Radio selection - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jul 21st, 2007, 1:57 pm Thread Starter

Radio selection

Hey all;

I had a few posts about my sound dying on the radio. I did everything you fine folks have suggested to no avail. Im waiting for a response from Becker.
I have seen alot of posts about installing Xm radio. Has anyone installed just a nice standard receiver from BestBuy or where ever? If so. Can it be wired to your handlebar controls? Something like a Alpine would be nice.

Zeke

45 years riding and still more places to see.
2002 K1200LT
2016 R1200RT
IBA # 41935
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 4:29 am

What year is the bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke
Hey all;

I had a few posts about my sound dying on the radio. I did everything you fine folks have suggested to no avail. Im waiting for a response from Becker.
I have found Becker to be uninterested. All I got from them was a list of dealers. Their dealers were unable to help because of BMWs gagging. So I dealt with my own issue (and got the frying noises back because I didn't squeeze the connectors up adequately! I bought a CD hea which was for the post 2003 bikes an not suitable for mine. So I got the Connect2 interface an now run the cassette head into a Sony minidisc changer.

As a result, I have a new CD hea for sale, together with an aux in cable shoul you be intereste an have a compatible bike..

Apologies for the lack of D in the text. I ha my classic car caught in the floods on Friay which will probably write it off. Whilst pushing the car, I looked down to see my laptop case floating

I drie it out with a hair dryer but didn't realise how little warmth was required to melt the keytops. I am also connecte to an external monitor as the laptop one has no backlight now.

Anyone have a keyboard or isplay for Acer Travelmate 290 series please?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Askwith_Rd_GL4.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	13292   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bristol_Rd_GL1.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	13293   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2009.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	13294  

Just pussin' through.

Last edited by Ajlelectronics; Jul 22nd, 2007 at 8:20 am. Reason: Picture add
post #3 of 3 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 9:31 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajlelectronics
I have found Becker to be uninterested. All I got from them was a list of dealers. Their dealers were unable to help because of BMWs gagging. So I dealt with my own issue (and got the frying noises back because I didn't squeeze the connectors up adequately! I bought a CD hea which was for the post 2003 bikes an not suitable for mine. So I got the Connect2 interface an now run the cassette head into a Sony minidisc changer.

As a result, I have a new CD hea for sale, together with an aux in cable shoul you be intereste an have a compatible bike..

Apologies for the lack of D in the text. I ha my classic car caught in the floods on Friay which will probably write it off. Whilst pushing the car, I looked down to see my laptop case floating

I drie it out with a hair dryer but didn't realise how little warmth was required to melt the keytops. I am also connecte to an external monitor as the laptop one has no backlight now.

Anyone have a keyboard or isplay for Acer Travelmate 290 series please?
I saw on the news here that you are getting a lot of the wet stuff. Over a months worth of rain in a few hours it said. Good luck

Manny
Where is the nearest Tims?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need to stay awake

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in