Ohhhh My God!!!!!!!!!!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 5:11 pm Thread Starter
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Ohhhh My God!!!!!!!!!!!

Just cant get over this thing 70 miles today after I picked her up and man what a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quiet, powerful, stable, quiet, OH yeah, I said that.

Had it on the highway and twisties and although I am not scraping pegs it will come to that I am sure.

Just a wonderful machine overall.

Way different riding then a Harley. First it rides nice as hell. seating position is good but I will need to get my feet out or down. Windshield is too tall and cutting my vision so I ordered a Cee Bailey #2 -4 in Ice Blue of course.

I need a seat and back rest and need to know if an 05 and 07 seat are the same? Corbin don't make anything after 05 and it is not on their "list" to do.

Learning the gadgets will take some time but as long as I know brake, clutch and shifter I am good to go.

Great bike and I will be out after it cools off a bit here in Pensatucky.

Looked down on the way home and was at a buck and it felt like 60. I was told to ride it the way I am going to ride, get through the gears as much as I can, vary the speed, do not lug it and do not baby it. I can do that.

If anyone has info on a seat for an 07 would appreciate that as I need to get that ordered ASAP, why are all badges the same? 20 something thousand dollar bike and they cant go to a good seat manufacturer for their seats? Guess keep the after market strong?

I guess you can tell I am a bit giddy with new ownership and don't regret letting the Road Glide go. Not sure if I would have kept it even if economics did not play such an important roll in the choice. Guess it don't matter got a clear title on its way to me so no payments and just goodies to buy. I think the Glide would have sat anyway.

Any input appreciated.

Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 5:14 pm

Congrats Lee!

Can't help ya none on the seat, but thanks for sharing the Giddy. Brings back fond memories. Just this morning again!!

Best to ya

Tate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 5:16 pm

Congrats!

I also don't have anything to add on your question as I really like my stock seat...behinds are all different

You are going to love it

post #4 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 5:21 pm

i hear ya buddy.......

picked mine up last thursday, did a 900km ride this weekend (about 550 miles).

i was all set to buy an ultra classic from harley but they kept screwing me over and over i finally pulled my deposit money and walked away.

within the 1st 50 miles i looked back at my wife smiling and saying that i was SOOOO glad i didn't buy the harley!!!!!!!

i just love this bike!!!

ps. i have the "soft touch" heated seats and they worked great!
post #5 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 5:23 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF
Just cant get over this thing 70 miles today after I picked her up and man what a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quiet, powerful, stable, quiet, OH yeah, I said that.

Had it on the highway and twisties and although I am not scraping pegs it will come to that I am sure.

Just a wonderful machine overall.

Way different riding then a Harley. First it rides nice as hell. seating position is good but I will need to get my feet out or down. Windshield is too tall and cutting my vision so I ordered a Cee Bailey #2 -4 in Ice Blue of course.

I need a seat and back rest and need to know if an 05 and 07 seat are the same? Corbin don't make anything after 05 and it is not on their "list" to do.

Learning the gadgets will take some time but as long as I know brake, clutch and shifter I am good to go.

Great bike and I will be out after it cools off a bit here in Pensatucky.

Looked down on the way home and was at a buck and it felt like 60. I was told to ride it the way I am going to ride, get through the gears as much as I can, vary the speed, do not lug it and do not baby it. I can do that.

If anyone has info on a seat for an 07 would appreciate that as I need to get that ordered ASAP, why are all badges the same? 20 something thousand dollar bike and they cant go to a good seat manufacturer for their seats? Guess keep the after market strong?

I guess you can tell I am a bit giddy with new ownership and don't regret letting the Road Glide go. Not sure if I would have kept it even if economics did not play such an important roll in the choice. Guess it don't matter got a clear title on its way to me so no payments and just goodies to buy. I think the Glide would have sat anyway.

Any input appreciated.

Lee
Congrats on the new bike!!

