Life Span of the LT? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 3:17 pm Thread Starter

Life Span of the LT?

I had back about six years ago or so a K1200LT that was a beautiful bike and I had visions of my wife and I traveling on it. Well at the time she didn't really want to ride. I have since been on a R1200Rt and it's a great bike but I miss the luxury of the LT or a Goldwing. I think she is now ready to start riding again longer distances etc. I am tempted to go back to a new or late model LT. I am in no hurry and my question is how much longer is BMW going to produce the LT in the current configuration? I picked up a rumor somewhere that 08 might be the end of the production of the bike. Just wondering if anyone has any insight on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 4:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by drodg
Just wondering if anyone has any insight on it.
Many will tell you that the 'new & improved' LT will be released as an '09 model, but nobody knows for sure. If you're looking now, I wouldn't wait for the new model. Buy an '06 or '07 and go see the world.
post #3 of 8 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 8:58 am

There will be another version of the LT. When and what it will be is an open question. The main focus now is on an in line 6. Whatever it turns out to be will be different. If you like the current one, get one and when you have had it for a while maybe the new version will be out and you can trade then if you like the new and if not you will already have an excellent one.

post #4 of 8 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 9:02 am

Talking new model

And as we all know, you never buy the first year of anything. This gives the manufacturer time to work out all the bugs. The second year always has some fancy upgrades and modifications. So buy one now or wait 2 to 4 years!

Craig

2000 K1200LTC "Little Turd"
2001 Harley Softail Deuce "Ground Pounder"
BMWMOA #113448
post #5 of 8 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 4:25 pm Thread Starter

I was more concerned about them doing away with the model. I had read that somewhere, might have been on the Bmw RT forums. I would then be concerned about resale value. Thanks for the input.
post #6 of 8 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 6:28 pm

Like Joe said,, If they have a model that you like now then by all means go test drive it and then buy it..... This waiting thing could make it to where you never get one.........Think of it,, next month you fall over dead and never get to enjoy a new LT.............Pete
post #7 of 8 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 6:38 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I what context?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drodg
I was more concerned about them doing away with the model. I had read that somewhere, might have been on the Bmw RT forums. I would then be concerned about resale value. Thanks for the input.
Less demand (due to a glut) = lower resale. It's an awesome bike. When they're scarce the resale will go up. Just my $0.02.
Jer

Jerry Palma
99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 5)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
97 K1100LT Aspen Silver Night High Line 'Silver Knight'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
85 R80RT 'Lady in Red'
08 535xi Space Gray metallic
09 328i Silver Convertable
17 X3 Glacier Silver metallic

BMWMOA #157323 / ABC #11368 -- All-in-all a newbie!

I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!
post #8 of 8 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 10:36 pm Thread Starter

thanks for the input.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in