Anyone parting out a K1200LT? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 6:30 pm Thread Starter

Anyone parting out a K1200LT?

I just slid out after pulling away from a stop sign. I thought it was water but it must have been oil or grease. I need a new left front footpeg and front footpeg plate(both chrome) if anyone has one they are parting out. Combined price new $400.00.
Thanks,
Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 7:12 pm

try www.cyclesrecycled.com, they might be able to help
post #3 of 8 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 9:10 pm

Another used parts source

http://www.beemerboneyard.com/

foot pegs:
http://www.beemerboneyard.com/footpegs.html

mounts:
http://www.beemerboneyard.com/fopl.html

Last edited by CharlieVT; Jul 13th, 2007 at 9:16 pm.

post #4 of 8 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 10:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlessfrank
I just slid out after pulling away from a stop sign. I thought it was water but it must have been oil or grease. I need a new left front footpeg and front footpeg plate(both chrome) if anyone has one they are parting out. Combined price new $400.00.
Thanks,
Frank
Hey, Frank - sorry to hear 'bout the fall; glad you weren't hurt (you weren't, right?!?!). Lissen, PM Edgar Tanner (eatanner) about the footpeg stuff. He's still parting out his old LT. Right now, he's in Houston, butt I'll be chatting with him sometime tomorrow, at Andy's gig for Wolfgang. I'll mention what your looking for and see what happens.

BTW - you prolly will do this anyway, butt give the shift linkage a real close going over, since that is the side that met the asphalt!!

Good luck, Frank.
post #5 of 8 Old Jul 14th, 2007, 1:50 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Hey, Frank - sorry to hear 'bout the fall; glad you weren't hurt (you weren't, right?!?!). Lissen, PM Edgar Tanner (eatanner) about the footpeg stuff. He's still parting out his old LT. Right now, he's in Houston, butt I'll be chatting with him sometime tomorrow, at Andy's gig for Wolfgang. I'll mention what your looking for and see what happens.

BTW - you prolly will do this anyway, butt give the shift linkage a real close going over, since that is the side that met the asphalt!!

Good luck, Frank.
Thanks Dick. I haven't spoken with Dr. Ed in quite a while. I wondered if he still had his wrecked LT. No wasn't injured. Just got a little dirty sliding in the slick spot. I tried Beemerboneyard, they don't have the parts I need listed for sale. I guess those particular parts are in demand. They did send me an email back that they would look for them after they returned from the rally they're at.
post #6 of 8 Old Jul 14th, 2007, 10:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlessfrank
Thanks Dick. I haven't spoken with Dr. Ed in quite a while. I wondered if he still had his wrecked LT. No wasn't injured. Just got a little dirty sliding in the slick spot. I tried Beemerboneyard, they don't have the parts I need listed for sale. I guess those particular parts are in demand. They did send me an email back that they would look for them after they returned from the rally they're at.
Yo - Frank. I spoketh with the good Dr. this afternoon, at Andy's backyard gig for Wolfgang. Edgar is pretty sure he's got whatcha need. Fact is, he thinks he has both sides, butt knows you only need the left. I think he's staying in Houston for this weekend, so prolly won't get back to San Antonio and verify that the items are in his storage unit, until early in the week. If you pinged him, then he'll be reminded to take care of bidness!! Good luck, Frank. Glad you weren't on the injured list!!
post #7 of 8 Old Jul 14th, 2007, 11:48 pm

Frank check your classified ad, you've got a couple leads there.
post #8 of 8 Old Jul 15th, 2007, 9:00 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Yo - Frank. I spoketh with the good Dr. this afternoon, at Andy's backyard gig for Wolfgang. Edgar is pretty sure he's got whatcha need. Fact is, he thinks he has both sides, butt knows you only need the left. I think he's staying in Houston for this weekend, so prolly won't get back to San Antonio and verify that the items are in his storage unit, until early in the week. If you pinged him, then he'll be reminded to take care of bidness!! Good luck, Frank. Glad you weren't on the injured list!!
I found the parts I need through a member here. I am amazed at the willingness to help by our members. There are good people everywhere but no other group compares to this one. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in