BTW the #2 -4 shield is only going to net you about an inch lower. If the stock was way too high I would go lower....

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #6 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 5:27 pm

Congrats Lee. It only gets better with time and miles.

As for the seat, I'm 99.9% sure that an '05 seat will fit an '07. LTs are basically broken up into 2 categories: Pre-'05 and post-'04.
post #7 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 5:37 pm

Differents seats.

I have a comfort seat made by BMW and rode to Alaska / back. No problem with the behind, but I know we all have different ones. Also Rick or Bill Myers, I think is the spelling, makes special seats.

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
Contact me 4 motor training 1&1
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (Contact me)
post #8 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 5:42 pm Thread Starter
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhudson
Congrats on the new bike!!

BTW the #2 -4 shield is only going to net you about an inch lower. If the stock was way too high I would go lower....
Well they (cee) say their stock is 24", mine is a tall I think as it measures 24", -4 will be 20" and that will be fine I think. Christ when I put it up the whole way I thought I was going into the "Cone Of Silence" on Maxwell Smart

Thanks,
Lee
post #9 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 5:45 pm Thread Starter
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Congrats Lee. It only gets better with time and miles.

As for the seat, I'm 99.9% sure that an '05 seat will fit an '07. LTs are basically broken up into 2 categories: Pre-'05 and post-'04.
Thanks for the info, it must, as another forum member has offered a Corbin he had on an 06 so I think it may be so. We will see.

Thank you,
Lee
post #10 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 5:53 pm Thread Starter
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman587
I have a comfort seat made by BMW and rode to Alaska / back. No problem with the behind, but I know we all have different ones. Also Rick or Bill Myers, I think is the spelling, makes special seats.
I guess I need to give the soft touch low seat a chance, after so many miles in the same seat it is like loosing an old friend but it may get better.

Hope to go to AZ and back next summer so I surely will know by then.

Thing on the customs is I don't want to be without a seat so not sure how to accomplish that but will look into it.

Thanks,
Lee
post #11 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 6:02 pm
Gold Supporter

Yes on the Corbin seats. I have one I took off my 05 and put on my new one.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #12 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 6:18 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF
Just cant get over this thing 70 miles today after I picked her up and man what a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... Windshield is too tall and cutting my vision so I ordered a Cee Bailey #2 -4 in Ice Blue of course.
Congratulations, Lee! We love happy new LT owners.

Regarding the windshield "cutting your vision". Um, you do know it raises up and down electrically, right? So it's in your vision in the down position, I'm assuming. I know you already ordered a new shield, but here's another option you can play with. It's actually very easy to cut a few inches off the stock shield. Tape up the area with masking tape, draw a profile on it with a sharpie, then saw off with a hand-held jig saw. You could take a little off, go for a ride, and repeat until you have it dialed in just right. Then use a file and sandpaper to smooth the cut edge. You can do all this with the shield right on the bike. Don't take off too much or you'll be losing protection when the shield is raised.

And of course, if you change your seat, that may change your view over the shield as well. I'm not sure from your post, but it sounds like you have the low seat on it? You problem may be solved by using a stock height seat.

Anyway, welcome and good riding.
-joel
post #13 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 7:18 pm Thread Starter
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog
Congratulations, Lee! We love happy new LT owners.

Regarding the windshield "cutting your vision". Um, you do know it raises up and down electrically, right? So it's in your vision in the down position, I'm assuming. I know you already ordered a new shield, but here's another option you can play with. It's actually very easy to cut a few inches off the stock shield. Tape up the area with masking tape, draw a profile on it with a sharpie, then saw off with a hand-held jig saw. You could take a little off, go for a ride, and repeat until you have it dialed in just right. Then use a file and sandpaper to smooth the cut edge. You can do all this with the shield right on the bike. Don't take off too much or you'll be losing protection when the shield is raised.

And of course, if you change your seat, that may change your view over the shield as well. I'm not sure from your post, but it sounds like you have the low seat on it? You problem may be solved by using a stock height seat.

