Biltmore House - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old May 28th, 2007, 6:21 pm Thread Starter

Biltmore House

Is anyone traveling to NC for the rally in June at Biltmore?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R1200GSA
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

K1200LTC
Tony Quick
Sanford, NC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old May 28th, 2007, 8:52 pm

My wife and I are planning on being on the grounds Saturday 6/9. There was an earlier post to check interest by forum members in a get together, didn't get much air time.

Let's try again.

Anyone like to try a place and time meet at the RA rally? Maybe even in Asheville if not wanting to pay the price of admission to the Biltmore property.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #3 of 22 Old May 28th, 2007, 9:02 pm

Unhappy

From what I heard on the last Biltmore get-together ,things didnt go so well.

post #4 of 22 Old May 28th, 2007, 9:52 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcanup
What does that mean?
I've pre-registered.

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #5 of 22 Old May 28th, 2007, 11:24 pm

My wife and I are going. As far as "the last time" comment goes, that was not a national club rally. (and it basically fell apart but was sort of held anyways)

The RA rally will be excellent.

'07 - R1200RT Slippery Silver

MOA #107139
RA #28511

Past rides:
'03 R1150RT - MAXed out
'03 K1200LTC - Gone to the Darko side
'00 Kawasaki Concours - Buzz
'71 Honda SL350 - The original dual-sport
'72 Kawasaki 250 triple - The smoking gun
'67 Montgomery Wards 125 - Thrashed to death
post #6 of 22 Old May 29th, 2007, 6:09 am

My wife and I are going too. So are a lot of people from our local Cleveland BMW Club. If you go to the RA site you will see that are a lot of preperations going on and it should be an excellent rally. Price is right for three days of unlimited access to the estate and a major BMW rally.

Post a place and time for a get together and we'll try to attend.

Carl

Euclid, Ohio
2003 Silver LTE
1971 HD XLH Sportster
post #7 of 22 Old May 29th, 2007, 7:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcanup
What he is referring to is an event put on by BMW NA not BMW RA. In my experience BMW RA does an excellent job and I'll withhold comment on BMW NA

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

post #8 of 22 Old May 29th, 2007, 10:02 am

My wife and I are planning on being there along with several friends from Indiana. We will be camping on the grounds.
post #9 of 22 Old May 29th, 2007, 10:35 am

We will be arriving on Thursday. We are meeting up with the Chromeheads on Saturday morning but we may be able to get together with the LT group if someone recommends a place and time.
Dave

Dave Fuchs
2005 K1200LT
2001 R1200C (wife's)
1985 KLR 250
2002 John Deere 4110
1946 Piper J-3
IBA# 42191
post #10 of 22 Old May 29th, 2007, 5:48 pm

We will be there Thursday afternoon. We will be there with our young ones ( 7 and 9) and the wife's Harley.
post #11 of 22 Old May 29th, 2007, 8:17 pm

Kinda tough to come up with a good meet place. Let me throw this out there.

How about 4 PM Saturday 6/9 at the outdoor Bistro diner at the winery on the property. It's a nice place for some hor'dourves. May even be some music. For those not familiar with the winery area, see the RA map http://www.bmwra.org/rally/arrive.html
for location. Depending on where they're parking bikes you walk right past the outdoor bistro area on the way to the winery gift shop.

I'll have on my Motorrad ball cap and CCR '06 shirt.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #12 of 22 Old May 30th, 2007, 5:45 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlesj

How about 4 PM Saturday 6/9 at the outdoor Bistro diner at the winery on the property. It's a nice place for some hor'dourves. May even be some music. For those not familiar with the winery area, see the RA map http://www.bmwra.org/rally/arrive.html
for location. Depending on where they're parking bikes you walk right past the outdoor bistro area on the way to the winery gift shop.

I'll look for you. I'll bring my pet bull (Avatar)!

