey Reverse contour with wings
Autocom Pro 7 Sport with PTT, Kenwood Freespeak, radar, Garmin & Nokia Bluetooth INTERFACES (he kept the electronics and the headsets)
SmarTire
Shelf for the electronics
HID for Hi and Low
Kontour seat
Highway Ottomans
ALL service stamps and records

$13,000 flat.

My guess is I was the only bite he got, and we ratchet-jawed for 3 hours before we got to negotiating (we both kept avoiding it) - so we both liked each other.

He has 4 Harleys and needed room in his garage.

I started by offering him $12K, and he immediately countered with $13K (which I was HOPING to stay under) so I shook his hand on it.

Got financed at 7.95%.

I'm thrilled, but this thing is HUGE!

Mike
post #12 of 15 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 4:21 pm

I don't think it's worth more than 14.5. It doesn't seem to have enough extras to be worth 15. I think a dealer could get 15, but an individual would be happy with 14 I would think. I know I would.

Ghaison (Jason)
99 K1200RS Silver and Blue (Sold!)
2004 K1200LT FOR SALE!!!
Bluefield, VA
Sometimes you can get so fixated on the fact that you are right that you lose sight of the reality that it doesn't matter.
-some guy named Ghaison circa 2002

post #13 of 15 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 4:51 pm

i wont go to cliff,s but thats just me,,,,max bmw in new hampshire is an excellent dealer,,i havent been to gengras harley-bmw yet,dont be afraid to buy off the classified list here i have a lot of family in west haven grand parents lived on noble st. my cousins are still there
post #14 of 15 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 7:33 pm

I have about 6 months to shop. I just cant see taking a loan for the full amount on a 05 don't want a large payment. I will check Max BMW out.

Thanks

John
post #15 of 15 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 9:14 pm

Do your homework, try the bike out see how lovable a bike it is. And if you love it as much as most of us talk money with him. If you do not like the price try elsewhere.

That would be what I would do.

Manny
Where is the nearest Tims?

Need to stay awake

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in