Anyway, welcome and good riding.
-joel
Great information and food for thought for sure.

In the full down position it is just below my site line if I "sit tall in the saddle" if you know what I mean, if a go into the position the bike wants my body to sit in, it IS in my sight line.

I do know it goes up and down and man, damn BMW put one heck of a shield on the LT, I really could not BELIEVE how far it went up!

I think -4 and then raising it if I have to will work better as I do not think I will ever need the height it is now fully extended, and the "bitch" on the back can fend for herself

And Since it has been all but confirmed the 05 seat fits a 07, and a new seat and a backrest move me forward or up, I still think I can cover me enough at full height -4 with the design of the curve in the Cee I will be OK, and see above about the "bitch"

On edit: I was a glazier for 17 years of my life and I cut and flamed polished more Plexi then I want to remember. I cut my RG shield. I have just found from Using the Clear View shield (great shield and they make BMW) on my RG, the curve makes a bid difference and I want to keep the "Big Mutha Hunker" stocker to have in case something goes south, and really needed an excuse to spend some money on this SWEET ride. And hell got it in Blue to match the bike too

Lee

Last edited by LAF; Jul 17th, 2007 at 7:32 pm.
post #14 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 9:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF
----------------------------------------------
On edit: I was a glazier for 17 years of my life and I cut and flamed polished more Plexi then I want to remember. -----------------------
Just don't try flame polishing the stock shield! It is polycarbonate, not acrylic. Flame polishing, or any kind of polishing for that matter, is much tougher than with acrylic.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #15 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 9:42 pm

I ride my '05 less due to the lousy seat. Can't afford a quality one..

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #16 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 9:46 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on the new ride. I have about 9000 miles on my 2007 K1200LT and IMHO the "comfort" seat is the most miserable, uncomfortable stock motorcycle seat I've ever been on (yes, even worse than the K1100 LT I owned in the past). I thought at first it just needed to break in, but clearly it is not the seat for me. I have an August appointment with Rich's in Seattle to get it fixed. Good luck with yours!

Life happens...you control your reaction.

2017 KTM 350 EXC-F (single track monster)
2018 Honda CRF250L Rally (fun on the fire roads)
2015 R1200 RT (holy cow…what a bike)
2007 K1200 LT (sold)
2005 DR 650 (sold)
2002 Harley Ultra (sold)
1999 Harley Road King (sold)
1996 K1100 LT (sold)
1990 Honda Shadow (sold)
1978-1993 Raising Kids; Paying Mortgages
1975 Honda CB550 (sold but wish I still had)
Homemade Motor Bike (mounted a 3.5 HP Briggs & Stratton on my bicycle at age 12)
post #17 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 10:15 pm Thread Starter
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickerbiker
Congrats on the new ride. I have about 9000 miles on my 2007 K1200LT and IMHO the "comfort" seat is the most miserable, uncomfortable stock motorcycle seat I've ever been on (yes, even worse than the K1100 LT I owned in the past). I thought at first it just needed to break in, but clearly it is not the seat for me. I have an August appointment with Rich's in Seattle to get it fixed. Good luck with yours!
Not what I wanted to hear but I am a bit confused, is the Soft Touch Low a Comfort seat?

I need to have my dealer look at 05-06-07 seat part numbers as the Corbin rig is over 1200 That is flat passenger rest, passenger seat, rider seat and back rest. So if you take 400 for the back rest that is available, you are out 800 for a new seats. I am just way paranoid about that cash outlay without knowing for sure. Although on the Corbin page it does state to install their low you must modify below the seat just as if you were installing a BMW low? As Corbin told me on the phone there is NO returns.
post #18 of 36 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 10:30 pm Thread Starter
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
Just don't try flame polishing the stock shield! It is polycarbonate, not acrylic. Flame polishing, or any kind of polishing for that matter, is much tougher than with acrylic.
Either way you are just using heat to melt the cutting marks out and at that time 30 years ago we used a floor standing wet sander taking it up into 800 and 1000 grit, and we did work Lexan also. Our boss spent the money on paper mask because we cut so many patterns. On glass we would finish with cork belts to high polish after going through the grits from on some pattern cuts 80 to start, but most 120, up to 800-1600 then cork.