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #13 of 22 Old May 30th, 2007, 1:32 pm

My wife and I will be camping on the grounds. Sounds like it will be a good time. We will be arriving Wednesday evening for S. Florida.
post #14 of 22 Old May 30th, 2007, 5:37 pm

As I understand it, some folks from the Biltmore tried to pull off a rally and called at BMW rally without any idea of what they were doing and without any BMW support. With BMW RA putting on the rally, just go and have a good time. You won't regret it.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #15 of 22 Old Jun 1st, 2007, 9:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
As I understand it, some folks from the Biltmore tried to pull off a rally and called at BMW rally without any idea of what they were doing and without any BMW support. With BMW RA putting on the rally, just go and have a good time. You won't regret it.
What happened was that BMW NA decided to put on a rally at the Biltmore and pretty late in the game they pulled out and instead of cancelling altogether, the Biltmore folks held it on their own. I'm not sure what happened but there were no vendors present. Considering they knew nothing about motorcycle rallies I think they did a pretty good job. It rained nearly the entire time and that didn't help either.

The weather looks good for this trip and we are looking forward to going. See you there!
post #16 of 22 Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 3:01 pm

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlesj

Sounds like a plan. I will have on a Blue Motorrad hat and some sort of BMW T-shirt. (that should REALLY make me stand out!)

'07 - R1200RT Slippery Silver

MOA #107139
RA #28511

Past rides:
'03 R1150RT - MAXed out
'03 K1200LTC - Gone to the Darko side
'00 Kawasaki Concours - Buzz
'71 Honda SL350 - The original dual-sport
'72 Kawasaki 250 triple - The smoking gun
'67 Montgomery Wards 125 - Thrashed to death
post #17 of 22 Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 5:18 pm

I'll be there Wednesday.

Greg and Melanie

06 BMW K12LT "WANDRR"
05 DL1000 "WNDRR2"
02 Triumph Trophy 1200 "WNDRR3", in Heidelburg

WANDRR Motorcycle Tours
wandrrmotorcycletours.com
BMWMOA, BMWMOAL, IBA, MTF

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RIDE
post #18 of 22 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:58 am

Thumbs up

I'll be there with the wife and 2 kids. She rides a black Harley Sportster. Looking forward to a fun weekend. Don't forget to make a trip to Maggie Valley to visit the Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum. My daughter and I were there a couple of months ago and it is a really cool place. You smell gas and oil as soon as you enter!
post #19 of 22 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:27 pm Thread Starter

Oh well

Hello everyone,
When I posted this thread, I had planned to attend the rally in Asheville, however I have had to change my planes. My son's 21st birthday is on Thursday and because he is in summer school, we can't celebrate until Saturday. Have a great weekend and maybe our paths will cross again.
Be safe................

R1200GSA

K1200LTC
Tony Quick
Sanford, NC
post #20 of 22 Old Jun 4th, 2007, 9:36 am

Just For A Day

What does it cost to stop by and check out the vendors? I may just swing up for the day on Friday and not camp but would like to check out the vendors.
post #21 of 22 Old Jun 4th, 2007, 10:48 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferggie
What does it cost to stop by and check out the vendors? I may just swing up for the day on Friday and not camp but would like to check out the vendors.
I can't get an answer on this. The rally cost is higher due to Biltmore house access. Total for the rally $67. I tried to contact RA via e-mail and phone last couple weeks and no response. Regular rally fees are around $30.

I have annual passes to the Biltmore and can come and go as I please. What I don't know is if I will be allowed access to the rally area. I know they issue arm bands but I think that is for access to the property and house.

One day access to the house and grounds without rally tickets is $38 Mon-Thur and $42 Fri-Sun.

I could not find a reduced rally fee for one days etc.

Hope this helps some.

Oh yea, I'm going Saturday. If you want to hook up and enter together, I can get you a 10% discount on the Biltmore entry - makes it $37.50. You probably go right past my house off I 40.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #22 of 22 Old Jun 4th, 2007, 10:52 am

Thanks John

Thanks for the feed back. I would like to stop by but I don't really feel like dropping almost $70 bucks just to see what the vendors have to offer. I would be riding up by myself so it is not like I would have others with me to eat and chill or tour the house again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in