Installed floorboards and heal-toe shifter - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old May 25th, 2007, 6:57 am Thread Starter

Installed floorboards and heal-toe shifter

I'm all fixed up. And boy does it feel great!

I ordered the heal-toe shifter from Buckskin and the driver floorboards with extenders from dodk64 [ http://www.dodk64.com/index.html ].

Received both orders fast, installation was easy on both products and fit and finish was SUPERB on both products. What's amazing is how well both products work well together. Especially being designed by two different men in opposite parts of the country. I thank them both for the inventions.

If you are moving from a cruiser. like I did, with floorboards and heal-toe shifter, these products are to be desired. It will make your transition to the LT much easier. As an added benefit, the lowered floorboards allow more clearance for my ankles when I put my feet down at a stop. Pleasant suprise indeed.

Top view

Side view in black & white for clarity

K1200LT
Concours 14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old May 25th, 2007, 10:27 am

Sounds and looks good. I don't miss my floorboards as much as I thought. In fact, the pegs give me more adjustment angles for differing body positions. However, I really do miss the heel toe. This may be a farkle in my future.
post #3 of 9 Old May 26th, 2007, 8:49 pm

Glad You Like The Floorboards

I am very pleased that you are satisfied with your floorboasrds and toe-heel shifter big_ed. buck has made a great product and i feel my floorboards work excellent along side. you also paid less for both than just the floorboards from some other dealers out there. not bad. ,huh? Enjoy your boards and i appreciate the kind works.it makes it all worth it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old Aug 12th, 2008, 11:48 pm

Thumbs up Re: Installed floorboards and heal-toe shifter

Where do we get the heel and toe shifter? and can it be used without the floor boards, just the pegs?

I would love the floor boards BUT I am short and the LT is tall. Do you think I will have a problem with reaching the ground with the boards?

I have just started this year with a weak left ankle (DROP FOOT MILD) BUT some days shifting is real painful. I need these products.

Any help would be appriciated,
Thanks,
Gary M.
Colorado
post #5 of 9 Old Aug 13th, 2008, 10:33 am

Re: Installed floorboards and heal-toe shifter

The floorboards aren't going to make the ground further from the saddle so they shouldn't make it harder to reach the ground!

(If the serious question is whether they'll get in the way of your ankles, that seems to depend on the person. They don't for me; I suppose they might, depending on how far forward you sit in the saddle, but they might also clear space that otherwise is occupied by the stock pegs. But that all depends on how you sit and that's a very individual thing.)
post #6 of 9 Old Aug 13th, 2008, 5:55 pm

I added the Floor Boards and LOVE THEM. But not the heel-toe. Did you have to drill holes to install them? Yikes I don't like that idea. Anyway I would love to know as a recovering Ultra rider.
post #7 of 9 Old Aug 13th, 2008, 7:45 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryM
Where do we get the heel and toe shifter? and can it be used without the floor boards, just the pegs?

I would love the floor boards BUT I am short and the LT is tall. Do you think I will have a problem with reaching the ground with the boards?

I have just started this year with a weak left ankle (DROP FOOT MILD) BUT some days shifting is real painful. I need these products.

Any help would be appriciated,
Thanks,
Gary M.
Colorado
You won't have any problem reaching ground with floorboards, I sold quite a few people who had the same concern as you. they all wrote back saying they are keeping floorboards because there was no problem reaching ground. You can try them and if they are a problem, send them back and i will refund 100% including shipping. nothing to lose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 Old Aug 14th, 2008, 2:42 pm

Big Ed,
I have been trying to track down Buckskin for some time but he doesn't seem to exist anymore.....How long ago did you get your shifter and do you know how to contact Buckskin now??
post #9 of 9 Old Aug 15th, 2008, 4:40 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by toakley
Big Ed,
I have been trying to track down Buckskin for some time but he doesn't seem to exist anymore.....How long ago did you get your shifter and do you know how to contact Buckskin now??
i have his contact info on the front page of my website . did you try the phone number or email address i have listed for him? www.dodk64.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in