Now they use diamond wheels and coolant water on the glass and it is automated.

Anyway hope the CEE is all it is supposed to be, and I like it as well as what I have read on here, except for optical issues.
post #19 of 36 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 10:50 am

Hey Lee,

I know exactly what you're talking about. I picked mine up Memorial Day weekend and I still haven't gotten over it. The smile usually lasts until about Wednesday. At about 200 miles you'll start picking up horses, and the grin will really widen.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
DaleB

2007 K1200LT
post #20 of 36 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 11:38 am
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF
Looked down on the way home and was at a buck and it felt like 60.....
I guess you can tell I am a bit giddy with new ownership...
Just started my fourth year with my '03 and I still get giddy - congrats!

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

post #21 of 36 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 12:02 pm

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Just started my fourth year with my '03 and I still get giddy - congrats!
Darn it! And here I thought all that giddiness was due to me being with you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ted.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	13189  
post #22 of 36 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 12:35 pm

Quote:

Touche Joe and welcome back. I missed your candor and wit.

O. K. Upchurch III
Irvine, California

2016 R1200gs
2000 K1200LT (Best Bike #1)
1997 R1100RT (Best Bike #2)
1995 K1100LT
1990 K75RT
post #23 of 36 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 1:13 pm

CB #2-4 isn't much shorter than the stock 24"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF
Well they (cee) say their stock is 24", mine is a tall I think as it measures 24", -4 will be 20" and that will be fine I think. Christ when I put it up the whole way I thought I was going into the "Cone Of Silence" on Maxwell Smart

Thanks,
Lee
I, too, went from the stock 24" to the Cee Baileys #2-4. Even though the -4 is from a 24" "baseline", the recurve of the #2 shield makes it stick up higher in your line of sight. I did some careful measuring and posted the results in this thread. I think you'll find that the -4 will be slightly, but not much, lower than your stock shield.

You can still cut off the bottom of your #2-4, and re-drill the holes...as others here have also done, to get a -5 or -6. Although, the -4 suits me perfect and I'm a tad under 5'-9".

Dave

'03 K1200LT-C Dark Graphite
'96 Triumph Sprint 900 British Racing Green (traded)
'95 Yamaha Virago 750 Pearl/Black (sold)
post #24 of 36 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 1:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF

Thanks,
Lee

If you have a 24" high shield on a 2007 it is the "high" version...the one that was standard on the 99-04 bikes. The "standard" shield on the '05-07 bikes is the old "Euro" shield which is about 3 inches shorter. You may find the shorter BMW shield works better for you. Also the Vstream from Z-technik has exactly the same center height (line of vision) as the stock short shield, but higher sides for better aerodynamics.

Duane
Mag Black 2006 LT

Three loves - motorcycles, good wine, and contrabassoon...none of which mix. Engineer by day to pay for them all.
post #25 of 36 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 5:14 pm Thread Starter
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweintechnik
I, too, went from the stock 24" to the Cee Baileys #2-4. Even though the -4 is from a 24" "baseline", the recurve of the #2 shield makes it stick up higher in your line of sight. I did some careful measuring and posted the results in this thread. I think you'll find that the -4 will be slightly, but not much, lower than your stock shield.

You can still cut off the bottom of your #2-4, and re-drill the holes...as others here have also done, to get a -5 or -6. Although, the -4 suits me perfect and I'm a tad under 5'-9".
Well then at 5' 11" the -4 should be perfect for me.

But sitting down sight line is not inseam, but body height.

And yes what I have is the "Tall".

