A couple of suggestions, comments...
1. Check the build date from the VIN numbers (enter the last 7 digits from the VIN here
). Note that its in German, but just copy/paste the info it gives you to a translator
and select the language (German to English). My "late 05" new purchase was an April 04 build date.
2. The "05's" didn't come with the Xenon headlights, that was an 06 change. Aftermarket HID's fix that (see Fashtek group buy posts).
3. I dont believe you can turn off the ABS linked brakes (plenty of posts about it before).
4. Check the rear brake rotors, they should have a slight amount of movement. Several have been replaced due to excessive movement and therefore premature brake wear. The rear brakes are also prone to being very noisy.
5. Check for any leaks under the bike and rear drive, if any sign of leaks, note where its coming from and check back in here with questions, lots of good info on wear problems (there have been some early clutch issues on 05's).
6. As far as all the extras go, its sounds like someones already done a lot of work for you, if you're happy with the way its been done. And the extra 10-12k on the clock really is nothing.
Good luck whichever way you go.
...and as far as using Safari, check in your preferences, there's a lot of little boxes there you may need to tick! The smilies should appear on the RH side of your text column when you reply to a post.