Zumo & Scala Rider Team Set - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old May 28th, 2007, 4:29 pm Thread Starter

Zumo & Scala Rider Team Set

Someone here asked that I post about the Zumo/Scala setup I recently purchased. Here it is........

The Zumo mounted to the original Garman mount that I used with the SP-III. The only extras I need to buy were four longer screws for the mount. The power wire supplied by Garmin only needed a pair of connectors for the blade connectors used by the dash light. Even removing the windshield & dash cover to get at the wiring, the install took less than an hour.

The bluetooth between the Zumo & the Scala set linked first try & works great.
The voice commands are clear & loud enough for all but the noisiest places. Even with high wind noise & semi trucks on both sides of you you can hear that the GPS has information for you. If the noise prevents you from hearing the info, it's on the screen.

The Zumo is fast at recalculating, easy to use, & contains all the information I've needed so far. The USB cable makes downloads from the computer a breeze.

The weakest link in the system is the intercom between rider & passenger. It works better than I expected, but it is still a little weak on volume. The GPS takes precedence over the intercom & you have to talk loud enough to restart the com link to get it back. Other than that the system is all it's advertised to be.

Jinks ('86fxrs, '07 FLTR)

Remember, "No good deed goes unpunished"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old May 28th, 2007, 7:38 pm

Thanks Jinks. I have been waiting for the reports to come in as this may be my next upgrade (probably next year though) as I already have the Scala Rider and have been very happy with it.

Randy

2000 Canyon Red "Crimson Cruiser"
40,000 miles grinning, and counting....
BMWMOA # 131660
post #3 of 3 Old May 29th, 2007, 4:18 am Thread Starter

If you're already happy with your Scala then you'll be very pleased with the Zumo addition. That part of the system works better than the intercom.

Jinks ('86fxrs, '07 FLTR)

Remember, "No good deed goes unpunished"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in