Sight line is subjective I think.

I wear sport goggles with bifocals and I did not pay to have "no line" and that may be part of it also. But was no problem on DA Glide, but not near the coverage (height) either.

Now throw the new Corbin rig into the mix and who knows how it is going to shake out.

Jpegs and another posture, and a new sight line to assume.

I will get it sorted out with all the help from this forum's great members.

Thank you,
Lee

Last edited by LAF; Jul 18th, 2007 at 5:24 pm.
post #26 of 36 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 8:57 pm Thread Starter
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Just went out for another quick 70 and ran some roads I know well. WHAT a bike.

First off after reading some shift point threads I wanted to make sure I am in very high 3's to mid 4's on shifting. This bike is an animal in the 5-6500 range. I do love the power of the 4.

I am sure some purists is going to say my God son you haven't even broken the bike in yet and are running it hard. Well I was TOLD to! I was told that since the motors are pre run on Dynos, what am I going to do to it? Out of the mouth of the man who is going to service my bike. I trust this man so will run it pretty hard, have not even been close to red line and from six grand to 8 grand in fifth gear on a strait, it is a long way up there to that 8 number

I think I can used to this with some of the things I have coming. The shield is a problem but I may need to adjust to the new position of riding this puts you in, or at least for me.

Did I mention the seat sucks for me? Damn pretty, but I should have ordered the Corbin a month ago

I am having a little trouble getting used to the clutch release and feel, but it was better tonight then coming home yesterday. I am having a bit of trouble getting clean shifts, not getting the throttle closed fast enough for the clutch actuation. Sure I will get it as it, and I, break in. Probably a "Harley Habit" I have to break, and re-learn

I am getting used to stopping and going and that is really not as bad as some complain here, but it put a bug a boo on me so I have a little thing about it. First off from boards to pegs again is a big curve. My above mentioned clutch self induced issues, and then the girth of the bike, made me a bit leery of stop and go, but I will get it.

Also my bike has Metzler's on it so is this the reason for increased pressures I see stated here? I got all but 13,000 out of my last rear on a Metz 880 keeping it at 48-50, the front looked new keeping it at 38-40. Should I follow suite on the LT?

The thing I like the best is the handling it is pretty forgiving and it will allow you to correct with very little effort going in or out of your lines through and out corners. I just need more time in the saddle ( did I mention this one hates my butt) and to become one with the bike.

It is a big jump from a Harley Road Glide to an LT and will take a lot more miles until I trust me enough to ride the bike correctly to it's style and potential. I am giving her hell though...........
post #27 of 36 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 10:02 pm
Ted

Quote:
It WOULD literally be "brokeback" with you, big fella...

Try to behave this weekend :-)

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

post #28 of 36 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 1:23 am

Lee,
What year was your Roadglide? I have been riding one since 2004, and just bought a 05 LT in May. Love the bike, but have thus far held on to my HD. Two different rides!! What was the deciding factor for you to part with the HD? Regards....Dana in Olympia, WA
post #29 of 36 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 6:18 am Thread Starter
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpotis
Lee,
What year was your Roadglide? I have been riding one since 2004, and just bought a 05 LT in May. Love the bike, but have thus far held on to my HD. Two different rides!! What was the deciding factor for you to part with the HD? Regards....Dana in Olympia, WA
I think I was just tired of it. The noise, the vibration, just rode Harley's for a long time and wanted to try something different. The BMW is really a whole other animal. I did not want a Wing or a Ymahauler so it really leaves the BMW. It really is a 21st Century bike and the refinement is just all there. Also I just followed one for 1200 miles down in Cass in West VA, and on those roads my RG was fun but a BMW is funner. I worked too hard on the RG compared to the BMW in all aspects of riding. The suspension on these is just outstanding.

Of course I did not want a payment so I needed to deal on the Glide. Not having all the money you want sucks!

