24K Service Kit from Beemer Boneyard? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 8:30 pm Thread Starter

Question 24K Service Kit from Beemer Boneyard?

Has anyone ever bought their 24K Service kit from Beemer Boneyard?

Was everything there that you needed?

Any other comments?

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 8:36 pm

I purchased a kit about a month ago and it had everything I needed except for the fluids. It included all of the crush washers needed as well as the the oil filter cover o-ring.

It took about a week to get to my house and cost less than $95 delivered. Will definitely be ordering again.

“Res ipsa loquitur, sed quid in infernos dicet?”

Alan Stuber
2003 K1200 LTC Titan Silver
Austin, Texas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 8:59 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuber
I purchased a kit about a month ago and it had everything I needed except for the fluids. It included all of the crush washers needed as well as the the oil filter cover o-ring.

It took about a week to get to my house and cost less than $95 delivered. Will definitely be ordering again.
Thanks, Alan!

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-

post #4 of 7 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 9:31 am

Yep, did it last week, and been putting all the parts in. Works like a champ. The oil filter is a painted Bosch, though. Some have mixed feelings about a painted filter. I put it on anyway. The fuel and air filters aren't too bad to get done, and I was able to slip the rubber fuel lines off with the clamps still intact and slip the new filter in place without replacing those. Air filter is simple, once you get to it. Going to do plugs and valve check this weekend at tech session in NC.

Easy way to get all the parts in one stop.

Randy
post #5 of 7 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 11:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rando
Yep, did it last week, and been putting all the parts in. Works like a champ. The oil filter is a painted Bosch, though. Some have mixed feelings about a painted filter. I put it on anyway. The fuel and air filters aren't too bad to get done, and I was able to slip the rubber fuel lines off with the clamps still intact and slip the new filter in place without replacing those. Air filter is simple, once you get to it. Going to do plugs and valve check this weekend at tech session in NC.

Easy way to get all the parts in one stop.

Randy
I'm not too concerned about the painted filter but that is a personal decision that each person has to make.

I would think twice about reusing the crimp-on BMW clamps on the fuel filter. There is relatively high pressure in the fuel system and if the hose comes loose, you're dead in the water. I replaced mine with the screw type when I replaced the filter. YMMV

“Res ipsa loquitur, sed quid in infernos dicet?”

Alan Stuber
2003 K1200 LTC Titan Silver
Austin, Texas

post #6 of 7 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 3:41 pm

Folks at beemerboneyard are not too long back from the national MOA gathering. I orderd my 24K while that shindig was mid-swing. They shipped my kit out day after they got back from it. Should be arriving here any day now.

Mmm, anyone else nearby need to do a 24k or something?

The Penguin farmer
(who thinks he may aughta open up a 'Big Mean Wyomgin' repair shop..

Tate

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and

post #7 of 7 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 3:54 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rando
and I was able to slip the rubber fuel lines off with the clamps still intact and slip the new filter in place without replacing those.
Don't sweat this one Randy. Yes, some have had a hose pop off. I have reused these crimp things for years. Never one has come off. If you have a good feel for the amount of resistance as the hose slides over the beaded pipe section you'll be fine. Besides, you're not that dead in the water because you know exactly where the filter is and how to get to it, as well as the time required to do so.

The same failure potential can be said for cold flow damage induced from a standard screw type hose clamp, especially those with the worm screw and slotted band.

But, I do have a couple hundred crimp type at the house if you want to replace yours. I bought these after doing my filter and acquiring some spare QD's.

Just another 2cw

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in