In Need of J&MCB 2003 install help - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 8:37 am Thread Starter

Question In Need of J&MCB 2003 install help

I am now the proud second owner of a beautiful and well kept 2005 K1200LT. Have put 600 miles on it in two rides with my lady friend up and it is wonderfull. Turns a lot of heads too.

The previous owner had installed a JMCB 2003 and a Roady XM. BUT not all is well. My excitement and enthusiasm has me in trouble.

First - the BMW audio system - am/fm and cd are not harnessed into the JM. AND it has been very difficult to get any info from JM with regard to what cable and more importantly what part of the radio harness does one tap into to make the system connected??? As those who know the BMW radio has a single harness out that splits into three smaller out feeds with plugs at their end.

Second - to save a long story - I had to purchase new head sets and cables to make the helmets work and even at this still have a right side issue with no audio????

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has plowed this ground.

Looking forward to many more rides and tours and joining in the fun with all the nice Beemer afficianados. The panhead and knucklehead bobbers are warm and cozy but parked for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 10:17 am

The J&M taps in to the rear speaker wires under the passenger seat. I may still have my install instructions at home but, I'm at work in Africa for another week. If you don't find help by then, I can check when I get home & if I still have it, I'll send it to you.
post #3 of 5 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 10:32 am

Here you go:
http://www.jmcorp.com/JMCB-2003_instructions.pdf

You may have to order the
J&M #FGA-290 adaptor if it's not there. I should have came with the system. J & M, & Sierra Electronics both are known for great customer service. You can use either the front or rear speaker wires, for me the rear was easier.

post #4 of 5 Old Jul 28th, 2007, 8:19 am Thread Starter

J&M compatibility

Thanks for your input. Could you elaborate on the hook up? My confusion comes into play when you see that there are several plugs that confuse the issue.

Someone mentioned to fade the speakers to the back and tap in. The bundle of wires are very scary.

Your input appreciated.

Jim
post #5 of 5 Old Jul 28th, 2007, 10:39 pm

Garage
I don't know if this will help you, but I have the same CB2003 and when I bought it, I was told by Sierra Electronics that in order to hear my factory radio/CD, I would need an Autocom Part 67, which taps into the rear speakers and then plugs into the cable marked M on the diagram using the N cable. My Part 67 has a male 3.5mm plug connected to cable N via a female to female 3.5mm coupler. So far, it works great. My only problem is that when I tried to plug my Garmin 2820 into the same cable using a splitter, all I heard was noise. Must be a grounding issue, so for now the GPS is silent. In any case, call Sierra and they should be able to help you. Otherwise, you can e-mail John Lazzeroni ([email protected]) at J&M and he should be able to help you as well. I'm told he's the BMW guru when it comes to CB's. Good luck.

Joe
05 Ocean Blue LT "Mein Byk"
14 Rolls Royce Ghost
16 GLE 63 S
99 CLK 320 Cabriolet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in