Of course I underestimated what I would need to make this bike comfortable All but 2000 more for the full Corbin rig, the CB #2 -4 shield and JPegs. I am all out of spending money and have depleted my savings to my "never drop below" point.

I just really don't have the time to have more then one bike, or want to make the financial commitment to a "stable" of bikes, I can only ride one at a time

I don't regret it a bit.
post #30 of 36 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 6:34 am

Sheepskin on the seat bud - cheap, but does the job - will also raise you up a little

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

post #31 of 36 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 11:33 am

J-peg tips

Didn't catch if you ordered J-pegs or not. I just put a set on my bike yesterday and tried 'em out for the first time today. When you come over, you can try mine out if you want (not sure now that I've got 'em if I shoulda gotten the XL version instead).

Also cutting the large hole in the bottom of the plastic wings was tricky and not as clean as I would have liked. Now that I've done it once, I could do a much better job the next time - so getting a looksee at mine might help you out with yours.

Dave

'03 K1200LT-C Dark Graphite
'96 Triumph Sprint 900 British Racing Green (traded)
'95 Yamaha Virago 750 Pearl/Black (sold)
post #32 of 36 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 11:46 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweintechnik
Didn't catch if you ordered J-pegs or not. I just put a set on my bike yesterday and tried 'em out for the first time today. When you come over, you can try mine out if you want (not sure now that I've got 'em if I shoulda gotten the XL version instead).

Also cutting the large hole in the bottom of the plastic wings was tricky and not as clean as I would have liked. Now that I've done it once, I could do a much better job the next time - so getting a looksee at mine might help you out with yours.
Two things... +1 on the XL version.... and a Dremmel tool... Makes for one fine installation as you can "fine tune" the wings...

Uncle Mark

BMW '06' 1200LT "Wild Blue"

BMWMOA Member #127457
Honda CX500 Custom - RIP '00'

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

post #33 of 36 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 11:50 am

Question

Quote:
LTs are basically broken up into 2 categories: Pre-'05 and post-'04.
Huh??? Joe, is this new math??? That would be a very short time period!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #34 of 36 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 12:21 pm

Smile

I have an 06 LT with a seat made by KonTour. I believe you can find the manufacturer here on this site. I can truly state this seat lets me ride 1000 mile days without any monkeybutt at all. It's the first seat I can claim that is that good and I've had every single one of the other aftermarket seats out there.

In June I put three, 1000 mile days together and the only part of me that didn't hurt was my butt!

I also have a Cee Bailey +2 -4 windshield and I love it. My only complaint is that the farther I raise it from the lowest position, the more unstable the bike becomes at high speeds. I know I'll catch some flak from members of this site but, sometimes I like to ride over 125 miles per hour to keep up with my buddies on their crotch rockets. Over 90 mph, the bike starts shivering in the front end and it really rocks and rolls around the 125 mph mark with the shield up. I lower it all the way down and the machine starts to become more civil.
post #35 of 36 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 12:27 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg
Huh??? Joe, is this new math??? That would be a very short time period!
I nearly said 'My '05 is a post 04' but it sounds Irish (but how else do you describe the '05 model coming out in '04 (I'm going for a lie down )).

• 2005 LT - 17 countries, 2 CONTINENTS & counting !
  • MB SLK 350 MT
  • 1974 Triumph Bonneville 750

post #36 of 36 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 12:28 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocityguy
I have an 06 LT with a seat made by KonTour. I believe you can find the manufacturer here on this site. I can truly state this seat lets me ride 1000 mile days without any monkeybutt at all. It's the first seat I can claim that is that good and I've had every single one of the other aftermarket seats out there.

I know I'll catch some flak from members of this site but, sometimes I like to ride over 125 miles per hour to keep up with my buddies on their crotch rockets.
Seat threads are like oil threads, they can be very volatile. Butt, I have to agree with you on the Kontour. I loves it.

Since GT doesn't stand for "grammaw's truck" I don't have a problem with the 125mph thang.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in