Need Help! Near Boston...need tire valve. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old May 28th, 2007, 12:59 pm Thread Starter

Need Help! Near Boston...need tire valve.

I'm in Scituate MA, south of Boston and the valve stem on my rear wheel is leaking. I can't find anyone open today that can unmount the tire and install a new valve stem. Can anyone provide any suggestions on where to get this fixed. I'm supposed to be heading back to Syracuse this afternoon.

Thanks,
Kevin

1999 K1200LT, patiently waiting for a new model.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Slave Cylinder Procedure->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old May 28th, 2007, 1:24 pm
was

Kevin, call me at 203-248-6092. I've got the BMWMOA book open, I can call folks in the area to ask about where to go.

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike
post #3 of 7 Old May 28th, 2007, 2:02 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the help Bill.

Does anyone know what type of valve stem I need for the LT? Assuming I can find someone to change the tire I want to make sure I find a valve stem that will work. Is it the same as a auto wheel?

Thanks,
Kevin

post #4 of 7 Old May 28th, 2007, 2:25 pm
was

Kevin, this thread has the information you need on the valve stem. Sounds like people have been able to buy them at Pep Boys and other generic auto parts stores as long as they get the right size for the hole in the wheel.

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthre...ght=valve+stem

Bill
Guilford, CT
post #5 of 7 Old May 29th, 2007, 6:00 am Thread Starter

I wanted to give a huge thank you to Bill for helping me find someone to fix my valve stem on Memorial Day! I really appreciate the effort. Also, I owe a huge thanks to Jeff Lord in Plymouth MA. I picked up some replacement valve stems at Advance Auto and Jeff removed my tire for me so I could install the new valve.

I made it home to Syracuse a little after midnight. The good part about driving late was that the traffic was pretty light

Thanks for your help guys.
Kevin

P.S. Jeff just finished a three year restoration on a 1959 R2 (I think that is what he said it was)......WOW, that bike is very nice!!!!

post #6 of 7 Old May 29th, 2007, 6:55 am
was

Glad that it all worked out, Kevin. Kudos to Jeff from me as well. I called about 15 people in Mass out of the MOA Anonymous book, but 14 were not home. Jeff was, and as a member of the BMW motorcycle community he swung into action. What a great community this is, where a stranger will help a stranger if he or she can, knowing that one day he or she may be needing help as well.

Bill
Guilford, CT
post #7 of 7 Old May 29th, 2007, 7:09 am Thread Starter

Bill,

The event inspired me to finally get around to joining the BMWMOA. I have been going to do this for the past year but just never did it. I have now joined and hope to be able to help another rider out sometime in the future.

Jeff is a great guy and it was nice to meet him.

Thanks again,
Kevin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in